1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac - What could've been

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Jun 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why the hate for Kerr? What did he say that was wrong?

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i will just take the 5th. dont want to start more debate.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

why in the world would one start or continue talking about mcgrady when the Finals are on or the World Cup around the corner anyway?

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

- JVG has coached teams to the playoffs MULTIPLE times, including a grueling series against the ROCKETS in the finals.
    - Doc Rivers is a championship coach and definitely has coached teams to the playoffs.
    - Rick Adelman has gotten to the playoffs MULTIPLE times as well, including the finals

Those are three great stories with huge success rates and you are telling me that only Doc was decent? GTFO with that weak crap man.

T-Mac HAD great teammates and a chance to play with great teammates that he chased away in his greed for more fame and money. He left Toronto and VC to get a max deal in Orlando. Unfortunately Grant Hill was always injured. He left AGAIN after leading his team to the number 1 pick and lost out on playing with Dwight Howard. He could not capitalize in his time with the Rockets either and then Yao got hurt.

By the way, how many great players do you know gets booed by EVERY TEAM he was supposed to lead, much less get past even a SINGLE ROUND of playoffs?

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Beb poop bep pop, ba blam

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

WRT coaching: What matters to ME is victories in the finals NOT appearances.

Your player movement for mac - good points and quite unfortunate. But good points.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Doc Rivers won 4 games in the finals

[​IMG]

when you talk about the Finals you need to talk about people who actually can lead the team there.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You are STILL going on with this? Both coaches have won games in the finals, more so than the vast majority of coaches in the league AND NBA history. Compared to the vast, vast majority of players, T-Mac has been BLESSED as far as coaching is concerned.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I didn't think I had to spoon feed you. When I said victories in the finals I mean NBA finals series victories(championships), not just individual games won in a series that you LOST.

You quoted me, I responded. Sue me:rolleyes:

#169 Tfor3, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Exactly. I already gave props to doc.

The other 2 coaches are not spectacular by any means. Not trash, just not spectacular imo.

#170 Tfor3, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

When Jvg had sprewell and Larry Johnson the Knicks made the finals
    When Rick had drexler they made the finals

When any coach had tmac starting, they couldn't win a playoff series.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I thought that's what you might have meant, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt since I thought there was no way you would be this stupid. So, in your warped mind, the only coach that is good is the one that wins a ring? What kind of stupidity is that? I am not going to go further because it is a waste of my time and breath, but a coach can only go as far as his weapons given takes him and with T-Mac as a weapon, you are already instantly behind the 8 ball.

13. alcatrazpsycho

If only Yao Ming could have secured a ****ing defensive rebound in game 7 vs. the Jazz... =/

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So that is how you win an argument? Just start calling people stupid? Mmmmkay. Regarding your coach comments: In most pro sports there are 2 kinds of coaches- those who have been fired and those who will be fired. In most cases the firing is due to not winning c'ships ultimately. If they win rings most are not fired unless there is conflict with owners or Gms. It appears that you are saying that if a coach is unsuccessful it is always due to lack of player talent? Now I'm done with you too- that is ridiculous. If someone shares a different opinion than you, they are stupid? Ok, got it.