1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tall guys (6'7" or taller) who can shoot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Jan 19, 2015.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dwight is gonna be a beast in the playoffs again. I can feel it.

2. prs325

prs325 Member

Where's Brian Cook?

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Kiss of death right here

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So are you advocating for Dwight shooting buzzer 3s in the playoffs?;)

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if we were going to go after a player, it would be Ryan Anderson who i think would be more available if the Pelicans were to slip out of playoff contention

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree. The rockets had better ball movement and played better d without Howard.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

so funny, teams would have a picnic at drives if he wasn't there

it doesn't show in the numbers how many times a player has to think twice before driving to the rim

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...while a good shooting big would be a nice thing on this team, the most pressing need is a guy who can create his own shots while the defense loads up on Harden.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, they sure did - Howard is better when he is sound in mind and body, but has not been in either of them this year, and with his knee issues - he may never be again.

Doing anything before we get Tjones back would be stupid, lets see what happens when you have two PFs in TJones and SMith and two centers in Howard and DMo....

I think the team may be better off with DMo at the 5, and Tjo at the 4.....than they are now.

DD

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The Rockets play team offense and defense when Dwight was out that extended period of time. His demands to post up and watch our offense slow to an accident on 59 is disappointing. It amazes me that players still throw the ball to him in the post knowing he will only pass if double teamed. Those antiquated post moves, drive right spin back left and shoot that weak left hand hook are comical.

It amazes me that D12 continues to post up after seeing game film after game film of him converting 28% of the time. On offensive rebounds and alley oops he could average 20 a game. At this point, I would rather have DeAndre Jordan at least he knows his limitations.

Dwights must improve:
    1. PnR no post ups, PnR with alley oops
    2. Watch Dmo on PnR defense, why are you camped in the lane watching guys like Curry and Thompson shoot wide open shots.
    3. Can you at least attempt to recover and rotate on D. Gives up after 1 try, multiple tries are required for championship teams

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If only they'd feed Dwight more in the corner, he'd be hitting them corner 3s like a boss!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HQhGszKOezY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Milkhair, get some plays run for Dwight's 3s.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Middleton playing any defense yet? I'd take him actually, more exciting to me than Jordan Hamilton (lulz on y'all), gets steals. Needs to get to the line more though.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Actually we have one. Josh Powell when he was playing could hit the midrange.

Thats what's missing with our bigs. The midrange shot to ease pressure and keep defenses honest.

I hope this silence on the Rockets front means Morey and the coaches are tweaking the offense.

14. Nook

Nook Member

No... Just no.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

whoops!

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

Oh DD. Oh any Dmo fans. Oh any Dwight haters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Buck Turgidson

They need a point guard who can shoot 3's and play good D.

Where's Kenny Smith when you need him? Or younger Jason Terry. Old Jason Terry will do for now.

18. Buck Turgidson

Looking back and laughing about all the stupid **** DD says will never, ever get old.

19. spark06

spark06 Member

Lmaoooooo! hahahahahahahahahahahaha

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Another DD favorite bites the dust. Stay away from Capela.