1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac: More Interesting (Bad) Numbers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by badgerfan, Feb 2, 2009.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Tell you the truth I was thinking 20 as well but setting the threshold down at 19 meant including more games.

What really surprised me is that Artest has more games with 19 or more points (14) than T-Mac (12).

2. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're delusional and making Rocket fans look like idiots.

he's not better than kobe, he's not better than lebron.

his 27 pts/game means nothing in the playoffs cause he hasn't made it out for the first round for any team.

this is how it works:
    your team wins, you are happy. your team loses your aren't happy.

this is your brain on drugs:
    your team wins, you are happy, your team loses you are happy.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

maybe you need an optometrist, here it is again :

5. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Well he fault is that?? Its not McGrady's fault. If he has the hot hand why not go with it. If McGrady is scoring big points and feeling it then its on the rest of the guys to step up and do what their brought here to do. Everyone has a role and they need to follow it. McGrady Yao and Artest are scorers and that can not be changed. They need to do what they do and the others just need to fall in line and follow

6. macfan

You're delusional my friend. We didn't acquire Tmac for Kobe or Lebron. We acquired him for Steve Francis. What does Kobe or Lebron have to do with Tmac? I agree he's not better than those two. So what? The stats he showed put him third behind Kobe and Lebron

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yeah, but when Artest scores Yao's numbers got up to a monstrous 24 ppg. When Yao scores Artest's numbers go up to around 18 ppg, which is still higher than his season average. Tracy's average is about the same for both those guys, around 14 ppg.

When Tracy scores a lot Artest's and Yao's numbers drop, to below their season average. The Rockets lose more games. And they score less compared to the numbers when Artest/Yao have big nights.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

He makes as much as they do and contributes far less.

9. macfan

10. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Nothing to be erroneous about it. It's stats that I copied from NBA.com and then posted them. Unless your saying that the people at NBA.com are liars.

Wouldn't a good way to judge the loyalty of a fan be when the fan of that team or player was struggling. True he started to slack a little in hopes his talent could carry him. The team told him that it wasn't going to work that way. He is human. Humans make mistakes. It's about what you do after them which show your character. Most people on here just need something to b**** about because there beloved Rockets aren't tickling there fancy right now, and please I am not advocating that anybody is above criticism.Don't get mad though when some of us still got the faith.

11. macfan

Good for him. If you were not the best employee in your company would you not accept getting paid at the same rate as the best employee?

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

There's fans of the player and fans of the team.

Put simply, if getting rid of T-Mac makes the team better then that's all there is to it.

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I think these numbers are telling for this season for this simple fact....

This roster of players and coaching staff, along with their offensive philosophies/schemes, just do not fit TMac's style what-so-ever. While everyone has become more and more acclimated within Adelman's offense (including Yao) in his second season as coach, TMac still has it stuck in his head and habits that he needs to be THE scorer/facilitator. It's understandable seeing that is how he HAD to play during his years in Orlando and in many instances under JVG.

People seem to point at the end of the season last year when he "carried" this team through the latter part of "the streak" and down the stretch of the playoff run. But, with Yao out, the team and coaching staff HAD TO play to his style. He was their best player. They had to abandon the motion/pass-centered offense and go back to setting screen after screen for TMac at the top of the 3-pt line to take advantage of his court-vision and scoring ability.

I don't dislike TMac, but it seems this team as a WHOLE would be better with someone who is more of an effective fit within the system the rest of the guys have settled into, and has had success with.

On the contrary, Wafer is a nice role-player who has gained a lot of confidence, but we're talking about a player who has really just found a niche under a system and coach he fits to a 'T'.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If you were the owner of that company wouldn't you be pissed off if the hot shot superstar you were paying top dollar for turned out to be a dud?

If you were a worker in that company wouldn't you be pissed off if the guy next to you was half-assing it and making twice as much as you did?

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yeah, that's my read on it as well. I've been saying for a while now that

A lesser talent who plays the system > T-Mac who doesn't fit in

16. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Delusional would be that you actually think somebody even said Mcgrady is better the Kobe or Lebron because nobody said that. The actual statement that was made was "Only Kobe and lebron are better than Tmac in the playoffs."Which is the exact opposite of what your saying. Delusional

This is how it works I am optimistic and have faith in my team and you just rant endlessly.

Im happy getting in the playoffs and contending
    Your not happy unless we go 85-0 and win the finals in 4 games.(delusional)

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This is the Rockets BBS not the T-Mac BBS, of course we want to get out of the first round.

This thread = Fail

18. tinman

Supporting Member

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If getting rid of T-Mac would make the team stronger would you do it?

20. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

I am curious what this team would look like under VanGundy. It looks to me like the talent is built more around his offensive style than RA's. I always thougth the mark of a good coach was to adapt the system to the players, not the other way around.

Not that I am opposed to trading a player or players to make the team better. Also not sure I go with the lesser talent theory either. Havind said that, if you can get two above average players for your teams best player, you got to go for it, but I would not trade just for change sake.