1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[T-Mac] My Apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Feb 23, 2009.

1. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Where's the part about bringing a championship to Houston? :mad:

2. Summer Song Giver

Sad but true?

3. TheMountainTop

This is what Tracy needs guys.

[​IMG]

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is coming this year....this is his way of making it happen.

;)

DD

5. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I want to hear this in front of a camera so he can clearly let everyone know. This personal website updates won't cut it for me. Apologize to everyone in the public at the press conference tomorrow(if there is one). Other than that, get well Tracy! I'm still unsure whether I want him back in a Rockets uniform. Part of me says give him another chance, but part of me just thinks its time to move on. I guess we'll just see how it plays out and I just hope it's best for the team.

Go Rockets!

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well, from the looks of the last 4 games (small sample size), looks like they have their defensive edge back. The most memorable was coming back from a 16-point deficit against the Mavs. That was pure defense and heart.

My question is what is it about the Rockets that other fans seem to underestimate? Do they not see the same deep roster with a defensive-offensive balanced mindset?

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I suppose if his site was good enough to post about the surgery in the first place, it's as good of a place to put an apology.

The organization will hear of it I'm sure. I hope that he voiced the same sentiments to them directly.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I agree, he probably needed microfracture in the first place and got the wrong procedure based on a bad diagnosis. Things would have been a lot different if he had the micro surgery in the offseason and he was out this season rehabbing, Tmac wouldn't be vilified around here like he is now. Instead he played hurt and looked like he wasn't trying and is being blasted around here. He's got a contract for one more year and I hope he comes back like the old Tmac next year.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Taking McGrady out of the lineup automatically makes this team better defensively. He was a HUGE liability on defense (because of the injury), he just couldn't stay in front of his guy to save his life. Ron seems comfortable now, so I' am excited to see what can happen with this team. That being said, I wish Tracy the best, it must be really difficult for any athlete that makes this sport their career and thinking they may never be able to play again.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm still not sure what to think of this whole situation, but I'm going to give McGrady the benefit of the doubt.

Get well soon, Mac.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if the Rockets will look to see if there is anything Tracy did in all of this that breaks or breaches his contract.

I certainly would.

DD

12. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

T-Slack is just saying.

He is not gonna do it anyway.

who cares.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt. He is the same guy that said he was back to vintage mcgrady a month ago.

14. jondoe

jondoe Member

I can't believe he is going under the knife without the rox blessing/understanding/input. I mean, they pay him 20 million a year. I'm not saying he shouldnt do it, but geez, couldn't they get together and figure this out?

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

He was also the guy that said he was hurt, but people said he was faking. So in order to prove it, he's going to undergo a potential career-ending surgery.

Dude just speaks what he feels at the moment to a fault. His play, attitude, and demeanor would change with his knee pain. I've had times where I think my body is feeling better, just to feel worse the next day, back and forth. It's not impossible he was having the same back and forth feeling about his knee.

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's kind of sad to see this. Same feeling i had when Steve was traded, first game played against Rockets, he almost walked up to Yao to high five him after Yao sank a freethrow.

Wish him all the best, be a Rockets player or not, I wish him come back strong and redeem himself. TMac as a good person and very gifted player, he deserves some success.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I can accept that as a real possibility. The fact is the Rockets look more like a team now than they did with Tmac. So if his injury is what held him back all season than that's what it was. Still this is the best for both Tmac and the Rockets.

18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Wish you a speedy recovery T-mac

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To void the last year or to fine him? Or...?

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He pissed me off the way he went about being his own doctor.

But if he can return as the TMAC we had last year. I'll welcome him back with open arms.

This team is not better with out TMAC of last year etc......they are better off with out the INJURED Tmac of THIS year.

Get Well Soon.