1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TAIWAN NUMBA ONE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shastarocket, Dec 2, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is a serious breach of decorum and an embarrassing gaffe...but I couldn't help remembering this classic:

arkoe and nono like this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Oh please. What is wrong with Trump congratulating her over her election win?

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ LOL

congratulations, you are now eligible to advise Trump on foreign policy

DonnyMost and Exiled like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

i remember bush raising tensions with the Chinese during his first year as well. Then 9/11 happened and we shifted attention to the ME.

The West does lets them get away with many things such as dumping and currency manipulation. Then again, we'd also be guilty of currency manipulation as Quantivative Easing is a deliberate debasing of our currency in order to prop up asset classes and stimulate inflation during a time when tight banks would promote deflation.

Foreign policy consensus is that a more prosperous china is easier to contain and redirect than the scary china that's slowly emerging. With the way things are going, it's not far fetched for china to use this as a moment to purge their moderates and become less free than they already are.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Considering you're seemingly advocating for the opposite of what he did, what makes you eligible to advise Trump on foreign policy? Why shouldn't the country be speaking to Taiwan?

6. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

Funny thing is Taiwan would more than likely repel a PRC invasion.

7. dmoneybangbang

China doesn't recognize their sovereignty and would like to reclaim it.

8. Dei

Dei Member

I know. So what?

Nook likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Makes it much harder to parlay with China.... our main competitor. But hey.... if you think making things harder is prudent well you got your boy Trump.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Don't be such a p***y. The US still has tremendous leverage with China.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

H1Z1 memes on Clutchfans. Lol.

12. dmoneybangbang

LOL. If you ever find yourself in a position of power where the stakes are significant, you'd understand mistakes like this are a waste of time to deal with. That is if this intended to be a mistake.

Trump either made a mistake due to his staff being ignorant on this issue or he wants to provoke China. I think it's the former. China and the US have tremendous leverage over each other.

hvic likes this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

First assignment for my new client is to have him bring Japan to the table with China to not only acknowledge and apologize for WWII atrocities but to have them hand back the Daiku islands to the Chinese. This would go a long way in cementing the US's relationship withy the Kuomintang.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't worry I expect Obama to head straight there to bow before the Chinese leaders. That will clear it up.

I'm glad our next president won't p***y foot around apologizing and bowing like Obama.

cml750 likes this.
  15. Dei

Dei Member

I have been in leadership positions before. You don't want to cause something that bites you back, obviously, but there's also point where you just do everything to please your enemies. I don't want to skirt over everything they feel offended about; which is something liberals do irl.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"don't be a p***y" ... "pussyfooting around" ... gentlemen (and I use the term too loosely), late 1913 is calling and would like its international rhetoric back.

Meanwhile, it is increasingly clear watching our new POTUS and his minions assume command of our great nation will be like watching the most troubled kid in town break into a construction site and get the earth mover running, thinking he can figure out what all the levers do without reading the directions or getting any training. It could be a funny sight for all if the construction site wasn't filled with explosives and trip wires connected to the rest of the community.

Oh well, as they say.

For future reference, thinking is not equal to "being a p***y" unless you're in the 7th grade and plan to basically stay there for the rest of your life.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Much better to go ask Putin to "push the reset button" like Hillary tried! Talk about amateurish

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Not Yours China.

Nook likes this.
  19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Jeez. Yesterday, he pisses off India by saying inane stuff to Pakistan and now this.

I am speechless. I'm also more than a bit scared.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Don't worry: the Chinese do care, but they know he has no clue what he's talking about. They will inform him of their position.