1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Jumpshot comparison video footage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Nov 12, 2006.

1. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

I know he's done it for a while, but I wish he wouldn't scissors-kick. If he jumped straight up without the twist, it might help him get higher, keep his body straighter, etc., which are things previous people have noted.

On the other hand, his shot is like watching Drexler shoot--it goes in, but you don't know how.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

for what it's worth:

I was watching Mac play at the knicks game here at home. I got some good tickets from a buddy and I could really see the rotation and release of Tracy's shot.

When he misses I noticed it's a forced/rushed shot (usually not a big deal to him), but it also seems "measured." The release is NOT natural, the rotation on the ball is not nice. One of those, "he's thinking about the shot too much" things. You all know T-Mac is all abotu confidence, and when he doens't think abotu his shot, he just throws it up and it goes in.

When he was making shots, he didn't htink about it. shot clock going down, no time to think. Just get the shot up, and bam...swish or freaking fade away off the board three.

He's just got to get comfortable...and STAY comfortable. I think he had the one good game, and then the next game was thinking, I hope I can keep it up.

Consolation prize, he's doin everything else on the court to help the team win. So far...so good.

T

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Somebody find the 62 Point game he had against Washington when he was with Orlando. He played erally good that day.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is hesitating, the shots he makes are generally off the curl, where he just catches and shoots, without thinking.

His role is being redined and although he may SAY he likes it....he is probably having some difficulty adjusting, although winning while adjusting has to take some of the sting away.

DD

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Exactly. I think it's most important for Tracy to let the game come to him since Yao is the primary scoring option now. Tracy still demands attention, and can just make plays for his team. He'll get shots in the normal flow of it all. I think he is just adjusting to it still a bit.

6. rage

rage Member

You guys are right on the money. I think the problem is with Tmac's elevation. I said it since the pre-season, I don't think his back is 100% yet and may never be again!

7. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

its mostly mental and he has a hitch in his jumpshot. his jumpshot is one motion this season it seems like 2 motions..i wouldnt trip though

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Matt Bullard made mention of this a few days ago.

He said it was a timing issue.

Tmac will be fine. With less pressure e will slowly work his way back. I truely believe the heavy burden of pressure contributed to his previous health issues. Many folks here will agree that injuries and stress/pressure (mental and otherwise) are related. With Yao, Shane and hopefully Bonzi doing their thing, Tracy will get to allow things to come to him without any rush.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

His shot has always been on a line. That being said, I don't know if it's flatter than normal. Has anyone watched to see whether or not the majority of his shots have been short? Usually when someone shoots on a line like that and he starts coming up short, it's a sign he's probably not getting enough lift on his jumpers. There were a couple of 3 pointers he banked in that I had to laugh. I don't know if he was overcompensating by shooting long or jumping higher or what, but those were some bricks that happened to go in.

10. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

not to spoil your signauture there buddy but I believe it was the other TNT annoncer who said that line.