1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tailgating?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryMVP, Jan 4, 2011.

1. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

I dunno if this has ever been brought up before, but what about tailgating before some of the bigger rockets game? I think it would be a great way to help fans get pumped up for the game like when you tailgate for football. I know there are laws with drinking alcohol downtown and stuff, but I think this would be a great idea. Maybe something that could be expanded from the rowdies? sorry if its been brought up before. Any thoughts?

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am all for it. I'll meet you at the 59 underpass at our next western conference championship game.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

It was getting pretty crazy before the Toronto game but also they were having a new years party at the convention center down the street.

4. AggieRocketsFan

I usually tailgate on the B.U.S. across from the Toyota Center.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What do you mean by tailgating? Like light up a grill? I don't think you can do that.

I usually eat in my car. But during the spring time/playoffs time, i'm sitting on the sidewalk and eating. It's going to kick ass.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

agree

7. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Don't sit on the sidewalk! we can bring those Rockets lawn chairs!

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think he means getting drunk before games, not eating Ka5m.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah! That's what I meant by sitting on the sidewalk. I still have them in my car, I haven't taken it out of it's bag. That's why i'm begging for the playoffs.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm more of an eater than a drinker. I hold my food better than my drinks.

11. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

I would like to see a lot more Rockets fans get together at that basketball court next to the Toyota Center and have a get together there before games.

12. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Its just a thought it doesn't necessarily have to consist of grilling and drinking, although that would be a plus :grin: . Just a place for a bunch of fans meet up to get pumped for the game, I go to 90 percent of home games and love going somewhere before to get ready

13. Prince

Prince Member

Why tailgate when suites are available for retail already.

14. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have tailgated, small groups but fun.

Some of the fans around me when I had season tickets would all call each other and we would get together in a parking lot and just do it.

HPD does not care if 10-12 people that are dressed well and are 25-40 years old are hanging out.

Now kids or folks in jerseys would probably draw some attention

15. izeroi

izeroi Member

Yup same here.