1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill 69 to avenge OBL's death, Al Qaeda threatens Obama's grandmother

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 13, 2011.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Slow down there Yeller! With your threats of reporting posts and accusations my posts aren't beneficial to the soul. If all we discussed were the points, the facts, the daily show quips, we'd just be bots wouldn't we?

Mathloom himself said that he analyzed OBL's POV so he could get inside the mind of a terrorist. This isn't insinuating he is one in any way whatsoever. I think you're eager to pick a fight with a known outlaw and that's why you got carried away here. But I'm not mad at you, I know emotions can run high at times. But you best watch yourself, cuz I don't know you. Same time man, same time.

The rest of the post merely asks for less hypocrisy. And it gets a little personal in it's quest for answers... for the truth. I think your problem isn't with me, it's with the truth. And the journey towards it.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry if you ever thought I was mad. I'm not mad at all, but don't like wasting time reading personal attack stuff, because I don't care about any of that.

If someone is or isn't a hypocrite in their personal life, I don't feel like I need to know the truth of it. That isn't any concern of mine.

I'm fine posting about hypocrisy regarding the issues.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Mathloom, IMO is a massive hypocrit....and while Ronny may be a bit offensive in what he is saying, his point is on the money, IMO.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How about we just completely abandon them regardless and not give two ****s about them? I certainly don't. Foreign affairs are what they are. FOREIGN. Not our problem.

5. RedRedemption

Lmao. Post of the year, you just destroyed yourself with your own argument.

1 person likes this.
  6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I've always thought Mathloom was a pretty smart kid from the suburbs currently going through his rebel/coffee shop/goatee phase - but instead of a Che Guevara tshirt he wears a OBL one.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Well we have an interest in the country improving. Like it or not, the center of islamic terrorism is now in Pakistan and not Afghanistan.

The issue is that we just need to ensure that money goes to the right place. The Kerry-Lugar bill that funds civilian aid for Pakistan requires that the state department monitor spending and ensure that the civilian government has effective control of the military. They've never bothered to enforce either provision so a starting point is actually enforcing the laws on the books.

Second, we have massive leverage over the Pakistanis. They need our money. So why not actually use that leverage instead of just handing them billions without even bothering to check where it goes. The ISI would probably be bankrupt without our aid so threaten to withdraw aid if they keep this stuff up. Pakistan's military simply cant do the kind of stuff it does now without our money so now's the time to start flexing our muscle and ordering them to clean up.

And you know what if they decide to continue to ignore our demands, then sure withdraw the money and say we're done with them. Both the Indian and the Afghan governments would have no problem with that either.

8. Landry92

Landry92 Member

If You do all of that and deny being a Muslim publicly than you're not a Muslim. Don't know why you're so sure about what your saying, is it that mind boggling than a non Muslim would be Pro Anti Islam

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The first sentence already had me chuckling, but the second one made me laugh out loud :grin:.

10. RedRedemption

It's a catch-22 really. Pakistan is corrupt and they don't like us. If we want change; we're going to need to force the issue and force a change. But then we become the very imperialists that the Taliban are trying to make us.

Case in point: we should have avoided the situation entirely. Let them tear themselves to pieces, I'm more worried about the livelihood of my pets than the POS lifestyle conditions of those that do not want to change.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

Really? More like

Audience: 132
    Clowns: 0

How long till the curtain falls on these silly repeating acts put on by the same sad individuals?

2 people like this.
  12. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truer words have never been spoken.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who forced you to read?

[​IMG]