1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[T-Mac] My Apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Feb 23, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm glad that he at least acknowledges that he was in the wrong.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This might be the end for Tmac in Houston. I'm glad he was here and always thought he played hard for us until this season. He seemed to really want to take us far, but it wasn't meant to be.

Good luck, Tmac.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't know, maybe to void the last year? I would think they have their legal experts pouring over the contract to see if he violated anything or damaged the organization by his actions these last few weeks, or this season.

They may not find anything but it would be good business to at least look.....

I guess it depends on what Clanton tells them on the prognosis after tomorrow's surgery.

DD

4. ibm

ibm Member

i guess if he never suits up in a rockets uni., that's how he will remain in my memories...

5. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I think there's chemistry... but WIP.

As long as everybody stays healthy, we can definitely pass first round, as long as we don't meet Lakers in the first round :)

6. rocketgenius

rocketgenius Member

give me a break
    you're talking the importance of looking like a team?
    seriously who cares as long as you are winning
    do the cave look like a team? doesn't lebron hold the ball and make 80-90% of the decision?

hope tmac gets well and come back. i have a feeling the rockets will somehow resign him, not neccesarily a good idea, but seems like les is in love w/ him.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Decently written note, hope things go well for him moving forward.

Evan

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Is it just me or have i seen these same type of articles by tmac over and over and over again?

9. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Member

His career in Houston might be over, or it might not be. Either way, put yourselves in his shoes. This surgery could and probably will change his playing ability for the rest of his NBA career and his life beyond the NBA. This isn't some small stuff and I wish him the best.

It will really be a sad day when he leaves the Rockets organization. Last season he was playing hurt with a bad shoulder and a bad knee but he stepped up because Yao went out and he knew we needed him, and he delivered pretty well under those circumstances to lead the team on to finishing that sweet 22-0 run and giving Utah a run for their money in the post season.

T-Mac has done a lot for this organization and I personally wish him the best no matter what happens come next February.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Its funny reading people against T-Mac as hard as they are...

"I am sick of him playing his own doctor" That right there should be a good thing. If he cannot play like the T-Mac we know he SHOULD sit out. So that should be a positive not a negative.

"He's faking his injury" Ummm, So he is just getting microfracture surgery for the hell of it?

The dude has obviously been playing all season injured. It showed, he still tried. You people have NO IDEA what you want. He sits out, you all say that he has no heart, and he can play on it and he should. Then when he DOES play, he does not do too well, and then you say that he should sit if he is really injured. blah blah blah.. Make up your mind, and T-Mac get well soon.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Stop Hatin Yall!! When Tmac was healthy at his all-star lvl..yall were lovin him 2!

Get Better Tmac! and hopefully u can get back 2 dat all-star status you were at

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Thing is, Lebron does everything including playing defense and rebounding. If you want a player that dominates the ball, they better do just that, dominate on both ends of the floor. Otherwise this current Rockets squad moving forward for the duration of the season is a very good team and is capable of beating anyone.

13. landryfans

landryfans Member

Apology accept, back on court on way!

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Unless the due diligence were to lead to public disclosure we can only supposition that the legal beagles are sniffing around the contract, and his actions.

There are two McG prognoses: (1) amount of damage and (2) rehab time. Microfracture rehabs seem to be 1 1/2 years or longer to be whatever may be. If so then his Rocket contract is spent, finis, complete. If this is a procedure where he can, with diligent rehab (sic), return to form (however that will become defined) by the '10 All Star break then things would become really interesting.

(Like everyone else who believed that if C-Bill and Rip or Tay or had truly been on offer for TMac then dadgum Les, why did you not allow the trigger to be pulled???)

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

So t-mac never played defense? He played average defense last year, and this past year he has been injured. LeBron JUST started playing noticeable defense this year.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hope he gets better. Good luck with Rehab.

Hopefully he comes to the bench and cheers on his teammates.

17. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

T-mac: my name is drama.

18. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Well done Tracy, this letter goes a long way in patching up some of the differences "circumstances" have created. Get well soon and we see you on the basketball court.

SS999

19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The last time I was really impressed with McGrady's defense was in the 05 playoffs against the Mavs. That was also his best year as a Rocket. Ever since, the team has played great defense to make up for his slack more often than not. I really don't believe he has the drive to be all that he can be.

20. J3323

J3323 Member

I'm as big a T-Mac fan as you will find and I've become an even bigger Rockets fan because of him. Sure he hasnt been right all year and now he has an opportunity to get back healthy. I for one hope he comes back and we resign him. The hate for him on this board is ridiculous. I guess people forget everything he's done over the past 4-5 years. Get Well T-Mac!