1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac, Jalen Rose, and Chauncey bash the Rockets (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Nov 18, 2015.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Anywhere to find a feed of this? Many thanks!

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Maxwell admit that he did wrong? yes
    did tmac? hell no

Winning a championship and saving the Rockets the from doom (clutch city game vs phoenix) is FAR GREATER than anything Tmac has ever done for the Rockets

Tmac quitting forced the rockets to lose getting Vince Carter who could have helped that Yao/Artest team get over the top.

Maxwell quitting led the Rockets to another championship.

I'll only admit that if Tmac and Maxwell were next to each other and a bunch of kids were there, I'd tell the kids that Maxwell is the one who brought Clutch City a championship and Tmac was the guy who never got past the first round as a starter for any team.

You see how the leader and greatest 99er of all never wrote an article called "the day Maxwell lost the city of Houston?"

You see how Clutch went directly to Vernon for the interview while all the other legends were there?

Exactly.

This is the obvious fact:
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vernon Maxwell with a magical Game 3 performance in the 1994 Western Conference Semifinals. Watch the highlights! <a href="http://t.co/2fxfEnU2Cp">http://t.co/2fxfEnU2Cp</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/608090730762936320">June 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Without this game, without Max this place, CLUTCHFANS wouldn't exist

Without Tmac, the Rockets won a playoff series

#122 tinman, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Without tinman, this thread was still readable

1 person likes this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm with you. It worked with Harden last off season. It's just sad that he has to be humiliated to work harder.

I don't think Dwight has played all that bad. Honestly, I've thought all season Harden has ignored Dwight. His defense has been okay, not great -- he is a great defensive player so the standard is high -- but okay. Offensively he has been practically ignored. Numerous times he has sealed his guy under the rim, or gotten inside position on a guy ready for a lob. Harden either doesn't see him, or ignores him.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Don't disagree w a word they said.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Did I not watch that '94 Game 3? That is patronizing, man. And you never answered my question. Enough.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

McGrady did far more worse than Maxwell.
    Our franchise player quit and predicted we'd lose to the lakers when we were paying him 25 million

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chauncey and Jalen feel neglected by him in this very thread. :grin:

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I like your posts.

And tnt > espn

10. oakdogg

Ah, you guys are silly. If you disagree with the obvious, you lose all credibility. You can love your heroes all you want, but it's immature not to concede their failures. Mad Max did some great things, but he also did the most selfish act that I can recall an athlete doing. Basically sold out his whole team b/c he couldn't start. Apologies do not impress me. You do something really terrible, is it some kind of brave thing to apologize for it? It's the obvious, easy thing to do. Do I curse at Mad Max everyday with tears running down my cheeks? Nope. So, y'all should maybe stop doing that about TMac. Haha. My last word on the topic.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody booed maxwell in his return.

McGrady is a 25 million dollar a year all star who is the face of the franchise.

His deception and premeditated quiting is different from a role player who was known for a hot temper quiting.

Clutch never made an article about maxwell. Cause he never lost the city of houston.

If you still have hatred for maxwell, i feel sorry for you.

Maxwell is all love for clutch city.
    Mcgrady will keep making up scenarios on toronto and orlando.

You act like maxwell wasn't critical, your memory is blinded.

If you can't accept apologies, then you can't accept anything in life

12. tommyandrews

tommyandrews Member

How did this thread become a discussion about those criticizing instead of the actual problems of the Rockets itself that they brought up? Can we stick to the discussion please and refrain from ad hominem?

If you want to criticize those guys, you can start a new thread dedicating to how much they quit on the Rockets and should never deserve any recognition for what they did for the team.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

No one thought a team could win with Curry and that team either...until they did

14. oakdogg

F*k deserters.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

So all of the rockets and rudy t forgive maxwell.

And 99% of the 99ers.

So if i slashed your tires and never apologized is the same as if i apologized?

Not the same. Nobody is perfect, but knowing you made a mistake and owning up to it is a great life lesson.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

If Clutch forgives Maxwell, then his brothers shall follow his lead

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Any true Rockets fan would forgive Mad Max. He played with a ferocity that was infectious. But he lost me for a long while when I found out he quit on the team - I get your comment on ego vs. pride and agree, but it took me a long time to forgive him for hitting the links while we were in the playoffs. But I found myself defending the Rockets titles year after year against, well, every non-Rockets fan who claimed that we only won because Jordan retired. And of course I would bring up that no one could guard Hakeem, Jordan or not. But just as often, I would bring up Mad Max, our heart and soul, our enforcer and our sparkplug. He wouldn't have been able to stop Jordan, but he would have demanded enough attention on offense to allow Hakeem to rumble inside while providing a tenacity to our defense.

There was no Toronto game with Mad Max. And if he's willing to forgive us, I'm more than willing to forgive him.

Not a 99'er but I've been around. And I don't think you would find Mad Max quitting on his coach or letting the guys around him quit. We don't have anyone that has that kind of passion on this team, but we desperately need somebody like that.

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

What a beautiful post.
    Your heart is pure.

Maxwell's departure with the rockets ate him up more than any of us. He came back and made amends with the team, organization and the fans.

He was emotional in the documentary you could tell that was real.

The toronto game, tmac quit cause he didn't get the ball enough from his teammates.

How happy everyone was with each other at the reunion was amazing.

If someone can't find joy in that, it's hard to find joy in life.

Clutch city brought so much joy to me personally and im so happy everyone was back again.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jalen: a guy who is only known because of his brief love affair with Bill Simmons. He is Simon, or is he Garfunkel? He is the one that was less popular and more of a hack.

Tmac: Half man, half season. Enough said.

Chauncy: I don't have a single bad thing to say about this guy, but in terms of the NBA elite I don't think he is up there.

If these three guys don't like the firing then we must have finally done something right.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Watching Mad Max come to peace with his time in Houston and at peace with himself in general was a beautiful moment.