1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown Leaving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Apr 23, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

And it will continue to get worse before it gets any better. Absolutely hilarious at the delusional casuals that try to make themselves think the rockets will turn things around in the blink of an eye.

topfive and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

We may never know what pissed off Harden, but we all have to acknowledge that Harden was coddled in Houston. Fertitta offered him $50 mil per year. They could've traded him in the off season when he asked, but they decided to try a hail Mary (the right move) and see if they could convince him to stay (didn't work obviously, in part because Harden never was successful at recruiting star talent to Houston).

Even with the desperate heave of trying to get Harden to stay the team pivoted and did about as good as one could hope in the situation -- though a bit unintentional (Oladipo vs. LaVert).

This is/was a throwaway year. All can be better if they get a top pick. Jury is still out on Stone, but trending towards optimism.

Let's see how things play out over the next two years. I don't expect them to compete for the playoffs next season, but if they manage to do that then that's a good sign.

Corrosion, kjayp and TMac'n like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What the hell did he do anyways? All I saw him do was skits with Clutch Bear during commercial breaks.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Surprised it’s not me

Amel likes this.
  5. PWR

PWR Member

[​IMG]

He told you not to judge until 2030...(cough) 2040.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is year 3 of how things play out and still at this ridiculous lets see how things play out over the next two years. that got old a long time ago. I guess you're going to be saying that year after year. Have fun with that

DonKnock likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just curious, because I really dont know. Outside of maybe retirement situations....

How often to presidents quit, rather than get fired.

How often to coaches quit, rather than get fired?

How often do GMs quit, rather than get fired?

8. thekad

thekad Member

I doubt in the history of sports has the president, GM, coach and franchise player all left at the same time. Even the Clippers kept going for Sterling until he was ousted.

Unprecedented incompetence.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, the clowns on Clutchfans. They know who they are.

Richie_Rich, MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman did not want to pay for a winner...we lost in game 7 of the WCF in 2018, but still could’ve won a title in 2019 if not for all the penny pinching

shows how bad things got if Harden who was all about H-Town decided that he needed to get out of here by any means necessary, and didn’t even think twice about turning down a 50 mil/yr extension

MDA, Morey, and Harden all left on bad terms...now Tad is out too

I have no confidence in Tilman, he has given zero reason for anyone to

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The people that left was his heart. One way or another change had to take place. Wasn't winning it all with Harden, Dantoni and Morey. Not winning now. All these scenarios aren't championship ones. This organization has to really think championship first and they haven't been that since CP3 was here.

saleem and Ramo$e like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

The MVP is still here. Life long contract

[​IMG]

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We got Bill & Bull, Keith Jones, John Lucas, and that's about it.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

i think this is related to the strip club incident with Streling Brown. Tad Brown was Harden's alleged father figure and he wasnt ****.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

mikeiah, UTSA2step, sirjesse and 2 others like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

the delusion is starting to be too much

people talk like it’s normal to go from a team that wins just 4 times in a 38 game stretch to competing for playoffs the very next year or any time soon

People big-upping a KPJr, Wood, Tate, KJ, and Brooks core like they’re not currently out there getting smashed every night. Adding a rookie to that is gonna immediately catapult us to being good? Yeah, maybe if Cade is Doncic caliber from the jump and can hard carry scrubs.

17. MettaWorldPete

god damn thats brutal

FrontRunner and HP3 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

A challenging fall, as in "fall from near the top all the way to the very bottom."

#58 topfive, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    luckyman76 and HP3 like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m so disgusted with my professional Houston basketball team right now as far as upper management goes

Cstyle42 and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. We'll have to have incredible fortune to even sniff the playoffs in the next few years.

HP3 and Reeko like this.