1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac - What could've been

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Jun 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady quit on the team when his body could no longer hold up. He is more of a true Rocket and a consummate professional compared to someone who quit on the team at age 24.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you are such a Non-Factor, your comments doesn't even matter any longer.....NBA2K! Nintendo!

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'll be ttinyman.
    Ahahaha you mean like how mcgrady was a non factor?
    Tinman has never played a sport in his life, I wonder if he would hate jordan more then tmac had Jordan not retired...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McGrady fans use the word if so much.
    on game of thrones they would be that Hodor dude except they would say if if if !

Jordan and McGrady don't belong in the same category of anything .

That's what Kerr is saying.

He said I saw tmac and that dude no bird or Michael .

I'll make easy tmac fans and translate, Kerr said McGrady is a pretender and not a contender.

Michael and Bird are the Beatles and McGrady is the monkees

Now all you day dream believers take that last train to Clarksville !

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how can anyone say t-mac quit on the rockets? t-mac played with a broken back and a one knee and still put up some sick numbers.

imagine if james harden had as much heart as t-mac. :eek:

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Did McGrady ever look disinterested in the playoffs the same way James Harden did this year? They won 50 games 3/4 of those seasons SOLELY based on McGrady's tremendous play, that cannot be argued; the supporting casts were so thin that I don't think they ever had a 6th man that scored double digits average-wise.

The point you mae about having won 50+ games four different seasons while he was a Rocket is a little out of context, lets examine why:
    His first season as a Rocket, they made the 5th seed and lost their starting PF and 4th leading scorer... their starting PF that series was Ryan Bowen and featured a supporting cast with Mike James as their 6th man. Despite the series being openly rigged by Donaughy, they still took it to 7.

His 3rd season as a Rocket was another one of those 50 win seasons. In the playoffs, McGrady had one of his best series as an NBA player, but had literally NO support from anywhere, Yao was overmatched by the outside skills of Boozer and Okur, Luther freakin Head was your feature man off the bench, and the Jazz seemed to have every bounce go their way in game 7.

His 4th season as a Rocket was the 22 game win streak, not much to say here... Yao went down 11 games into the streak, McGrady finished the season obviously injured and playing through pain to give his team a playoff shot, and they were just overmatched by the Jazz's talent and experience.

That last season as a Rocket with Artest and company was the only season you could criticize him for, he handled that situation poorly, but still... the guy was injured and had microfracture surgery that never lended him to be his old self again. I'm not a McGrady fan, but how can you blame the Rockets 2000-2010 playoff woes on him? Hes one of the only reasons they were relevant in the decade.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac is so sick.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks Daryl morey !

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

he took boston to the championship [not 1st round] with Antoine Walker as his second best player. . . . .

Antoine Walker. . . think of that . . . .

ANTOINE FRICKING WALKER . . . .

[​IMG]
    In case you don't remember him

Rocket River
    YAO > Walker

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Man you guys are bickering like children.

Tracy had talent. Undeniable. He had "good" to "very good" teams here in Houston. I can't speak to McGrady in Orlando as I didn't follow him. You don't win 50+ games and make the playoffs in the West without being good. That's the thing though. You have to be great, the matchup has to be right, and you have to be peaking at the right time to win it all.

See this year's Rockets team. They peaked too early.

"If" is the correct term to be used with McGrady's name, because that all you can say. He didn't accomplish what people think he could have. The fact that it is ALWAYS a conversation piece just goes to say that most people agree he SHOULD have accomplished more. The reason of why he didn't is the point of debate.

To me, it was about needing more on his team to win with. It's really hard to argue that point. Look at the rosters and opposing rosters. How many players has Tracy played with that end up not getting little to no playing time anywhere else. It's easy to ignore it and call everyone a TOF.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

He did? When? I don't recall. I tried to look it up, and couldn't find it. I saw he went to the conf finals if that's what you meant.

12. i3artow i3aller

I'm from i3oston, and that NEVER happened.
    This thread has turned into a complete waste of space where people are just outright lying to prove their weak little points.
    [​IMG]

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You beat me to it!!! Rockyroad and Blankman will do any thing to get their points across BUT we all know what happen while T-Mac was in a Rockets uniform.....NO HELP!!

14. tinman

Supporting Member

We know he never led the rockets to one playoff series victory. While other stars with great leadership., durability and heart won titles

We know that nobody has worn number 11 since yao and we know Isaiah Canaan wears #1

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lmao river should stick to writing his name after every word instead of talking bball. Really pierce went to the championship? And he's in the East for crying out loud. Here comes the "mcgrady was in orlando"

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Blankman! Haven't I told you that you were a Non-Factor. Why are you still posting? :rolleyes:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

mcgrady in:
    toronto
    orlando
    new york

same results

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What's funny is nobody says what ifs anymore. ..All we say is he is the best talent with the worst luck.
    All you need to know is he stepped up like he was supposed to in the playoffs and had no ssupporting cast. I'm not going to write an essay saying who was and wasn't on the team.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

It's not luck when you make your own decisions on your future.

it's not luck if you entire career you don't succeed in the playoffs.

Tracy McGrady fans think if you fail the SAT, you can get into Harvard Grad School because you had bad luck.
    Dear Harvard, my classmates suck, even though they've all ended up in Ivy league schools.
    It was bad luck.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Wait? I thought he had crappy teammates !

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...s-wish-had-stayed-toronto-181501027--nba.html

Tracy McGrady has regrets: ‘I wish I had stayed in Toronto’
    In hindsight, looking back, obviously I wish I had stayed in Toronto,” McGrady was saying in a recent telephone interview from his home in the Houston area. “There’s no doubt we could have contended for a championship. I think about that often. But if ‘if’ was a fifth, you know?”