1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TAIWAN NUMBA ONE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shastarocket, Dec 2, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dei resorts to a crude personal insult, which is now permitted here, I guess, along with disparaging people with dark skin. Good times.

Dude, I was not trying to get under your skin, but instead of people looking at me, people are just observing your lame attempt at bullying. As your new friend bigtexxx would say, once you result to personal insults, you've lost. Also as your new friend bigtexxx would say, gather yourself, take some time away, and come back trying to use logic.

For future reference, people you don't like (like professors and people with dark skin) and don't agree with (anyone who dares question Trump on anything) aren't going anywhere. They are part of the American fabric. For future reference, you can't silence them, burn their favorite books, or any of that that rot. Not this century, and not in our country. So you need to grow a thicker skin, just based on your outbursts so far.

On topic, if Trump has a strategy -- great. I hope he's getting advice from the "best" people on it. What fits the data so far is more that he's still on a learning curve. I agree with those that say China will understand he's on a learning curve. Instead of getting enraged with him, I worry more that they and other countries can exploit a period of foreign policy ignorance. But again, if he really does get some good advice, we won't have much to worry about. On that front, I hope he gets a relatively sane and experienced person like Romney as S.o.S.

JeffB, FranchiseBlade and Exiled like this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Trump is already doing better than this naive idiot. Russian reset!

[​IMG]

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You Trumpketeers appear to know and understand as little about diplomatic relations than the new president. B-Bob nailed it on page one.

This con man is in so far over his head that I can't even enjoy watching him flail about for the comedic enjoyment.

4. bigtexxx

If you're holding up Obama's foreign policy as a shining example of excellence, I truly question your sanity.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the guy is such a reality tv president.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He does make a good point though on the tweet above, though the president elect should not be pointing out these types of things on twitter.

Don't think this is a big deal but it is concerning wrt the future and unpredictable trump in office.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't like Obama's policy goals or whatever, I can understand that. In some cases I agree. Probably not nearly to the same degree as some of you, but I understand.

But at least he has been able to follow the basic rules of conversation without committing a faux pas.

Trump is acting like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. But in reality, unlike silly teen comedies from the 80's, the boorish fool doesn't get laughs. In reality, all the stuffy old Judge Smails characters band together.

Annoying China or India or whomever when your goals and theirs conflict is one thing. Annoying them because you don't care enough to learn the rules of decorum is just lazy and selfish.

Actually, it fits right in with Trump's narcissistic personality, where nothing matters unless he cares about it. In truth, we probably should have seen this coming.

All he had to do is show up for one single mf-ing briefing and this could be avoided. But he continues to say "no thanks" to every single attempt by the state department and intelligence community to give him basic information. Because apparently The Donald knows everything already, I guess?

I know politics blind some of you to why this is bad. If you want to understand, think of Joe Biden's foot-in-mouth disease early on in Obama's first term and then multiply by 1000. And at least Biden had someone above him.

BTW, I don't care a bit for Mike Pence, but from what I understand he has been doing his homework like a boss, inhaling all the briefings he can. Trump might wish to take a few pointers.

#47 Ottomaton, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

China said the right things today and said it using diplomatic code. Good for them, good for Taiwan, good for us.

But China also plays the long game and if anyone thinks this is over, they are delusional. They will not forget. And I'm afraid Trump will take this as a challenge to his ego. Can easily see him ordering the Navy into the strait.

I need to check with Vegas on what the over/under is on wars started because of Trump's ignorance. At this point, I'm betting heavily on the over. If one of those is China/Taiwan or India/Pakistan, we are in big trouble.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Pence is not the brightest guy, but he is no dummy either. He knows he may become the President before 2020.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

China is too pragmatic to irrationally respond to an "idiot". They know what Trump is. But who knows, you know, one day when Trump does something strange to some powerful nation like Iran, NK, or someone with irrational fears...

11. bigtexxx

Educate yourself on the facts. The Taiwanese leader called Trump, not the other way around. But I love you projecting the narrative you hope is true.

12. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

If you payed a little bit more attention you will see I didn't at any point lay out the details of how it occurred. When you start making basic reading comprehension errors, I can tell you're getting a little rattled. texxx. Either that, or you're intentionally trying to create a distraction.

But, all that aside, it's not like any other US President has ever had to field a phone call from Taiwan so we should all give The Donald a big pass, amirite?

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Relax. Everything will be fine once Trump appoints Shaq to be the ambassador to the PRC.

Invisible Fan and Ottomaton like this.
  14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

"I'm freaking out because Trump spoke to a democratically elected leader, and this might offend a dictatorship."

/liblogic

I suppose this does follow the trend they set after praising Castro upon his death

Now what I don't understand is why they hate Hitler. By their logic they should love Trump.

15. bigtexxx

You got called out for just lazily launching into your canned narrative that you hoped was true. Learn the facts next time.

16. dmoneybangbang

This isn't a big deal, it was clearly a mistake. It just shows how much the Trump needs to figure out about diplomatic relations.

17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

You "called me out" for saying something that I didn't say or imply or in any other way allude to. Way to learn from your betters. These days, making up your own reality and pretending it's true is all the rage among the people you admire. Keep it up and you might be able to get a job with Breitbart.

18. dmoneybangbang

And other presidents in the past have good people guiding them to prevent such mistakes. You think there aren't proper channels to do this sort of thing? You think Trump is the first candidate elect to get congralatory calls?

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

communist oligarchy

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Actually, i think most people understand that China is smart enough to behave smartly. It's weird you think that kind of thinking is "freaking out". But then, when you group all people with ranges of reaction under /liblogic, you will often fail miserably.