1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-mac, K-mart or Agent Zero?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets018, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Which of the three is most likely to help the Rockets in a playoff run?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2010.
  1. T-mac

45.2%
  2. Kevin Martin

39.8%
  3. Agent Zero

15.1%
  1. rockets018

rockets018 Member

All three are very injury prone and playoff failures, but which would fit best on the Rockets for this year only.

Kevin Martin and Agent Zero are both pretty easily available.

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I was high on K-Mart till he got injured, it would be stupid for the Rockets to trade for another injury prone star :confused:

3. rockets018

rockets018 Member

He is injury prone, BUT he isn't coming off a major sugery and still recovering like T-mac. T-mac said himself he won't be fully healthy until next season.

This is such a hard question, because to be honest, I would almost rather kiss my sister.

Agent Zero becomes interesting, as he could move to SG, and focus on that and not have to run the offense. He is a notorious "chucker" but I think under the direction of RA he could be decent for the Rockets.

4. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

damn 3 of my favorite players...hard to choose. id say tmac then arenas then kmart (kmart is too one dimensional although he could be a perfect fit in this system...so actually im too sure about my ranking anymore haha.)

man why are all my favorite players all injury prone playoff failures? this sucks.

5. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Atleast your a true fan and stick by your favorite teams/players even though they struggle (mightily I must add. :cool:

Of course my vote was for T-mac, but it's close and a tough decision for me. I wish we could get a go to scorer like K-mart, but like you said he is so one demensional. Gotta trust that DM will make the right move though, I wish I had a time machine, and won the mega millions last week.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

None of the above would help much since what the Rockets really needs is a good defensive rebounding center.

7. Asian Sensation

I've already expressed how much I like Kevin Martin so naturally I'd pick him. For good reasons too.

He's the youngest of the 3 and hasn't had major knee operations. Contrary to popular belief he's not a ball stopper. The guy gets a lot of shots by cutting to the hoop, drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line and catch n pops. He would be our most consistent scorer by far and he would be option 1 go to guy which we are lacking. I think a Lowry/Martin backcourt could be absolutely deadly.

Furthermore, he'd fit well in our current situation but I think he'd mesh and play well alongside Yao as well if he were to return to the Rockets if we were to look at the long-term picture.

This is also a guy for most of his career that hasn't played alongside other players that are winners. He's been on the losing side the majority of his career. I'd like to see what he can do playing alongside our players. Bonus points for having played under Adelman in the past.

8. Chamillionaire

Martin would provide the shooting and the scoring we lack at times. we have the defense down, and already have Mac, so basically the pick is between Agent Zero and Martin and I choose Martin, Agent Zero has got to be one of the most overpaid overrated players in the league, and WSH has got to have one of the worst GM's in the league, they need to trade Agent Zero and Jamison.

9. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

but but he said he'd be elite status THIS season! :confused:

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

If this poll was between T Mac and a bucket of sand.....I'm taking the sand.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Fine. I will take the bucket then.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

since tmac is made of glass, they're both essentially the same thing anyways ;)

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Kmart easily. Rox need someone to score, not someone to dominate the ball.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Arenas' contract is just too horrible to even contemplate trading for. Elton Brand has a huge bad one and Arenas' is almost twice the size of Brand's. Just amazing.

Martin, on the other hand, is worth taking a chance on. He's still young and an elite level efficient scorer who is, granted, not so good defensively -- SG version of Cow Landwy, and the Rockets can really use more Cow Landwy in all positions. $11 mil a year is big, but not cap killing huge.

Me, too. My preference goes, Martin>Sand>McGrady>Arenas.

#14 Carl Herrera, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  15. Christopher

Christopher Member

Look, I was a bit p*ssed off before, I jumped online and said something I regret.

Sand is obviously very important and has many great uses.

To try and tie it to something useless and hopeless, something that is completely of no worth to anyone at all.....I was wrong.

Sand is great! I'm sorry Sand!

16. thething

thething Contributing Member

I went with Arenas.

Obviously with the contract, I would not want to have him, but I believe he is the best player of the three.

First, T-Mac is not at a point where he can make a huge impact yet. The other two at least can make a positive impact.

Kevin Martin is an efficient scorer. Last year, I would have gone with him. Now, Arenas is a better fit. He is a more well-rounded player. Plus, he has the potential to get better from the surgery, and I think he will make the Wizards a playoff team eventually. He was an MVP candidate once.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Some people obviously missed the question posed...it said "PLAYOFF RUN"....

Should eliminate one guy.

DD

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Only Gilbert Arenas has been past the first round, therefore Gilbert Arenas is the only correct answer.

I am simple minded.

Of course, it is far more likely that TMac will still be on the team than we trade for either of those.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah - nearly half the bored "missed" the question huh?

Nearly half the board must be TOF's!

20. herro

herro Member

I'll go with the minority and take Arenas.

Kevin Martin is no slouch.

I'd vote for Worrell before McGrady.