1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill 69 to avenge OBL's death, Al Qaeda threatens Obama's grandmother

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 13, 2011.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That clearly wasn't the only goal.

Based on a trillion dollar sh** show in iraq and no 9/11 connection, The goal was to get blood for oil ,and use 9/11 as a way to drive up gas prices and halliburton bottom line...for bush and co safe to say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

OBL was just a convenient distraction to justify the cash/land grab.

You know who else used distractions to justify cash/land grabs?? .. I'll give you hint it start it ryhmes with 'zitler'

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to quote this for those who have him on ignore. I love that he is imagining these undertones while I've said in the OBL thread that killing OBL was the right thing to do.

He just can't believe it. I MUST love Americans getting killed (in ATW's head, according to the undertones). It would be illogical if I didn't, I wouldn't fit into the profile he's created for me. lol

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If think there are any limits to the US as the World's policeman then Pakistan would be #1 on the list. We can fund the Army and have some confidence in the older British trained professionals but other than that, it's a snake pit of deceit. It will probably never see stability.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

People have him on ignore specifically because they don't want to see what he posts. Maybe your life would be more enjoyable if you did the same.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you tell him to shut up and just believe whatever the TV says!

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it is 100% the right thing to do.. did the allies say lets not go after Hitler before the Nazi's get mad?

since OBL's death the US has beefed up security on all their interests around the world.. they've given monetary, training, and equipment aid to Pakistan but its their job to secure their own territory and citizens

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not just one of 100's, it'sone of 1000's of such attacks that have occurred and will continue to occur in Pakistan regardless of anything that happened to Osama bin Laden. You might as well blame the Heat's victory over the Celtics as the degree of causation is about the same.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Big fans of green!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

islam is so great

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One would think that their type of thuggary would be getting less and less popular, they kill more of their own people, this is bullying 101, straight out of Stalin or Hitler's notebook.

The Pakastani government should take more charge of this and protect their citizens, you don't appease a bully you punch him in the mouth.

DD

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its pretty easily explained. Islam has nothing to do with the hatred of America. Its an excuse to recruit. When we profile at the airport, we are not profiling muslims, we are profiling dark skinned people who have nothing to lose.

We see the same phenomenon here in the US. Its called "I hate those greedy evil corporations". Why? Because they are rich and we are not. The only reason why the "poor" people are not uprising in violence against corporations is because they have A LOT to lose. At the end of the day, they get to go home and indulge on the products of these evil corporations. They have food and energy provided for them if they can't afford it, a house that is heated/cooled, TV, internet, automobiles, ect ...

When you have absolutely NOTHING but a little hut with a dirt floor, enough food to survive and running water, then maybe one can understand a little better why they are willing to go kill themselves against the great evil and greedy imperialists from the West.

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

what about the radical christians? they kill too!!!! :rolleyes::grin:

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Anyone that is despicable enough to target innocent civilians regardless of religion.

They are just using the instability of the message in the Koran, same as others have done using the Bible inconsistencies in the past to inspire the poor and weak minded to do their bidding.

It is despicable, and IMO, you go after the leaders that are sending these young men to their deaths....and you go after them with vengence.

DD

1 person likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am not imagining anything. Just like you stated before that you do not want the old cartoonist to be murdered, but you want him to live in fear for the rest of his life, a lot of your statements are ambiguous and full of deceit and trickery. Your initial post in this thread is written in a way to make it seem like the Taliban are just reacting ("this is starting to get ugly") to the USA's action.

Just FYI, here is a list of the terrorist attacks in Pakistan since 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Pakistan_since_2001

The list is too long to even be quoted. Yet, you act like "this is starting to get ugly", as a reaction to the USA's action. What is the point of saying that?

That is not what I said, and it is stupid for you to even post that - no American was killed in this attack. What I am saying is that your post has an undertone of laying blame on the USA for this or at least describing them as the cause the Taliban are merely reacting to, which is typical of several posts you have made over the years.

P.S.: Save yourself the "I am quoting his post for those who have him on ignore" schtick.

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You think so simplistically, the Pakistani government gets aid money and America's attention/support with the likes of Pakistani Taliban/Alqaida around, if the problem goes away, the money goes along with it. If anything I would think the Pakistani government is indirectly behind this bombing.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sadly you might be right, you can always follow the money tree.

DD

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes let's kill innocent people to avenge Osama's "martyrdom". Just like Obama said..Osama and other terrorists aren't Muslims. They're Muslim killers.

******* lunatics!

1 person likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So many conspiracy theorists in this thread. smh. In any case, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots. If I were a leader in a terrorist organization and my main enemy just killed the head honcho, I wouldn't want my first statement counterstrike to look anything like this. It suggests they can't put on a good attack on America, so they have to grab the low-hanging fruit. I'm sorry for Pakistan and it's citizenry, but they haven't been able to get another good shot at us in a long time.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You understand exactly what I am saying here.

If we are averaging 1,000 murders/year for the last 9 years, and suddenly in the tenth year that number jumps to 5,000, an all time high, then we have to act responsibly and give a ****.

Innocent Pakistani people are just as valuable as innocent Americans. We both know that innocent Pakistanis are much easier targets than innocent Americans - who do you think the terrorists would attack? What do you think the media would do?

I don't want to sit here and say "violence is violence, and we can't prove causality" and wash my hands of it. I feel we should monitor the situation and make sure that any unusual increase in violent activity is addressed.

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Would make sense too, and I don't think it would be the first time.