1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac: More Interesting (Bad) Numbers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by badgerfan, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tony Parker has been better than Tmac in the playoffs.
    [​IMG]

2. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

I agree with you 100%. The only reason I am a fan of his is because he is on the Rockets, and when he is right he is the best player on the team. If he was still in Orlando I wouldnt care about him.

Getting rid of Tmac could make the team better, but for who and when is the other side to it. It's not time to blow up this roster doing so would be like firing Reggie Theus because Sacramento has below average players. The worst thing you could do is make a unprecidented and reactionary trade that in turn makes the team worse.(see J.Kidd for D.Harris)

3. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

In a heartbeat.

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

It's the nature of contracts. Contracts always favor one party at the expense of another. I guess I would take an anti-pissing class to deal with your dilemma

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I would suggest that if you're a T-Mac only fan you might cheer the fact that he's ripping off the Rockets.

I would also suggest that a real Rockets fan would gnash their teeth at the fact that he's ripping off the Rockets.

6. macfan

There you go. You insulted me and then confirmed what I suspected that your conduct on this board is meant to infuriate any member who says anything positive about Tmac. I am putting you on my ignore list. Good luck to you

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe the Rockets have above average players.

Correct me if I'm wrong, J Kidd makes way more money than Devin Harris

8. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

The Rockets offered him this money and Mcgrady accepted it. If want to argue that rout then be mad at whoever offered him the contract. What's Tracy supposed to do go "Oh no sorry guys I don't want to accept your multi-year 20 million dollar contract. I wouldn't want to have a bad year and upset the forums."

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

While I agree to a certain extent, there is a limit to the "lesser talent" theory.

Wafer being the full-time starter would be really bad, IMO. He's a lesser talent
    who fits the system and team better, but that would be too drastic a change in talent to still win and/or be a championship contender.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm not mad at anybody, but T-Mac is overpaid. He doesn't perform to a level commensurate with his salary.

What does that mean? That means if you trade him for two guys who over-perform or who can play within the system that the Rockets as a whole come out ahead.

11. macfan

He's doing no such thing.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Point is I'm not sure the Rockets are a contender WITH T-Mac. I'm not even sure they're likely to get out of the first round.

13. macfan

Over the length of the contract he has performed according to his salary.

14. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Yes the Rockets have a good squad.

JKidd makes alot more money than D.Harris right now.

What your trying to say I have no freaking clue.Do you just see posts and the just rant reply them randomly or are you just delusional.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry I think anyone comparing Tmac to LeBron/Kobe is delusional.
    Those stats are also deceiving because Tmac only plays in the first round.

Lebron and Kobe make it further which means more games. If they average more than Tmac in many more rounds that's significantly better.

Also for people like Tony Parker, he has obviously played more games than Tmac in the playoffs.

you should post your stats like this: 1st round averages, 2nd round averages, conference final averages, final averages

16. mbiker

mbiker Member

You are only proving Badgerfan's point. When Tracy scores a lot of points, he looks good, but his team does not. If you really want to know about how good Tracy plays in the playoffs, look at his FG% when the Rockets lose, its only .400.

When Tracy had his second best season as far as points, Orlando only had 21 wins. When you look at his FG% it was only .417. Another example of Tracy looking like a a great player, while his team loses.

Rocket fans are starting to do what Orlando fans were doing years ago, and that's dissecting Tracy's game. At one time people thought the world was flat until they opened their eyes.

17. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but once Dallas made that trade how did they do? They traded away a piece to a possible championship and now they are basically in rebuilding mode. Hmmmm how would we look "IF" Mac was to leave :(

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Nonsense. This year he's making around $21 million. He's averaging around 15 ppg. He's converting at around 0.388. He's nowhere near a star player now. Maybe you're happy that he's making as much as he is. When I think about that money I think about who the Rockets could be getting with it.

19. macfan

You are contradicting yourself. If the Rockets lose when he doesn't shoot well, it means that his performance affects wins and losses

20. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Once again......(sigh) Nobody compared Tmac to Kobe or Lebron. The statement ,once again, was "Only Kobe or Lebron are better than TMac in the playoffs." The post which was responding to the the main post was to show that stats can be a really inaccurate way to judge players. So yes they are deceiving that was the purpose. Why would i post anymore stats at this juncture if your trying to establish that stats are deceiving.Please I don't know what your on but there is time to seek help.