1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[T-Mac] So, now that it's over... Appreciation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IROC it, Dec 4, 2009.

1. RocketMania1991

Not Mcgrady fault.

If he had Shaq he would have 4+ rings.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not McGrady's fault.

If the league hadn't blackballed him because he was too good...

4 rings

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Sorry, "I told you so" is the life blood of the internet, sure. I still thought thread tone was as much douchy as it was prophetic. But the OP guessed correctly, for that credit I guess is given.

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I've been wondering, who was the idiot behind Tracy being the highest paid player in the NBA, getting paid almost 10 f*****g million more a year than LeBron James? S**t is ridiculously stupid.

And before anyone gets smartassed, yes, I'm aware Tracy wasnt injured at the time.

5. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

My favorite moment was when Rick and Morey told Tracy he won't get anymore time and to take his butt back to Chicago to rehab. And the Tracy era is finally over! :grin:

6. Chronz

Chronz Member

So what are you confused about?

7. Uprising

Uprising Member

I really miss that '04-'5? team. Sura...Barry, TMAC and Yao at their best. :(

Been down hill ever since then....Yao and TMAC are both made out of glass.....

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That series against Dallas Is what ill always remember! Thats Vintage T-Mac right there!! Too bad we got screwed over by the refs in that series!

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I'm not confused, i wanna knoq the name of the guy who agreed to the $23 million figure.

11. IROC it

IROC it Member

Me too. I was at game 5 in Dallas.

Back then we had hope... until game 7. :mad:

12. Chronz

Chronz Member

I think it was Devos or something like that. Its a shame injuries made that deal so lopsided but it is what it is, could they have known Tmac wouldnt be able to dribble low anymore and that his agility would have suffered? Probably but you never knew when it would strike

13. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Yes, I also like this VanGundy team...
    The stupid rule make us face Dallas at first round... :(

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

bye man, ill miss ya.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Not only was McGrady not injured and playing like a megastar (the McGrady who signed that contract is worth just about every penny that the contract is paying this year), but the comparison to Lebron is irrelevant. Lebron is making the most the league will allow him, and McGrady is doing the same. If Lebron had as many years in the league as McGrady, he would be making 23M also.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

We shoulda/coulda/woulda beaten Dallas, anyways. Terrible, TERRIBLE officiating and having to start Ryan Bowen (instead of Juwan Howard, who still had game back then) really hurt us. That team was awesome, but hell, so were all the teams we had in the last five years... we just never had them healthy enough at the right time. I think we could have won a couple titles by now if not for all this injury drama.

17. towW

towW Member

Closure for Tmac fans.

Please bear with me I have bad writing skills and am not trying to be a writer... Just my thoughts on the situation. Many of you have already stated these facts I am just reiterating them. If you choose to post Did not read! with the dancing guy that is fine with me.

It took me a while to grasp why people still argue for Tmac. I myself have argued for him. Why? I think the reason is simply because he was that good. Every so often I can imagine tmac finishing a play the Rockets run without a drop of sweat. Let's get this straight I am neither a tmac lover or hater. At one point was I a fan of Tracy's, yes. I am just a fan of the game.

He is a superstar who has a 23 million dollar contract.
    Why is he not playing?
    for those very reasons read on...

Yes, if he could play to his abilities his value would be higher read on.

Bear with me this might be blunt for the rest of the Tmac lovers...

We have to remember he is not and never will be as good as he was. The Rockets need that playmaker they can trust. Key word Trust. He is no longer reliable, he has been injured the majority of his stay as a Rocket.

Because overall playing Tracy will have a negative effect.
    Reasons being...(a combination of the following).

1. Adelman, does not believe he can play to those abilities therefore he will not get playing time from Adelman.

2. Rocket's organization does not believe he deserves to play due to the amount of injuries he has racked up compared to the amount of money he has been taking out of their pockets. Les has stated he needs to part ways with him and this could have been a way to really get him out of his hair by cutting this year short for McGrady.

3. He could possibly end up saving this year for the Rockets if he came back (or he could do the opposite). This year is dedicated to the development of team. Adelman has stated he does not want tmac to be in and out of the lineup.
    This year is a throwaway year for the Rockets aren't really trying to save this year why would they? If we aren't going after a championship the Rockets team have done their part we gained respect without a superstar(furthering our chances at landing a free agent through sign and trade).

Why is Battier playing so much then?
    Because Battier plays to win...
    I think people have it confused:
    He plays to win. He does not win games(Kobes/Lebrons/Yaos win games).
    (also adding to our free agent campaign, Yes, when you come to houston you do not have to focus your attention on defense we have 2 defensive stoppers that will do all of the dirty work for you).

18. RocketMania1991

This might of been fitting 6 months ago.

19. homeboy1

homeboy1 Member

Thank you, now I can move on. Before your richly insightful post I was about to slash my wrists over losing our beloved T-Mac. Your adorable non-writer post convinced me that getting rid of T-Mac is the way to go. I now have....closure.

1 person likes this.
  20. huynhct

huynhct Member