1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown Leaving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Apr 23, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is Gordon all that’s left?

HardenVolumeOne and HP3 like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Finally, now we only have people who want to be here. The culture change we have needed is finally here. Would not be surprised if we win out the rest of the season. It might be too late....

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Finally we can have Patrick take full control. I am exhilarated. Better than winning the NBA lottery.

HP3, juanm34 and YOLO like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

Cade will be fun for the first few years before he leaves for a better franchise in free agency.

Richie_Rich, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

I believe so

HP3 likes this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Just a matter of time until the Rockets are rebranded-

The Houston Ferntits

7. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Lmao, “Family time”. I give it a few weeks, maybe by summer’s end.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we keep getting put in the basement or sewer. The team and culture is dead

HP3 likes this.
  9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

MDA wanted an extension prior to the season but Tilman didn't want to pay him. He was going to get fired anyways after the way the season ended. That was more of a Costanza "I...am breaking up....with you" situation. For all functional purposes that was analogous to getting fired.

The GM thing also has a little asterisk. People want to poach good GMs sometimes but they are under contract so it almost never happens. Philly had sniffed around Morey a couple of years ago but didn't have permission to talk to him (and we were really good). Most of the time a good GM doesn't just get let out of his contract to go to a better situation, which oddly happened here.

But yeah, a team president in his 50's just leaving to do something else (maybe), I'm not sure. It might be rare. People don't really care as much about that role either, though, so I don't know if maybe it does happen sometimes and there's just no recall about it.

10. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Man Tilman found out Tad was still working for Les.

Tad hooked up Les with that loan. Tilman making Bobby Bonilla payments every month.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dolan takes over while the Knicks are still a contender

a few years later: Ewing traded, JVG quits, Sprewell traded, and the Knicks embark on a 2 decade journey of fckery and futility

Knicks went from the finals in Dolan’s 1st year as owner to winning 30 games 3 years later

compare that to what has happened to the Rockets since Tilman took over...the similarities aside from cheapness are scary

12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

and anyone who believes that, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn i’d like to sell you. BTW: Darly Morey agrees that it’s important to spend time with your family.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Fully rebuild to save money.

Stone can be both CEO and GM.

15. CertifiedTroll

Huge Tilman fan. Knows what he wants, and sticks to his guns. In Tilman we trust!

Milk Haiir, Jontro and HP3 like this.
  16. juanming

juanming Member

Well guys confession time I am in fact a friend of Patrick's

Hahahaha it's our franchise now what are you going to do about it??

Not only am I a friend of Patrick's in the tilmans ......Trump 2024 baby!!!!!

Okay I made all that up I'm wasted lol to much beer ..but I thought it was funny

But yeah now I'm getting worried bout this franchise... I mean even if we win the number one pick do you really trust tillman to manage it correctly with role players and coaching ?

God I'm wasted... You the team is in really bad shape when they keep losing but you can't tell if it's a bad coach or bad players... And u can't even get a high end coach or players cuz the owner is treating the franchise has a flea market

Crap now I'm starting to believe for the first time we might be the Knicks of the south

Man

HP3 likes this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

At least we have cap space... and our GM has made a couple of good moves. Not sure any relevant superstar would wanna come here... but I’m optimistic with Silas. Tanking is a 3-4 year process. Hopefully 2.

HP3 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets do not have cap space. no idea what made some of you think so

luckyman76, BallSoHarden and HP3 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Cmon man, what are you trying to do is bring a water pistol to a forest fire.

Nook likes this.
  20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The only one I wanted gone was Bill Worrell and his ass is still there.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.