1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill 69 to avenge OBL's death, Al Qaeda threatens Obama's grandmother

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 13, 2011.

1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I dont know why OPs think Mathloom would lie about being a Muslim

Makes no sense

Anyway I am glad OBL died but would've preferred the US to not so widely publicize it. They have the ability to keep it discreet even for a while, plus they should repair the damage they have done in Pakistan, their government is overwhelmed and cant deal with the upcoming terrorist threats. Taliban definitely has a lot of support in Pakistan but as you get closer to the capital their support fades away and thats where their targeting.

Americans may think they won the war but its merely a battle, yes they definitely killed the symbol Osama but radical muslims since the fall of Mubarak have worked harder to expand their power and now their shoving their Ideology down our throats in my country and their definitely stirring things up in Egypt and Kuwait, this could be their beginning but most likely their end because people just cant stand them anymore

2. Nook

Nook Member

MEOW?

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm not dignifying anything; I'm just trying to explain the way they see themselves. Their self-righteousness has blinded them to their perversions both religious and humanistic.

bin Laden is just a megalomaniac like Hitler or any other number of tyrants; they view themselves as separate and above everyone else.

4. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I agree with you, but the reason i got on ATW for using the word islamists so on because although none of your intentions are to dignify it, but when you sayy ther motives are truly religious and say the motivation si religion, you dignify to them what they feel they are doing, rather we should be saying, if you are so religious and representing your religion, why do you cross these clear lines in your book, etc?

Its like these catholic priests, some of them as predators in a trial told their victims don't you want to make sure god's messenger or servant is satisfied so on.
    the kkk beleives they are true chrisitans, so did hitler

so jsut bc all these wackos and bin laden and his followers used and believed they were righteous, just like we wouldn't say oh the basis is christianity, that is what motivated them since they used that at times, we shouldn't generalize and says islamists and say the foundation is religion. The foundation is just plain crazy and that is whta they are and we should call them in their hypocrisy rather than using the religion.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There is no pattern? lol that's hilarious.

I know that even if everyone disagrees with you, you will insist that it's not true (typical bigotry), so I think there's no point discussing.

NO PATTERN. lol

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The irony.

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Why is it less impotent though? What if they had killed 69 people in Times Square?

American troops are well protected. But the countries who are well protected and participating in Afghanistan should be mindful of other innocent people. We want to stop terrorism, we don't want to just make the problem of another innocent group of people (Pakistani civilians). Like I said, I hope you're right, and I think you probably are right, but we shouldn't rest easy until we're sure that there is no clear pattern.

I'm not signing up to the "you can't prove causality, so I don't give a f***" crowd.

As for bias, ofcourse everyone has bias. You think I have Muslim bias, I believe I have anti-Muslim bias more than anything else. But a natural level of bias is of no concern to us as long as we recognize it. The dangerous bias is the stuff that exceeds the norm, shows a pattern and the person is unable to recognize it. I can't see how I fit this profile, just off the top of my head I'm so hateful of Middle Eastern politics, culture and religion that I can't see how I could be pro-Muslim or pro-Arab biased. I'm not a Muslim, and I'm part Arab, part Iranian, part Turkish. I could be pro-Middle East biased generally I guess, but that's like ATW being pro-Europe or you being pro-North America (if you're from the US). What does it really mean other than I want things to improve in the biggest mess of a region in the world?

I think it's taken way too far by some of the posters here, and it's clear that they're stereotyping. Don't get me wrong, there are several posters who will criticize me and I will take it on board. But when I have someone who's constantly whining about Islam/brown people, and they have a problem with me saying that we should be careful that innocent Pakistani lives are not ignored, I can not take that criticism on board. It reminds me of George Bush's "you're either with us or against us" moment, and I always say, I'm definitely NOT with the person who insists that I pick a side - especially since I'm talking about innocent civilians.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Another long, rambling post that does not make sense.

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

a) It's not unheard of for this to happen.
    b) Who says I'm a diplomat? lol

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Uhhh, yeah, my bad for discussing my beliefs with you guys. If you're going to decide/question what belief system I belong to regardless of what I say, I'll just stfu about it from now on, and ask you to do the same. Alright? Great.

I'd like to see you discussing the points.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

What points? They must be hidden somewhere in your long, rambling, incoherent posts.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Won't bother with your personal attacks, like I said, looking for real discussion.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Great job by you in this thread of taking the high road, not making personal attacks, and "just discussing the points"...examples below.

The most hilarious part is when everyone disagreed with him and explained to him that the Taliban would have killed people regardless of whether the USA took out Osama, and he just ignored it and then posted this gem:

1 person likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes, which is why I decided I should just stop making those kinds of posts. I would like you to do the same if that's ok. Can you not make personal attacks please?

FYI, no one explained to me that the Taliban would have killed people regardless, because no one can tell the future. That opinion was expressed to me, and my entire point in this thread has been that we should monitor the possibility that they do kill significantly more people. I can't follow the "it's hard to prove causality, so I won't bother/care" mentality, there are innocent humans involved.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL - first you make like 10 personal attacks and then you say "You should not make personal attacks". That is ridiculous.

Several people explained it to you. That you decide to ignore it or do not understand it is a separate issue.

Then you go and "monitor" it. Please report back after the year is over. What exactly do you suggest should be done if more people are killed than in the year before? How do you intend to prove that that would not have happened anyway, given the state Pakistan is in?

Oh, the drama. There are innocent humans involved, so Mathloom needs to turn off logical thinking.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1) Several people explained their opinion. There's no right or wrong opinion. I'm pretty sure you agree with that.

2) If 10 times more people are killed, I suggest we don't abandon the countries involved. Do you have a problem with me having this opinion?

3) So I must be illogical because I disagree?

Overall, you seem to be insisting that there is something wrong with the way I think because I disagree with you. Is this what you're trying to say?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

ATW - 1
    Mathloom - 0

DD

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given that the Taliban has been killing people in Pakistan for years now prior before OBL was killed I think it is pretty evident that they would be killing people whether OBL died or not. I find it ironic they are targeting the Pakistani military given how much the Pakistani military has protested the mission to kill OBL but that just goes to show that perhaps that isn't the primary reason they are targeting the Pakistan military.

I've been reading through your posts on this thread and I am not clear about what you are asking for. Are you saying that the US shouldn't have killed OBL that the US should just withdraw from Pakistan / Afghanistan because so many Pakistanis and Afghans are being killed?

Given the situation in the NW frontier and Afghanistan I have a hard time accepting that even if the US withdrew that the Taliban and Al Qaeda would quit killing Pakistanis and Afghans. While the US wouldn't be there killing people given what happened after the Soviet withdrawl the violence in that reason didn't stop but continued and at the moment I am not seeing why it would if the US withdrew.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yes, it is unheard of it to happen. You must be a Muslim to be represent the UAE government on any level - or apply for a position. Are you disputing this?

I have no issue when you make valid points or post from an OBL POV (so we can get into the mind of the terrorist), but nobody likes a pathological liar Mathloom.

And ATW is illustrating how aloof and in denial of your situation you are.

You are a Muslim who wants to drink and talk continuously and have anal sex. Kind of like a rich middle aged white woman. So you call yourself a non-Muslim when it suits you despite the love your Islamic mother and father gave to you growing up, despite the Islamic blood that connects your siblings... or have you forgotten about this during your debauchery indulgences? 2 days later you want to journey to Mecca and receive enlightenment as a Muslim.

Have some pride in who you are, Mathloom.

1 person likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of crap nobody needs. It isn't adding to the debate in any way. It is personally insulting by acting like Mathloom has an "inside the mind" of OBL/terrorist perspective, in addition to all the crap about his personal religion which nobody but Mathloom would really know, and is instead just insulting.

It is no different than when people make personal attacks on ATW and call him a Nazi, which is also wrong and adds nothing to the debate.

Islam is a religion and not genetic or part of the blood.

I like it when posters are straight to the point and don't care if being straight and to the point is offensive to people.

This is far different than that. This is just one personal insult after another. It isn't helpful or beneficial to anyone. I wouldn't blame Mathloom for reporting this post.