1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Will or T-Won't?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, Dec 13, 2011.

?

This year, I expect T-Will to...

1. Break into the starting lineup

97 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Be a productive contributor off the bench

74 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Get in a few highlight dunks here and there

35 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Reside in the doghouse all year

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Get released or shipped out of here

23 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

He's been a total disappointment so far in his career but Terrence Williams seems to have shown some signs of life in camp so far. We've seen him win the suicide sprints, win the 3-pt shootout contest, demonstrate a cheerful demeanor with his teammates, and he's been singled out for his defensive potential by coach McHale. So what do we think he'll do this year? Will his head get in the way or will he show some consistent effort and make an impact?

4 people like this.
  2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

T-Tweet

2 people like this.
  3. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

When T will had consistent minutes in NJ he produced. All T Will needs is minutes, the real question is will Mchale give him enough pt

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

How can you say T-Will has been a total disappointment? How many minutes per game did he receive from Adelman? Check out his stats when he was given playing time back with the Nets. The kid is talented. Just needs discipline and coach's trust. He's the most athletic player on our team plus it looks like he can shoot now.

5. Raven

Raven Member

He doesn't have too many chances left, but there aren't enough minutes to go around. Something has to give.

6. GBRocket

What has he done in his career to warrant not being called a disappointment? There is a reason the Nets gave up on a #11 pick after less than 2 years. There is also a reason Adelman wouldn't play him.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

reppd for clever thread title. :)

8. GBRocket

I believe minutes are earned, not given out. Can he earn them is the question.

9. GBRocket

Thanks, yeah I was proud of that.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm wondering how will McHale use him. As a 1, 2, or 3?

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

of course he can, if he didn't worry about tweeting and started worrying about playing basketball as a career! He obviously has a lot of talent but his head is in other places

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yeah. The reason was Kevin Martin.

13. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

T-Will, didn't ya'll see him light up the 3pt contest?

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nothing like 40% shooting with 2 turnovers. The guy has shown he can rebound, and he has good assist numbers for a SF, but he has to show improvement in his shooting, ability to play within the offense, and play hard on D.

I'm all for giving him a shot as the starting SF, and letting him sink or swim.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Winning individual drills doesn't impress me, looking good playing 1-on-1 after practice doesn't impress me.

Terrance Williams needs to demonstrate, on the court, that he can play winning professional basketball.

So far he's been a killer streetballer that lacks the discipline, attitude, work ethic, and understanding of the game you have to have to play offensive and defensive sets.

He's got plenty of talent, and I don't root for Rockets to fail, but he's got a ways to go if he wants to be in the rotation (top 8).

Lowry
    Martin-Lee
    Bud-Morris

He's got to wow at the point (edge out Flynn and Dragon) or outplay Chase/Morris at the 3 (or hope that Marcus doesn't transition as a 3).

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If he can get his head out of his ass, then he could have a big season. It's now or never for T-will.

17. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Has anyone else seen his reality show that he filmed over the summer and during the lockout? The guy looks motivated, hungry for a chance, practicing his butt off and showing signs of maturing. I like the guy and I hope he finds his way into the starting lineup. Of all the players on our current roster, he has the most potential to be a super star. I don't care about what he tweets or says, as long as the guy produces from here on out, I'm happy.

18. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Has anyone else seen his reality show that he filmed over the summer and during the lockout? Its on youtube. The guy looks motivated, hungry for a chance, practicing his butt off and showing signs of maturing. I like the guy and I hope he finds his way into the starting lineup. Of all the players on our current roster, he has the most potential to be a super star. I don't care about what he tweets or says, as long as the guy produces from here on out, I'm happy.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He'll be a starter by the end of February.

20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

All of the above