1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[T-Mac] My Apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Feb 23, 2009.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Classy piece, nice job.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The guy is going under the knife. You ever have that happen to you? I might kick a Jazz player while he's down, but McGrady is still a member of the Rockets. I wish him well.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

You really believe this came from McGrady in his own words? I would be pretty surprised if it was truly from his heart.

I'm not trying to bash him in any sense, I just find it more believable that he has a PR person managing his website for him and handling the blogs as well. What do you think?

4. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

LOL...or maybe a complete replacement altogether.

5. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

I hope the surgery goes good and everything works out okay. Hopefully T-mac comes back healthy next year.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Honestly, how would we know? How do I know if you are writing what I just read? What difference does it make under those circumstances? Could it have been written by his agent or a member of his staff? Sure. Does it matter? Not to me. What would matter the most is seeing him say those things, rather than reading them. Not having that option, I'll take "him" at his word.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NPMyc6TPy5U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NPMyc6TPy5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. JayRow

JayRow Member

Hey man,

Howabout you take a freakin' pay cut and show us how dedicated you are. Prove me wrong when I say you're all about the money and aren't dedicated to the game or the goal of winnings. Actions, not words, Dr. McGrady.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he gets better, but I don't want him back in a Rocket's uniform.

DD

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :D

12. That Kid 13

That Kid 13 Member

I don't understand what the bashing is all about. The man was clearly hurt, he should of had this surgery in December. He was hurt and still played but couldn't play well and it was hurting the team more than helping. What else do you want? I'm pretty at least half of the people on this board were saying, we are better without Yao, during the 22.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

down horse. i was not antagonizing you or McGrady in any way. I was simply questioning the candor of the Apology off of his website.

Yes I do agree with you that seeing him say this on camera would be a lot more meaningful. Apologies are more easily written than said in front of a camera.

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Agree. And he hit a lot of the salient points we have here.

Apology accepted. Nothing more.

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Where do I join FATER? Do I get a t-shirt?

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I really don't think the knee is TMACs only problem.

17. DaDakota

Just put it in your sig....

DD

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great idea!

Look, Charles did it. I doubt McGrady would do this.

[​IMG]
    Paper: Houston Chronicle
    Date: SAT 10/23/1999
    Section: Sports
    Page: 1
    Edition: 3 STAR

Barkley says it's time /Popular Rocket will retire after current season

"I think he came here and showed that he wants to win. He really showed that in his actions - the sacrifice he made to get Scottie (Pippen) here (signing to play for the minimum so the Rockets could take on Pippen's $67 million contract). I don't know how many guys would do that."

19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I saw you over on Jazz Fans recently because I too read their threads as well (concerning the Rockets of course). Do you get the feeling that they really underestimate the Rockets?

Forget about the fact that that they've beaten the Rockets 2 years in a row regardless of the circumstances (injuries, etc). It really amazes me how so many fans of other teams (Mavs, Jazz, Hornets) seem to underestimate the Rockets every year. The Rockets IMO can beat the best in the league. Not so sure the same can be said for those other teams.

20. DaDakota

If the Rockets get chemistry they can beat anyone.

DD