1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tank or Win?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenopogi, Oct 18, 2012.

?

Tank or Win

1. Tank

80 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. Win

113 vote(s)
    58.5%
  1. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

This ^

2. trowa

trowa Member

let's LIN

3. AbrahamLincoln

We play with the players and let things unfold. If we win so be it, I will enjoy watching. You wanna tank and watch god awful basketball, be a bobcats fan. That's done wonders for them.

4. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Why? because time changed. We have new CBA rules, Caps, Taxes and players make so much money now. It takes time for them to develop, and once they do it, they rather try free agency. It is not like the 70's, 80's anymore.

5. Playaz

Playaz Member

Dude the team we have right now is totally different from last year. Why can't you give them a single season to prove themselves? It's basically a team built from the ground up. For ****s sake look at their age! You know damn well SUPERSTARS don't grow from trees and takes time to develop. Nash took years before becoming a starter and being an elite PG. Who says we don't already have an elite center that needs to be developed? Asik hasn't been a regular starter and now that he is, who says he won't turn "elite" numbers? If he was available in the draft right now with his skill, he would most definitely be a top 5 pick.

This team is basically loaded with draft picks waiting to prove themselves. You would give the top 5 pick a chance to play before saying it's a TANKING SEASON, wouldn't you? So why not give a single REAL game to this team?

Top picks are way overrated. Kobe, Rondo and Nash weren't top 5 picks. Draft is all about luck. That's why they say it's a lottery. Not because you pick first that you will get the best player. Yes, you will have more chance but maybe if you chose 13th you would of got the new Kobe. Know what I'm saying? NO ONE can predict how a player will DEVELOP. NO ONE.

6. AbrahamLincoln

PREACH IT. lmao. I with you. Some people just like to complain. We have a new team that's young. Its exciting. People need to relax and let the talent of the noobs take us where it will. It's time to unleash the hogs of war.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

You do your best to win, because how else will you develop rooks with right attitude? But you just don't make any crazy win-now trades. Tanking will come naturally.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I'd rather we tank since with this roster, trying to win will probably result in 35 wins at most...

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I was against tanking last season.

Now I am flip flopping, I say tank, lets get some really talented young guys in here because unless Lin+Martin+someone else on the team really blows up in production the only thing that we have going for us is defense and that won't win the western conference, ask San Antonio.

Tank, keep our pick get new talent and probably a coach.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

admit it tankers, you would love to see Novak back on this team. 7-7 from 3 last game.

11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its not about tanking or winning. Doesn't matter what the Rockets does this year, if they win, that's great, if they are lottery bound and got a high pick, that's great also.

1 person likes this.
  12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm curious as to why people here think the Rockets have a choice in the matter. Suppose Terrence Jones breaks out, and starts winning us games, do you want McHale to start benching Jones so we lose again? Yeah, that will make players want to play here, and coaches want to coach here.

Seriously, the management already done the freaking tanking already. If you hadn't noticed, the Rockets have like 2 players with more than a couple of years of experience. And one of them, KMart, is 99.99% going to be traded before the deadline.

Just let the kids play, FFS. And I hope they play well and win, because I like to watch my team compete and win games, not sulk around looking lethargic and get blown out.

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

If only we were in the 80's before the lottery system :(
    (ex/lakers win 'chip and then get worthy)

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I love watching the Rockets play and it kind of sucks to watch a 2 hour game and come out with a loss,so I would never be on board to purposefully lose.Getting rid of veterans and playing young guys is great but dammit still do everything possible to make sure these young guy's have a winning mentality.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If we wanted to tank, we wouldn't have signed Lin and Asik.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

coaches and players should be there trying to win.

Tanking is the front office's job, whether its releasing veterans, going inexperienced, having injury breaks/recovery become very conservative, these are all things that are decided there.

17. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Play to win, don't even think about tanking until the last 2 weeks or so of the season.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

This I like. Has balance and reason. Tank, when there is no end in sight. Play to win as long as there is hope. If no chance, then that is the chance to play for next season. This strategy will be most acceptable to all.

Looking forward to the start of the season where everyone will give their damn best play to win. Fans will root and cheer for wins.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Tanking is for p*****s.