1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown now Philly CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 12, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

My guy.....had a hand, he IS the hand. The rest are like fingernails in terms of blame.

clos4life, fckbandwagons and Nook like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

and this is what I mean. it seems the intense Tilman haters want people to hate him as much as they do. so the people who simply think Tilman is doing a bad job are Tilman lovers in comparison.

TheFreak likes this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yes. really. Y’all think because he took a job near his family on the same ream as another former rocket exec that it was entirely because did tilman? Quite a stretch. Seems more like y’all want to read into everything for the sake of drama and to feed your hate. But do what you gotta do. But one day he’s going to offer me a 7 figure job when I tell him I was the lone tilman defender on clutch fans. I am thinking about the long game here. You kids are short sighted. :p

HP3 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Fair enough lol. Its not really directed towards you. Look at how much people are talking about Harden on here. DD is pissed off at Harden and Morey lol.

Williamson likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD was also pissed off at CP3 and was glad Rockets got rid of him.. now he is all of sudden praising his accomplishments to dig at Harden and Morey.. smh.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is gonna be fireworks.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

exhibit A your honor…posts in the 1st page of this thread completely downplaying how Tilman destroyed the Rockets

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/giannis-injured-did-stone-lose-his-gamble.312049/#post-13602744

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I hope the next headline is: Former Rockets Star John Wall is now joining the 76ers

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I am waiting to see how the Tillman school of business spins this via Napalm.

clos4life likes this.
  10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No matter what level of bad this board decides to describe Tilman, he is not selling the Rockets in the foreseeable future. So why do we keep having this discussion?

I mean the choices are to just learn to deal with it begrudgingly, or give up being fans of the team.

11. tigereye

tigereye Member

Tillman has to pay for the entirety of 5 year contract extensions for both Tad Brown and Daryl Morey, even if they left.

Tillman got screwed while Brown and Morey are getting paid from the Rockets & 76ers. I don’t blame them either …if I had the opportunity to get paid double for the same job, I’d do it too.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I dislike Tilman, I find it very possible that Tad and Morey are simultaneously slimy weasels.

Very happy to have Rafael Stone.

jelanit and cheke64 like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Still my "favorite" thing about this nightmare.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ther-Fertitta-behind-the-Rockets-14058856.php

God, imagine how much it would suck to have to report to a 24 year old, and then on top of that talk about how great it is in a fluff piece by JF.

What a disaster of an owner.

mikol13, Richie_Rich, vator and 7 others like this.
  14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I tend to think that neither are very keen on trying to rebuild and having those ups and downs. They’ve been there, done that or at least tried to under Alexander (but was told no).

They are both established enough in the NBA with good enough reputations to walk into a contending situations.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Tad is a cool dude. He sat next to me at a Warriors game in Oakland. Talked with him all game, bought food / drinks for my group.

mikol13, Richie_Rich and BMoney like this.
  16. vince

vince Member

The Rockets blew up a team that decimated the league when healthy… Capela, Harden, and Paul when together were an insane winning percentage.

harden from what I hear had issues with CP3 and wanted him gone. The Rockets complied to Hardens demands. That was stupid. Especially when they mortgaged the future for a pyrite that is Westbrook’s..

Tillman bought the team and per Capitalism rules, he gets to leads the charge for the directions the Rockets proceed under his controlling interest.

The openness of the Morey regime was refreshing (Morey earned his badge as his own regime under Alexander and Tilman). But most owners and their basketball people are a lot more under the radar and keep stuff to their vests.

Yes, Tilman though full of confidence and ego, comes out more looking slimy than a hipster. But I do respect what he has done, and achieved. Hence why many folks don’t like his style and aura. But those who I’ve seen know him, like him a lot.

Got to hand it to Tilman, he rolled the dice and decided to suck this season and ended up with the number 2 pick in a very top heavyweights talent draft. Sucks we lose Harden, but Tilman stepped on toes and the whole regime evacuated including Harden.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nook likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey and Tad hated Tilman so much they went to another team to get paid twice.. interesting..

ChillyPete32 and sirjesse like this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Only a matter of time before Elton Brand gets axed with that weasel.