1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[T-Mac] My Apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

true dat!! get well tmac.. wishing you all the best except when you play against the Rockets!

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wait, so when do we know how serious his injury was? Also, how do we know if he needed a lot of cartilage or just a bit?

3. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I wish TMac the best. However, what exactly has TMac done for the Rockets organization? Took them to the playoff the very first time since 97?

Oops, that's Yao and Francis.

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

good luck TMAC!

5. roksoer

roksoer Member

I was just about to write something like this
    The only thing that was actually McGrady's fault was the way he handled the decision about the operation, and he obviously apologised for that.
    Stop saying you don't want him back even if he's at 100%, at the start of the season we were all happy about our "big 3" but obviously Tracy was playing injured so he pursued options to reduce the effect of the injury on his game (the conditioning, not playing back to backs) and now that none of that worked he went for the surgery, his last hope of ever returning to his old form. With his old form we can still have our "big 3" although the chances are slim.
    But you can't say he has no heart, all of the previous years he's been great, possibly the only one actually giving his everything in the playoffs.
    This year though, he's injured, he tried playing through it, he tried limiting his playing time and it didn't help him, he's not mentally weak, mentality does not affect you when you're trying to dunk and you can't get half a foot of air.

ehhh

6. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

winnar

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I hope there will be an honest pressy about what they found and what they expect. No A-Rodding please.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is a good first step, but we will have to see how hard he rehabs before we welcome him back.

9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

thanks for the post and best wishes tracy

10. HTR99

HTR99 Member

One of the few positive posts without bashing him. Yes, he didn't take the right step in disclosing the surgery but many of you seem to look past why he took that route and are siding with management instead. I for one am curious to hear both sides instead of being fed info processed by ESPN. Yes, it was a wrong move if you look at the organization's view point and I'm not defending him, I just want to why that route instead and as many of your overlook it, we'll never have an answer.

Go Rockets!!!

11. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

PR or not, at least there was an a apology.

I wish him the very best and hope he gets healthy soon.

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

And his nose just grew a couple of feet....... :mad: :)

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I wonder if he apologized to his teammates in person, that would probably make the most difference.

14. ibm

ibm Member

his action has hurt this team. now he at least is offering an apologetic lip service. if he's gonna balance it out by putting action into his remaining journey as a rocket or an nba-er - remains to be seen.

now i will offer my lip service to a player i don't really like - wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

15. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

thanks op and get well soon tmac. Good luck :)

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Get well soon Tracy and if you read this, please don't believe that the majority of the fans in Houston share the same beliefs as these 16 year old cf.net knee-jerk posters. They may scream the loudest, but they aren't the majority. Can't wait until you return to the Rockets. Get your surgery, rehab hard, eat healthy, work out, & prove em all wrong buddy.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apology accepted!

As for your Rocket career I rather doubt it....

Let us play like "True Rockets" from here on out!

18. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

ROTFL@ the first comment that got erased....that dude must have hated tmac with a passion

LMAO@ Carl Bombed

19. rocketgenius

rocketgenius Member

if the media don't somehow start hyping lebron's D, would you have noticed a difference? honestly..?
    lebron plays the passing length to get steals and uses his athelticism to cover up his mistakes, and that's exactly what tmac did when he was healthy ...

but lets not get caught up with the irrelevent stuff.. isnt this about the offense? looking more like a TEAM in order for us to win.. personally I think that notion is stupid.
    as long as you are winning, who cares! like Jeff Van Gundy used to say, if you are the best play playmaker on team, the ball will be in your hand.
    Kobe holds on to the ball, Dwayne Wade holds on to the ball.. you don't see their fans complaining one bit. Hack I didn't see majority of you complaining last year when we were rolling (well, except for those annoying little yao ming fans). we were advancing last yr had yao stayed healthy

this yr, tmac does not have the lateral quickness to stay infront of guys, if anything, he should not have played at all.
    but if you are the coach, do you just sit him until he's 100% healthy, or do you play him at 75% expecting his leg to get stronger as time progresses. I mean, the goal was that he's healthy and the rockets having great chemistry as a team for the playoffs.. so obviously, the rockets chose the latter.
    while he played, he did kill the ball movement at times but he did try to iso less and play more of a teamball.. those who follows every game closely should see that. His presence did hurt the team but both him and the rockets were trying to get his knee right. I don't see how you can blame the whole thing on tmac. but most of you are on the bandwagon i guess... if you (not directly at davidrocket) are not an yao ming fan that hates tmac, have an opinion of your own

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Good luck and Best Wishes T-MAC!!! Wish you a speedy recovery :D