1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-mac's struggles of late only demonstrate his value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ok, he had a MINOR surgery. But man, every body is different, other guys handle it different.

We all know Tracy's biggest problem is his head. He just feels like he doesn't need to do that much in the regular season.

But just stop bringing back that same example...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No because it is relevent and shows how other players with the same situation come back and come back strong.

While our main man, panzies out.

DD

3. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

DaDakota is 100% right.

T-Mac lovers are 100% wrong.

I am 100% sick of the blind support T-Mac lovers are giving to this 20 million dollar waste of a human being.

Just trade his ass, and sign Artest to a long term contract.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. Thanks for the brilliant and nuanced argument. As we all know, DD has never been wrong. :rolleyes:

Why is everyone a "lover" or a "hater." Can't we just be fans?

5. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

and what about D-Wade's comments on what Mac is going through?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

what did he say?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dwade said it took him more than a year and a half to regain his athleticism (and we know wade's athleticism is still there b/c he's younger) and game back. he said he never felt like himself until this olympics.

wade also said he understood tracy's struggle coming back (whether he should sit to fully heal--like wade decided midway last yr) or keep playing b/c you know your team has potential.

wade sympathized with tracy. sure tracy is no kobe, but nobody's road to recovery is the same.

8. mbiker

mbiker Member

Rick Adelman has been a coach for a lot of years, and he rarely calls out a player. When Rick tells the media that he does not understand why Tracy is not playing, and mentions that “Tracy needs to push through it,” it tells me that he believes that Tracy is not giving 100%.

Why would you keep defending a guy who does not give you 100%? My guess is that you don’t go to too many games. If you did, you would not be happy with shelling out money for someone that is not giving his best effort.

Even before the injury Tracy had an issue with effort. He would not play the type of defense that he is capable of. JVG mentioned many times that Tracy has the ability to be one of the better defenders in the league. Unfortunately, we will never see that because he is not capable of giving 100% effort every night. Tracy has also been lazy as an offensive player too. He does not like to move without the ball. It takes effort to move without the ball, something that the motion offense requires. Tracy went to from barley moving to just standing.

Rocket fans have a right to throw him under the bus. In fact, everyone who does not give effort can be thrown under the bus. When you go back in time and look at the heart and effort that the 1993-94 and 1994-95 Houston Rockets players had, and then look at Tracy, it’s sickening.

Please take him off of the pedestal. He has not accomplished anything to deserve the constant excuses that you keep making for him.

9. sab504

sab504 Member

Tmac = A natural born loser. I dont understand those people who are still backing him up. Take off the blindfolds and open up your eyes. Go look up tmac and you will see half ass in the definition.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well actually Wade's situation was much more tougher. We all know Tracy likes to make something out of nothing. Wade's injuries were real SERIOUS.

And what's more Heat were really struggling and nobody expected nothing from them.

As for the Rockets, this is supposed to be 'the time'

You really cannot compare those two situations. If Tracy plays on that, he fels like he can do well enough and still get better on the court. He just has to damn pay ANY attention to the game or really, SIT

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i don't think anyone is really a t-mac lover. the only people who defend t-mac are the people who think hes still better than kobe. out of rockets fans, probably only 15% genuinely like t-mac.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

nobody says Tracy is better than Kobe..

13. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Those 15% that "genuinely love" T-Mac have something seriously wrong with their heads, just like their Lover. What is there to love about a 20million dollar a year waste? Gawd, I feel so sorry for the other Houston Rockets players.

T-Mac is like a cancer in the locker room. No wonder the team has low morale.
    T-Whack fans are Whacked in the head.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Didn't Kobe get his knee scoped 2 years ago? If I remember correctly it wasn't major but neither was McGrady's surgery.

15. jsd59

jsd59 Member

i know i dont post alot on this board but i read alot of yall post..and i think this is not a rockets fans board.all the fans complain about is just one player they have no complaints about the rest of the team..yao with all his turnovers letting a 140lb player slam him to the floor.he,s 340lb dominate those inferior players..rafer with his no shooting...luther head with his 1 good game in 3 months....battier is not playing the befense yall are saying he is playing...scola with all his turnovers.....yet the rockets problem is 1 mans fault....this is a team game.u win as a team u lose as a team...they all have been stinking up the court...imm getting tired of reading about macgrady i think imm goin to have to find a board that have real rockets fans not just tunnel vision on 1 player..we need to get behind them not betray them.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Calm down. Maybe some people are willing to give T-Mac the benefit of the doubt because this team is going nowhere without him and the team was mired in years of mediocrity before he got here.

17. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Does anyone know if T-Mac has been to see a sports pscyhologist. If not, have the Rockets management asked or suggested he see one this season?

18. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I really think tmac likes to be the savior of a team.he does better when he is In a crappy team and he is the center of attention.

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Contrary to popular belief, no one knows the real reason for his struggles. Could be his knee, could be his loss of passion for the game, could be an affair, could be a combination of a number of things...who in the hell actually knows? Its all speculation. We're all frustrated in his play. Very much so. I wouldn't say I "genuinely love" T-Mac, but I'd like to see this team win a championship this season. Without T-Mac, this team is not going to win a damned thing. He is far too valuable. Without him, we really don't have a solid playmaker. You think its a coincidence our offense is struggling so mightily while he struggles?

Sure we could trade him, but unless we get a superstar in return, we kiss any championship hopes goodbye. Other teams are seeing the same T-Mac we see, so that ain't happening. Trading T-Mac is throwing up the white flag and we can begin rebuilding.

Its either get behind (or love as you affectionately call it) T-Mac as he gets his game back together, or give up on this season. I still believe we can compete for a championship. That's what real fans do. If you don't think so, fine, please find something else to do with your time than make comments about T-Mac fans you know absolutely nothing about.

20. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

Kobe is a huge exception. The man is not human. He is a quick healer. I've been a Laker fan more than a decade and trust me I've never seen people come back faster from injuries/surgeries like he has. He takes the necessary precautions as well and I'm not too sure of that for Mac