1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talked to Nick Van Exel today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jul 13, 2005.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

well me and my brother went to the procity games today and we had a good time, and no its not because of the excitement provided from the actual games. as we sat through a first rather boring game and we sit on the first row of bleachers, we see james posey and nick van exel walk in and sit about 5 ft from us. after a while i stepped up to them, said hi, and began a conversation with nick the quick. i asked him how free agency was going and he said he has been talking to the rockets and "we'll see what happens" (he had a confident smirk as he said this). i almost caught myself sayin oh sh** because i really would not like him to be on our team. i asked him and posey if they knew or heard anything about the swift situation and they both said they had not heard anything.
    following this a few minutes later cuttino mobley walks in with his son and is congratulated by by both players on his new deal with the clips. there are so many players and things i could talk about but among those that stood out were rashard lewis, tierre brown, mooch, mike james, anthony goldwire, and last but not least, sam cassel. the one thing i must say is these guys are extremely passionate about the game. they trash talked each other about pick up games from as far back as last year and regular season games and mobley and cassel actually got into it verbally about cassel telling cat repeatedly he had an offensive foul. very interesting conversations because i always thought with millions of dollars these guys would not actually get on each other about a pick up game but i was happy to see i was wrong in that dept. the only negative thing about it was they cursed so much. it wasnt the fact they cursed so much but more that there were many small kids who were around them listening to them talk like they did. overall, however, i had a good time and it was good to see mooch hitting his shots like he did. :D

2. Beenz

Beenz Contributing Member

are these games at Fonde, how do you get there, and when are they?

yea, cuttino does have a bad mouth, remember in Year of the Yao

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yeah, I was there, and I saw them sitting here in the corner talking mess. It was funny to see them talking to eachother like that, making funny remarks. They do have potty mouths though.

4. tim562

BTW - It was the second game that was boring, the red team was getting tore up by the gray team. It was terrible. The first game was good though.

5. bigbodymoe

hey tim could you describe yourself or what you wore maybe i remember you...i was the big guy with the bulls jersey and jeans on

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

my fav rocket of all time. dude has the most awkward game of anybody in the league (that's why he's effective), talks a schit load of trash, and won't back down from anybody.

not sure who i was rooting for when he and tmac got into it last season.

thanks for the update, bbm.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wouldn't mind having NVE here for the LLE. i think we are getting closer to signing swift since the NY times is going to run an article tomorrow saying the knicks are signing jerome james. if we can find a SG in trade for james and wesley this team will content next year. :D

8. bigbodymoe

if we could somehow get rid of moochie and ward or trade wesley then sign van exel to the LLE that would be great but anything more than that im not signing up on. i think he could provide us with a great 10 or 15 min a night with great shooting streaks and energy but anything more than that we dont need because we all know he can be a cancer to a loker room if he feels disrespected so his role would definantly have to be discussed thoroughly before he is signed

9. tim562

bigbodymoe -

I was the big dude sitting on the baseline where the guys bathroom is (where all the NBA players hung out tonight) wearing a Rockets Shirt. I have black hair, glasses, and also wore some tan shorts.

10. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

Salaam bro
    By all means talk about them! Haha its the offseason we need something to chew on...

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

maybe 4 years ago..but now he's injury prone and weak

12. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Just say NO to NVE.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

NVE doesn't seem to realize that the Rockets have a "guard glut." He doesn't bring anything to the table that this team doesn't already have.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This was funny :D.

15. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

it would have been great if the rockets had signed van exel 6 six years ago. he used to be sick, in his laker, maverick, nugget years. :D

16. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I don't care what they say or how they say it, but tone it down when you're around young children.

I guess that's what the kids get for walking into the lions den. :D

17. xnareshx

xnareshx Member

Hey bigbodymoe, Nick the Quick is not a free agent this offseason. Was he talking about a trade? He is an expiring contract. So are Wesley, Weatherspoon, and Baker. Wesley, Baker, and Weatherspoon for NVE.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have to say, if there is one thing this team needs, it's another GUARD...right Clutch? ;)

In all seriousness....NVE as a backup wouldnt be bad, but we have to clear up the Guard situation before we start thinking of adding guys like NVE or Damon Stoudamire.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'ts only a matter of time before we trade some of our guards to the knicks for some of thier fowards to even out both rosters.

20. redf000t

redf000t Contributing Member

I saw you there then. I always notice a Rockets shirt. I was sitting across the gym near that single side door where a lot of people stand around. For all you people who haven't been down to the Fonde, you gotta go its that cool.