1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tailgaters in Houston are working my last nerve. Do yall routinely do 85 on a 35 exit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Has anyone ever been pulled over for speeding on the freeway in the left lane?

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Asian?

1 person likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't move to LA, what.

Old Asian ladies there drive at least 75, and will cut your b**** ass off if they catch you driving the limit.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKcSZfY1sf4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKcSZfY1sf4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

65 on the freeway = 80
    35 on the exit = coast from 65/right lane speed
    70 on Interstate = 90
    Cop sitting on the service lane = 45

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol yes. I laugh at people like that. They end up in the right lane thinking they can get 2-3 more cars ahead of you and 20 seconds later you are passing them up because they are stuck behind someone going 50 and cannot get over lmao

1 person likes this.
  7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I just recently moved to Austin. This is true. However, every ****ing highway has only 3 lanes! Drives me insane

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I laugh at people who drive 90 when they see a solid line of cars in every lane up ahead going 70. They blow past everybody else and have to slam on their brakes when they reach that very obvious wall of cars. Hey guy, I get it. You want to drive fast, but you're not getting past those cars. You can ease off the gas and still catch up with them. You don't have to keep your foot down until you're right on their ass, forcing you hit your brakes.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

+1000.

And it doesn't matter what lane they are in. There's just not enough highway space for someone to drive that slow during rush hour.

I wish we had variable speed limits here. What i mean is, each lane has an appropriate minimum speed especially during rush hour.

Extreme left lane = minimum 70mph, middle 65mph...etc

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep. Near Humble....59 north bound.

My first, and ONLY speeding ticket I've ever had. Guy was in the inside lane....when he pulled up behind me to pull me over I started merging to the right lanes (I didn't want to stop on the inner lane....I was rear ended the year before it my truck was totaled)....so I was paranoid from the traffic passing at 70mph....

But he hand signaled me to go back to the left lane to stop....so he could be in position to pull someone else over after done giving me a ticket.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Absolutely.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I swerved left and I swerved right and she was still tailgaiting me too damn tight, to the left lane I tried to switch then...

YOU SAW MY BLINKER BI***!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5sX5XLhsAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'll speed up and move in front of a car if I feel they are not driving safely, even if it is a packed highway. Things I look for would be their speed in relation to the lane and others, whether they can stay within their lane, if they use blinkers or turn off their blinkers, etc.

I'd rather be ahead of a bad driver than behind one. That way, they are liable if they hit me from behind and I don't have to constantly worry about reacting to them if they are in front of me.

Driving safely is not just about your own abilities. It's also about the other cars on the road. You need to identify the risks and anticipate other drivers' bad habits.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I got a ticket on the 183 for doing 75 at night...

Austin drivers are pretty erratic. You got the slowpoke native weirdos, plus the Californian transplants (whom the 'natives' blame for everything wrong with the city) and then there are the women.

15. ILoveTheRockets

I rather be behind on the highway, you might be liable if you hit, but you have a better chance at surviving if it's bad. Seen a few really bad wrecks like that, and after that. Much rather be the person hitting than receiving on the highway.

16. ILoveTheRockets

speed trap city.

And FYI, Don't pull over for a cop until YOU feel it's safe. Cops start getting that rush sometimes and it can cloud their judgement. And if the cop ask why you didn't pull over right away, explain to him you felt it was safer to pull over in this spot for his and your safety. He might just go ahead and let you go with a warning for that.

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Yes, on 59 @ Hillcroft coming home from work. It was a speed trap and I was the lead car of the bunch but going the same speed as the group. Later, after leaving there were several other cops waiting to give tickets. Must have been that time of the month to fill quotas or something.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I was speeding on the left lane down 610 once... then a cop car showed up behind me and turned on his siren. So I pulled over the left shoulder and slowed down to stop and the cop just kept on going. What the hell was that all about? All the other lanes were pretty empty.