1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac - What could've been

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Jun 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So the best they could come up with was his "Look".

Come on.

Look... I get what Isiah was saying about having that mentor, but the fact is (Grant Hill sort of hinted at it).. Orlando wasn't very good outside of him. Houston, had a bust with its role players the first few years. Rudy T. had to leave coaching, and JVG made a mistake coaching to a defensive system instead of coaching to McGrady's system. Adelman never really got a healthy Yao & T-Mac. etc. etc.

Much of Jordan & Bird's success had to do with seizing the opportunity that was put in front of them. Did T-Mac have the same opportunities they had??... maybe some opportunities, but not nearly on the same level.

T-Mac deserves some criticism for the way he left Houston, not making it work along with Vince in Toronto(that team should never have separated), & throwing teammates under the bus, but Its pretty obvious to me that these guys, and fans especially are really stretching to find something here that explains it when in basketball and sports sometimes there is no explanation.... Sometimes S$%# just happens in sports. It never happened for T-Mac.

2. FearTheBeardJH

Kerr is an idiot. If Tmac played for the Bulls under Phil Jackson during 90's instead of Jordan, Bulls would win 8 straight. His superior passing and shooting ability would make them a better team in triangle offense.

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

:eek:

I wouldn't go that far.

4. 34to11

34to11 Member

Excellent!!!!

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This would mean something if there were other players with comparable levels of talent and ability that accomplished as little as T-Mac. As far as I can recall, there has never, ever been a player with comparable talent and ability that as accomplished as little as T-Mac. The guy was a perennial loser and diva and deserves all the hate he gets as far as I am concerned.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

TMac was a great player, and the only player that causes Tinman to flip-flop on his usual crusade of defending Rockets players against external criticism. Unfortunately, 'what-could-have-been' will always be the story of his career. Sucks for the guy. But it's over.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

Tinman...

Carl Herrera...

Rox11...

[​IMG]
    :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahha!!!

9. deshen

deshen Member

wth, there is still any one paying attention to that loser?

10. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far, though I do think if you swapped in T-Mac for Pippen, those Bulls would've been a much scarier team and won more. People would probably be debating has Kobe/LBJ surpassed T-Mac, and MJ would be untouchable.

11. Shakee

Shakee Member

/thread

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think if him and Yao stayed healthy they would have won 3 championships from 06-2007 season through 2009. Have a problem? Come at me bro.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The rockets can never get it right, half from coaching and half bad luck. Jvg was the wrong coach for those two. Once we got the right man everyone started deteriorating. Now we are supposedly contenders but also have the worst coach.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some people here never really watched the rockets in the tmac era.
    We lost two seven game series with a healthy tmac and Yao Ming . Our weaknesses were obviously exposed.

The only series we won, we won with a system coach , not a coach who depended too much on two superstars.

Lol, the look is basically leadership. Grant hill even mentioned that.

When you start plugging and playing tmac, who was never durable into teams that relied on durable players then you don't understand sports at all.

I'm glad tmac got a segment and I'm glad the tofs got to freak out on Steve Kerr .
    Hahaha

15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

IMO tmac was as good a perimeter scorer this game has ever seen. as his youth/athleticism dipped - he still carried the rockets offensively and was a league leader in scoring.

interesting commentary from isiah about tmacs growth as a young player.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Don't tell me whom to hate or not. F Kerr, this punk b**** spot up shooter. F him. If Mac had shaq and zen master, Kerr would be polishing macs knob with praise. I don't give a shiit if Kerr played with Larry bird or magic or dr j or anyone else. I can't wait to beat their f'n azzes. (Gsw)

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow u owned tin boy

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not telling you who to hate. You are just proving my point.

TOFs are still the bottom of jealous delusional food chain of OFs .

When you hear the truth, you guys just start busting out 'what ifs' like they were poop in a dog park

Oh Kerr! Oh Tracy I'll protect you from Kerr's hateful words! Ohhhhhh

Oohhh , Tmac, what if what if what if what if what if!!!

19. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

This sort of comment is entirely unnecessarily, and its basically why your T-mac related posts are so unreadable.

Leadership, competitiveness, accountability etc the elements for which Tmac is often criticised are all highly constructed concepts. Futhermore, they are all intrinsically tied to context, It is impossible to know if we still laud Kobe's 'competitiveness' if Shaq never came and the lakers flounded in the lottery. Granted, people like Kerr have far more experience and acumen when it comes to commenting on such things, and to that extent I am inclined to accept what they say. However, the rhetoric that T-Mac was a 'quitter' is just that, words and conjecture. When I look at T-Mac, I see a player who was great before his injuries, and had he stayed healthy, would have had a large opportunity to change the way we perceive him now.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Tracy McGrady fans use this word like rain in a monsoon, the word is "IF"

He was healthy, in Orlando, Toronto, and Houston (early career).

But people like to make excuses for Tracy because they believe he deserves credit that he never earned.

You don't get it, I'm not trying to change the minds of McGrady fans, you need some strong prescription drugs for that.

I'm just telling them what they hate, the truth.

Kerr, that guy played with Tim Duncan and Michael Jordan. He can tell a difference between a MVP and a former scoring champ.

When Tracy fans heard that, it was like chihuahuas barking cause they need to be walked