1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac should take a backseat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

STILL think?

In my opinion, TMac has consistently been one of the least selfish superstars in the NBA. I remember I used to SCREAM at my TV because he would be passing up prime opportunities to score, choosing to get his teammates involved, instead.

2. Caboose

Caboose Member

I know that but it looked like he hesitated a lot. It appeared like he let his back problems get in his head. Like one play, he ended up getting to the line on a foul by AK, but if he took it strong, he could've layed it up or dunked it. It looked like he was looking over his shoulder and was worried about either getting blocked or the contact. Hopefully if his back is stiff it'll get better.

3. Two Sandwiches

I agree with your lineup there, completely, except I think I'd see what Novak would do starting at power forward. Juwan isn't starting material anymore, in my opinion.

4. Caboose

Caboose Member

The reason all Yao does is shoot fade ways because it is the only chance he has of getting a shot off before the double team comes. All the post plays for Yao are repetitive. He just goes and fights for position on one of the blocks. They have to get him moving around so the d doesn't know what to expect every single play.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you have to take what the defense gives you.....tonight they forced it too much....

Tmac or Yao, either one can lead...

DD

6. johnrox

johnrox Member

sura is desperately needed and if he comes back, his nastiness would be entirely welcome. williams was taking alston all night long... let us all hope sura comes back real real strong

7. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

I was talking about TMac shooting fadeaways and jumpers. Yao shoots high percentage, he should keep up the shooting. Tmac though, has sacrificed driving the ball. Why does he think he is such a cold shooter. The only time he is a good shooter is when he catches fire, which is rare.

8. johnrox

johnrox Member

i think everyone would like yao to put up 50 shots a game, but it really takes a long long time for him to get set. usually the first pass inside is not available so others pass the ball to the other side to give him another pass, or yao is too far from the paint, or he is waiting a long time to set so he doesn't get the ball stripped, and if he misses, no offensive rebound.

9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Wonderful post Kim!

I wonder by the rate that we are heading, what is going to happen our team?

We can't have our best player Yao keep getting 10-12 shots per game and watch others jacking up horrible brick after brick.

what now? Do we dump Gundy and get another coach? Do we trade TMac, Alston for other players?

Kelly Dywer seemed to put it best in one of his articles about the Rockets, I can't remember the exact words but he said " Despite the Rockets did their best creatively from getting Yao the ball, Yao still averaged more than 22 points last season".

I don't know what the hell or who the is responsible for this problem but we need to fix this and we need to fix it now!

Anything below 18 shots for Yao per game is totally unacceptable!

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I blame it on the new ball.

11. Two Sandwiches

I bet Rafer is too. I bet he was saying he couldn't shoot because he's used to playing with the old school ball on the street and couldn't get the proper grip! :p

12. yaoonlyfanhuh

yaoonlyfanhuh Member

Yes. Fire JVG and trade Yao!

13. BoogeyMan888

BoogeyMan888 Member

TMac needs to stop shooting so much! He lost the game for us. Let Yao shoot more!!!!!!!!!!

14. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

CRACK! Apparently it's not just for breakfast anymore... :rolleyes:

Jeeez, it's one game.

15. Rockets Dynasty

That's wrong. T-Mac was better his first year in Houston than he was at the end in Orlando and he was taking less outside shots and driving more than his last year in Orlando.

JVG cannot be blamed for T-Mac's back problems, that is not by reasonable people at least.

16. BoogeyMan888

BoogeyMan888 Member

TMac is NOT the best player on the Rockets. YAO IS the best player, so give him the ball! Damn it TMac, STOP bricking so much!!!!!!!! YOU LOST THE GAME FOR US!

It's obvious brokeback TMac is not the same player with this chronic injury. He should just change his game and stop shooting so damn much. He can get over 10 assists a game if he want!

17. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I would rather have novak shoot fadeaway 3s blindfolded that mcgrady keep shooting his pull up fadeaway 33% midrangers.

Ive never seen mcgrady get stopped when he attacks the basket. Why doesnt he do that more?????

18. Rockets Dynasty

The whole Rockets team needs to re-think their priorities on feeding Yao.

Yao should touch is like 15 to 20 times in the FIRST QUARTER.

19. Rockets Dynasty

Did it ever occur to some people here that perhaps that is what causes the back injuries?

20. Two Sandwiches

You simply cannot blame a loss like this on one player. Or the coach. It's foolishness.

If you wanna start blaming people, look at Tmac's shots, then look at Rafer going 0 for whatever to start out, then look at Yao getting in foul trouble, then look at Van Gundy not bringing in high energy guys to fire the team up when it was needed, then, look at how the Rockets were simply outplayed.

That's what happened tonight - the Rockets were outplayed. It's not that scary of a thought. It doesn't mean that we're no longer a playoff team, or that we're not gonna make the playoffs, or that we don't have a shot at winning the Championship this year. We just simply had some issues and got outplayed. If we're gonna get outplayed, at least it wasn't by the Hawks or the Trailblazers or somebody like that. That would be a bad indication.

The Jazz are a legitimate playoff team. We're gonna get beat every now and then, and some of our losses are gonna be bad ones. Right now, I'd rather lose a game like this to a playoff-contender than to a cellar-dweller. It helps us figure out where we need to be in a few months.