1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Ok, I am enough for you, just stop here. My reading comprehension has nothing to do with you.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well said brother dobro.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it's all good, embrace the hate. that said when we do win the title and tnt and crew get up on our nuts we need to blow them off.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Technically, no one is a "contender," then, by that logic - the only teams to have won something is the eventual champion at the end of the year. Getting to the playoffs + getting to the Finals in your respective conference but losing all add up to 15 teams being losers, and 1 team being the winner.

We're contenders. No idea why Barkley said we weren't, and then didn't elaborate.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Probably because those other guys aren't being paid Dwight-level money.

If you're going to be paid that kind of money, and your team is successful, expect heavy criticism about why your output isn't matching your income.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barkley said earlier in the season Carroll Dawson "cheated" him out of $3 million back in the 90s. I guess that explains his anti-Rockets vitriol.

Barkley is funny sometimes and has very good chemistry with Kenny and Ernie. Those 3 guys are what it's all about.

But Shaq is just worthless garbage that fouls up TNT's broadcast. I don't understand why they are so determined to have him on the show.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry pal, 99ers with hakeem status say that you don't have any reading comprehension skills.

too bad you can't contribute to the thread cause you can't read.

8. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

If Shaq doesn't like Dwight, who cares? Dream does.

Game, set & match right there.

(and add me to the list of people here who have interacted with Tad Brown and found him to be a very good person)

9. tinman

Supporting Member

he should have elaborated. because he didn't that adds more fuel to the fire.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never argued that Dwight wasnt a dominant or elite defender. We all know he is. No one is trying to make howard into an old school center BUT HOWARD. Gasol makes his post up shots. You guys have a habit of thinking that when someone tells the truth about a players game that they are attacking them. But they are not. Dwight is not a back to the basket guy yet he keeps forcing it on us. Dwight puts the pressure on himself. No one wants him to be hakeem but if hes going to take those shots he needs to make them and stop fumbling the ball and turn i ng it over.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey has joked about it in the past. Barkley reckons the Rockets promised him money or something like that.

12. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Simple fact, TNT knows drama.

TNT half time/post game shows have won emmy's because of the drama.

Chuck is a planted antagonist that creates controversial opinions (mostly moronic, sometimes gets lucky wih valid points) which in return creates challenging conversation from Kenny, Ernie and Shaq.

I haven't liked Chuck since we lost Horry and Cassell for his fat ass, but i am entertained by the show.

Yeah he doesn't like Houston, but when we start winning in the playoffs he will have no choice but to come around. Are all of you under 21? Does no one remember the fact that Chuck kissed a donkey's ass because he was wrong about and hating on Yao?

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Last night seemed like a new low for Barkley. In the beginning, he used to be funny and gave, what I considered, real former star player analysis. He has steadily regressed and has now reached old man who doesn't need evidence to form opinion status. His Rockets hate has bled over from former management to current players. Last night was really pathetic and should have turned off fans of any NBA team. TNT needs to address this because the toxicity starts hurting ratings.

Shaq has sucked from day one. C-Webb is so much better than Shaq or Barkley.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Not me brother. I remember it all.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah I remember that too. It seemed like he was joking about it. He mentioned something like he took a pay cut for Pippen to come to Houston, but he thought that meant Jordan coming too. That's why he said Carroll owes him $3mill.

Shaq and Barkley seem to just cater to the casual NBA fan. I doubt anyone on clutchfans takes them seriously as analyst. Its unfortunate that sometimes what they say is embedded as truth to casual NBA fans.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Maybe because of this... http://youtu.be/f7wyoytMpiE

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's also claimed the Rockets promised to give back that pay cut in his next contract.

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

God I was hoping a thread like this didn't pop up. We really shouldn't care guys. It's nothing new.

Yes it's fact that Shaq has this gripe with D12 about the Superman thing and that if he's gona wear the Man of Steel patch; then D12 needs to play like it. I honestly don't think Shaq is being vindictive anymore, just want to see what we all want to see and that is for Dwight to dominate sometimes...but I know there are different views on this.

Charles has a beef and it's obvious. He goes out of his way to trash the rockets. The josh smith thing was wack. ATL was trying to resign josh and he choose Detroit because they offered more money. He tried to paint it as ATL dumped him and got better, not taking into consideration the new players and new coach. Kenny alluded to the Pistons situation,but Chuck had his agenda....Detroit overpaid Josh and it was a bad move because they had monroe and drummond doing the same things all being in the starting lineup. If ATL would have sent Monroe away instead of Josh they probably would still be on the same winning streak. Charles has his beef, but who cares!

He also says every YEAR that the Spurs are too old and can't win, imagine how San Antonio fans feel when he keeps dogging them. It's entertainment....don't take it seriously

Overall...the show is funny

#58 sjackson0, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  19. rocket43

rocket43 Member

Barkley seems to get worse every year. If we win the championship he will probably say we just got lucky. Shaq might have a problem with Dwight but his points are valid. I agreed with everything he said about Dwight last night. He should have dominated the paint against the Knicks.

20. baubo

baubo Member

I didn't know there's actually something personal between Shaq and Dwight. I've always thought it was just Shaq trying to prop himself up like "Hey, in my day, I was dropping 30/20s. And Dwight's getting pushed around by nobodies." Which is true even if Shaq exaggerates.

As for Barkley, always thought that was kind of a weird thing between him and Les. Unfortunately that will never change and at this point, Barkley has been too public about it to really back down.