1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tailgaters in Houston are working my last nerve. Do yall routinely do 85 on a 35 exit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

STUPID GOVERNMENT AND THEIR STUPID SPEED LIMITS.
    I WANTS MY FREEDOM.
    KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY HIGHWAYS!

DESTROY GOVERNMENT!

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Are you the same p***y who tries to enter the freeway at 35mph? Get the f*** out of the way! I hate that ****.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's the stuff that pisses me off. You're getting on the freeway, please get up to freeway speeds. Don't go 30 MPH and try to suddenly merge with people going 65 and don't force everybody behind you to do the same thing.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Has what moved to Houston? :confused:

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

finalsbound sounds grumpy. I'm going to assume she temporarily confused the OP with swoly.

Personally, I drive 5 miles an hour on exit ramps just to ensure I don't offend anyone.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6bArAH5CCBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. da1

da1 Member

Most people don't know how to drive properly

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Nothings worse than a dude entering the freeway at 35!

Exiting well it says 35 but nobody does that just take the foot of the gas and slow down.

-Tailgaters are my #1 nerve. #2 is people who always tap their breaks. They don't realize they can slow down just by letting off the gas.......

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just because no one in Memphis can afford a car, don't hate on Houstonians for enjoying ours!

Troll Face.png

10. RedRedemption

At the end of the day they're destroying their fuel economy so its their loss in the long-term.

11. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

I have to drive up 45 everyday and from what I can see tailgating is only a problem in the left lane (which I partake in :grin:) when some a-hole is in that lane driving just barely at 65 while a whole line of people are trying to go 75+ in that lane. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that if you are going to drive slow as f*** don't go into the left lane.:mad:

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Damn. I was planning on making fun of the OP, but you guys were ruthless.

13. 713

713 Member

driving is for p*****s...i take metro.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

move b**** get out the way b**** get out the way.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There are very few, if any, drivers that routinely drive 90+ MPH on the freeway.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

speed limits are optional, like pants

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

lmao, dude you got lots to learn driving on the mean streets of H-Town if this is your primary complaint.

18. HombreDeHierro

The exit ramps can easily handle speeds of 65-70.. Usually this makes it easier go get into right lanes once you exit

19. RedRedemption

Does anyone here hate the drivers who bob and weave through traffic on the highway and make it their mission to cut everyone off?

This:
    [​IMG]

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And they're the bad guys.

But I do agree with you. I go the speed limit on feeders and people blow past me angrily. And then I end up passing those same people on the highway because they're going 5 under the speed limit.

Make hay while the sun shines. Maybe not 90, but I'll happily go the speed limit until I hit a point where I can't. The real issue is people who are putting along UNDER the speed limit at rush hour. YOU are the problem.

My philosophy is that if I pass you, you're much less of a variable in the equation of me getting to point B. People in front of me are an unknown.

Man, I gotta get out of here. I just had to make a work trip to the middle of nowhere. On the way home, I was getting out of peoples way because everyone was speeding. When they would roll up on my ass, I would just get over quickly. Turns out, that's threatening to yokels because they called the cops on me and I had two cop cars pull me over when I hit my town. This is just common courtesy in Houston. Here in the sticks of DFW, it's called 'wreckless driving'.

The cop (same kid who gave me three tickets a few months ago) tried to get me to accept the phone call version that I was driving dangerously. He threatened to take me to jail but I stuck to my guns and he gave me back my DL and let me go on my way. I have the convo on my iphone. Man I miss Houston.

#60 Xerobull, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012