1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac on 97.9 this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lcc179, May 24, 2007.

1. lcc179

lcc179 Member

Did anyone hear the interview they had w/ T-mac this morning on 97.9? I only heard the first part of it as I had to go to work. Nothing too special, but here's a recap of what I heard...

He talked first about his training camp, then..

1) Rob G was just messing with him, but laid it into him pretty hard, asking "Do you now regret crying at the postgame conference after the series loss?", then T-mac saying "I wasn't crying, just really emotional. All the hard work you put in the offseason and the season...", basically saying what he has been saying. They asked about the "It's all on me" and he had the same response he's been saying: takes pressure off my teammates, pressure doesn't bother me (obviously does), been in the situation before.

2) They asked about Adelman and he said he has never met him before but that he had a great set of offensive coordinators in Sac and he really liked Sac's offense when Adelman was there. He also talked about Adelman's offense moving more with more screens and that he felt it would utilize his skills alot better and fits his style really well (good to hear!)

3) They talked about the Olajuwon-Yao workout and how Olajuwon told Yao to be dominant and asked if he thinks Yao will ever become dominant. T-mac replied saying Yao has become more and more dominant every year and that he has a genuine desire to become dominant. He talked about "Americanizing" Yao and that he is slowly moving away from being too nice to his opponents and feels that he will be more dominant this year.

Anyway, that's the only part i caught. Anyone else hear the rest?

2. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Well done my friend. Thank you ;)

3. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

TMac is a smart guy, he deservs a RING!

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Okay, according to doublehh, T-Mac did nothing last offseason. He didn't put in no hard work last year. What's going on here? Or what's the next excuse?

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Good to hear that Tracy is glad with Adelman. Rick said that he wants to make game easier for T-Mac and I'm really looking forward next season

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Last offseason he just wanted to be healthly and he didn't traing. Now he is healthly so he will work hard all offseason long and I'm sure it helps

7. lcc179

lcc179 Member

I think he may have been talking about the team as a whole and maybe referring to the offseason moves (i.e. acquiring Shane)

8. littleyao

littleyao Member

He should definitely work on his shooting. As much as he shoots, he's accuracy needs to be improved.

9. Tracy McIverson

So how badass was T-Mac's freestyle?

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude he's talking about the training camp he's having RIGHT NOW AT THIS TIME. obviously he's healthy now so he's going to train hard RIGHT NOW.

last yr all he did was trying to lose the weight he added on and really didn't have an offseason => cardio.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thanks for posting, this is the first we've heard from T-mac in regards to the coaching situation.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Did Tmac sound happy about the new coach, because after the season ended he seemed like he wanted Gundy back. Why would he turn so quickly? Well, I know Rick Adelman is a pimp, but still.

13. Possum

Possum Member

What a d!ck! TMac should go to the studio and wip this guys ass. Then ask him if he regrets asking such a insisitive, stupid question. :mad:

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude, all players are diplomatic (or most of them are). tmac def. appreciated JVG, but i'm sure he's not sad that he's gone.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Regardless of how Tracy actually feels, he's going to say the right thing about the coaching change. Verbally, he'll both give respect to JVG and welcome Adelman with open arms.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Besides, it is possible to appreciate Van Gundy and Adelman both as good coaches and good people. If you like one of these guys, you are not required to hate the other (like some people seem to believe) .

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Good point. I like both... I just don't like one guy's offensive scheme.. or maybe the group running them.

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

he needs to work on his jumper if he is going to use those screens....or just forget the freakin jumpers and drive the ball hole!!!

19. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Hatta asked him when we are going to win a playoff round and he said:

The rockets had to give up a lot of the team to acquire him, so he knew the team did not have much talent. He said that with a couple of injured players having contracts, rockets were not able to sign more talent. Continued to say Battier was a good acquisition this year and Rafer played well, but did not have a back-up. He said he initially estimated that it would take 2-3 years for this team to win a series. He thinks that this year is the first year that the rockets have money to go get talent and he thinks the rockets will be really good next year.

Then Nete asked him what he’s been up to…

He said he’s trying to be an entrepreneur and start some businesses and “make the money while he’s young.” :rolleyes: Then they joked a lil bit, and then he plugged his camp.

That was the general feel of the end of the interview…

20. tested911

tested911 Member

Hmmm. Obviously the work wasn't at the free throw line or jumpers :rolleyes: