1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC's Knees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by watashi315, Nov 3, 2005.

1. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Although T-Mac had a great first game of the brand new season, he did look like he was in some pain throughout the game. So the question is, how long do you think he can last before his knees gives out? Honestly, I'm a little concerned with the vigorous 82-games season + post-season action and what they can do to his poor knees. To go all the way, we need a healthy T-MAC. Knee problems recently sent Alan Houston to retirement, I sure don't want to the same to happen to our star player. Anyone else concerned about this?

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I doubt his knees give out. It's probably just going to take some time for the pain to clear up.

3. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

According to the Houston Chronicle, Tmac's tendinitis problem is gone, but then he banged knees with Mutombo during pratice on Tuesday, that's why he looks not 100% during the game yesterday. But I'm still worry about his knee, especially with his added weight this off season.

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I'm worried about a nuclear war, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

The man says his tendinits is gone, he had an unrelated accidental deep knee bruise. Frankly, I don't know any player that Mutombo hasn't injured. Mac will be fine

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Given the comments from him, it sounds as if he has a nasty bruise on his knee. If you've ever had a knee bruise, it hurts like hell and you can imagine it doens't make it real easy to jump.

As long as he doesn't aggrivate it over the next week by running it into someone else, it will likely heal up and he'll be better in a couple weeks.

Knowing that the tendonitis has subsided is good.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That was the best bit from the Chronicle, his bruise should be in much better shape by Sat. nite

7. wgray

wgray Member

god i hope so! it was hard to see him last night. i have had had a knee bruise and it is not fun at all.

8. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Why the hell isn't Deke wearing elbow and knee pads during team practices? I mean just have him go out there with a knife to practice why don't ya? :p

9. noize

noize Contributing Member

Sometimes I question T-Mac free-weight training habits. So he gains some 20+ pounds, but from what part of his body? I'm sure you all notice, but he has some skinny ass legs! Other people of his heights have thicker legs then him, thats probally whats causing his tendinitis and hip problems...having a lot more upper body mass compared to his legs. He needs to concentrate on his leg sometimes and get bigger/stronger down there so it could hold the extra weight he put on top. I think there's a certain ratio of upper to lower body mass to maintain a balance so not to cause chronic body pain. Thats interesting...T-MAC, thick upper body but has thin legs. Yao has a thin upper body but a very thick legs.

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'm just glad a has a few days to rest it.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

CD did a good job with the limited resources at his disposal but I wish we could have traded for James Jones from the Pacers as a backup SF. I hope T-Mac will get healthy soon.Tendonitis unfortunately can become a reoccuring problem.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it is big news that TMac was hurt by Deke in practice, but I kind of miss the days when Carl HErrera and Vernon Maxwell would get into a fight at least once during the pre-season.

The thing that really made that special for me was that once supposedly the staff asked Carl to provke it so that Maxwell wouldn't make the pre-season trip to Mexico, because they were worried about his ability to stay out of trouble. Then also there was the time when Maxwell got hurt in a game, and Herrera came out and picked up in a very protective way and literally carried him in his arms off the floor.

This was just an accident, and it seems painful for TMac, until I hear differently or see that Tracy isn't playing that well, I won't be too concerned.

13. JamesC

JamesC Member

It seemed like once he warmed up he was moving a lot better. I think when you sit down and rest it is when it gets a little tender. Hopefully TMac can get back to 100 percent soon.