1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TAMU @ Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jeff from vandy, Sep 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Any thoughts here?

The Aggies are 14 1/2 point dogs...

Weather will be miserable with winds up to 30 mph and heavy rain.

Might sit this one out with the weather being crazy you can't really get a good feeling on it....

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are they actually going to play this game? I remember a few years ago they cancelled the Miami game up there because of lightning.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If the weather is crazy then I would take the aggies against the spread. 14 1/2 is really more than I would have expected.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

As long as there is no lightning, I expect the game to go on as scheduled.

5. mduke

mduke Member

VT wins easily.

6. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I think your right....

Scoring in this one will be tough with both teams having Defense's that can dominate a game...

I have a feeling special teams will decide how this one turns out.

I also think that TAMU's offensive scheme (short passes, WR screens, etc.) will work in the bad weather... if they score 10 pts I think they can cover.

Decisions, decisions, decisions......

Thanks for the input.... I think I have made up my mind!

7. junglerules

junglerules Member

I'm willing to give ESPN a dollar if Lee Corso's car gets hit by lightning again, the last time a VT game was cancelled due to inclement weather.

:)

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

9. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Amen.....**** that lying, two-bit, numbnuts piece of protoplasmic slime. I hope VT hangs 70 on his sorry ass. Go Hokies!

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

start vince young!!! look at reggie just running around out there (and the VT D doesn't suck as far as i know). who cares if he's learned the offense. hell, it's probably good if you don't know greg davis' offense. you haven't been corrupted.

11. Smokey

Fran is a better coach than Mack.

12. Smokey

Yeah lets not blame the Alabama AD who lied to Fran about the severity of the NCAA violations.

Fran is in a better place.

13. bamaslammer

Yeah....Mal Moore (Alabama AD) is a total tool. They should've fired him along with his "close personal friend" Mike Price. No disagreements there. But A & M a better place? Nah....no way. Coach Bryant didn't think so.

14. Mr. Mooch

Yeah, they certainly lied about not knowing what penalty they would get. :rolleyes:

Clearly Alabama was getting some type of penalty and the rumors sounded harsh. Fran knew that there would be some type of restrictions, yet he still took the job. What he did was horrible. He lied to his players and to the media when he said he would not take another job. The next week he was on a flight to College Station and said he was 'just visiting' the school (with permission from AD Mal Moore). He said he would not decide on the job until he spoke to his players.

The next morning there was a news conference, and the rat announced he would accept the position.

Now, obviously the 2 year bowl ban was a big issue. Everybody (and probably even AD Moore) knew something was up with DumBose and his awful reign. That guy was a mistake. Amazing thing is, people don't hate him around here; they (or at least I do) just enjoy the fact that the high school team he coached last season went something like 1-8.

Anyway, I was glad that I burned Fran's stupid bobblehead when I did. I wish him the worst.

Oh, and his daughters (one I knew) getting caught with alcohol was icing on the cake.

And yes, Moore will be out soon enough.

15. bamaslammer

You're an Alabama man? I'm not alone here? Dubose, in a column I wrote, I called "the most incompetent college football coach ever." The h/s team he coached went winless. I knew that season Fran was gone, especially when I asked him about the rumors at a press conference and he gave me that "who the **** are you to ask that question" look before he blew me off with a canned, b.s. reply.

16. Smokey

I'm not an Aggie fan and I really don't care. Fran did jerk you guys around but you make it sound like it is 100% his fault which it is not.

17. Mr. Mooch

Well of course I'm an Alabama man. Miss T-Town? ;)

So you're a columnist, eh? Write for anyone I might know?

Smokey-

I'm not blaming him on what he did exactly. He has every right to go wherever the hell he wants. It's the way he did it. He was evil and dishonest. He did everything that he could have done absolutely wrong in the process of looking at another school. If he had simply said he was planning on leaving, it would have been much better. Sure, many would be angry, but it would dissipate. People have moved on, but whenever you hear about the guy, anger is the first thing that comes to mind regarding this udder idiot.

EDIT: Might as well...

ROLL TIDE!

#17 Mr. Mooch, Sep 18, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  18. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Virginia Tech is one of the stupidest teams in college football. They should be winning by 3 touchdowns.

19. bamaslammer

Actually I write for a paper in GA and the answer is yes, I miss gameday, barbeques and such in lovely T-Town. Are you there now? The wife and I lived right over by campus in a house off 13th St, within biking distance of school. Living in that land of temptation (filled with tons of smoking co-eds!) was very hard for me, but since I'd been married for almost seven years and had two kids, that gave me perspective. It also made me the oldest person in every class and the only one with a high and tight except for the ROTC folks.

I worked for the Tuscaloosa News as a correspondent and I did some work with the CW as well during my senior year in 2000, which was the awful meltdown season. Tuscaloosa was fun and I hope to cover the Crimson Tide exclusively again, because now I do a lot of general SEC stuff with a UGA emphasis.

I want to be like Finebaum, but my little radio show in N. GA is pretty small on AM. Maybe I will get syndicated, maybe not, but that is where the money is at.

RTR

20. Mr. Mooch

Wow, that's VERY awesome.

I'm actually a block away from 13th. :D

I'll walk by there daily. I've been here for about 5 years (and will probably end up at UA next year).

Now I've been to the CW a few times (hate to say it, but it's the worst newspaper ever, lol).

Tuscaloosa News has been in their new building for a little more than a few months now. I hated it here when I first arrived, but now I'm used to it, and can't see myself in a big city to be perfectly honest.

Journalism people, REPRESENT!