1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley said Les owes him money, that's between him and Les.

If Barkley says we aren't contenders and that's his opinion as an analyst. We don't know if Barkley/Les feud is the reason for that, but he's been right, we haven't won anything.

The only way we can prove Barkley wrong is to win.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think the show was way better before Shaq was added. Not only is he dull to listen to, but the chemistry with EJ, Kenny, and Chuck was great. I don't mind the occasional guest sitting in studio with them, but it needs to go back to being a trio.

1 person likes this.
  3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Since then:
    -They got Paul Millsap, who looks to be a great complement to Horford
    -They got Demarre Carroll, who is a good defender and decent shooter
    -They got Dennis Schroder. He is still young but looks to be a very good backup Pg
    -Jeff Teague has improved a ton.
    -They have found a perfect niche for Korver (although, granted, Smith was probably taking shots away from Korver the one year that they played together)

Not to mention that Al Horford also missed a lot of time during the 2012-2013 season with a shoulder injury.

The Hawks look a legitimately very good team this year. But there is no way that you can say that is because they "got rid of Josh Smith"

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought the perceived bias against the Rockets from you guys and your whining was unwarranted all these years, but if true, geez, that's telling. Brown seriously said that?

Crazy.

I'm with Barkley on Les not paying up on the Pippen deal but you cant hold a personal grudge like that in a professional setting.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

TNT is great. They don't take themselves too seriously. They are just clowning in around.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tad is a nice dude.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You are just another idiot like Barkley, you do even not get the point in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

This. Shaq was hard on Dwight, but he at least he had clips from the first half of the game to back up his criticisms, and frankly, I couldn't really disagree with him. The only thing they are forgetting is how Dwight beasted in the playoffs last year, so it's not like he's incapable of dominating. But they are right that Dwight will have to dominate for the Rockets to go all the way.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Are we supposed to take anything serious from some fat stripper loving ringless slob? Kenny doesnt have two rings if Cassel and Elie saved him in those years. As far as Shaq goes, Dream humbled his sorry ass in 1995. It sucks it's a popular cable show and millions watch it and take it serious but if you really know your stuff anything these guys is simply for the ratings and just garbage talk, nothing to take serious at all. Gonna be a lot more fun when we win this b***** in June :grin: :grin: :grin:

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Breaking,

Tad Brown confirmed a fat guy is fat.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

maybe you need reading comprehension

12. Nook

Nook Member

First, I don't know enough about Barkley and the Rockets financial situation. That was nearly 20 years ago. However I do know that in the past Les has honored financial agreements even when it wasn't required and/or was not in his best interest. I also know Les liked Chuck.... so something just doesn't make sense.

As far as "never taking the Rockets serious as contenders"... I wouldn't go that far, but the organization has not gone deep in the playoffs in nearly 20 years.... this current group has never won a playoff series and they have an odd mix on the court. I wouldn't go as far as Chuck, but I would say that teams like SA, CHI, OKC and GS are more likely to compete for a title than the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, Shaq was right last night. Smith was fine too.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not, you are becoming a joke.

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I don't think that Shaq has been as Hard on Dwight since his performance against Portland in the playoffs last year...Most of the stuff he has said this year have been constructive or could at least be backed up...He said that Dwight was a good/great player and that he wanted to see 30 pts out of him, nothing demeaning like Barkley...At least recently

16. tinman

Supporting Member

if you don't have anything to contribute to the barkley / rockets / tnt ,then contribute

but you obviously do have reading comprehension issues. like serious ones.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Charles Barkley last night said something like... " It's my opinion but it doesn't mean I am right".

This is his thought process ever since he was still a player. Knowledgable fans and experts takes his opinions with a grain of salt and I personally don't care too much about his thoughts.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not think the Shaq is hating Howard that much. He may dislike Howard, but overall, he is more professional, but just not good on TV.

19. loveofthegame44

In my opinion the game has changed so much since shaq left the game and when d12 was dominate on O. Drop step shoulder in chest of the defender equals offensive foul. Shaq had no turnaround jumper. Along with the defensive rule change in 2001 allowing zone defense. Different league now. But they are irrational and cant be reasoned with.

1 person likes this.
  20. rockpileindisma

I'd love to hear what bill Simmons said if you have it