1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac, Jalen Rose, and Chauncey bash the Rockets (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Theking

Theking Member

It was only a few days ago you were all bashing harden and saying how great tmac was in a seperate thread.. now tmac bashes harden and the team and u start getting sensitive... Mmm makes sense.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody should ever bash someone. Tmac now has the right because he is a TV analyst, a legit one.
    He can comment

When he was a player he should have kept his mouth shut, that I can agree with.

3. battousai

battousai Member

I agreed with all the ESPN comments, except for the ones that states Howard and Harden cant win a championship. That's the line i drew for being over predicting based on limited info.

Yes, I think the players are to be blamed and the coach was fire as a warning sign to the players that this is all on you now.

Obiously our two best players arent doing a jack, they are why we are 4-7 and in this hole to begin with. you are the leaders, so you lead by example.

Harden is playing ISO and ballhogging the whole time, look at his percentages, its gross.
    Howard who doesnt play back to back games in the beginning of the season, that's too shady.

They are both sending a signal to the organization that they arent happy about something. sure, firing a coach is a easy and quick fix. letting the assistant step in and take over means the owner still believed in McHale system, just not him at the helm.

4. ibm

ibm Member

this is the thread i've enjoyed the most lately. a lot of great posts in here.

5. battousai

battousai Member

Can Harden play D? Sure we can, but is he doing it? is he willing to do it night in and night out? I give more credits to those former NBA players then those on the internet.

Tmac, I am not sure but Jalen rose i trust more on his assessment.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I'm sure clutchfans knows more about basketball than three NBA players.

The Bashing is warranted and if you're a Rockets fan, you SHOULD be pissed!

No need to coddle grown men. Maybe criticism will light a fire under the team.

7. SkeptiK21

SkeptiK21 Member

While I agree with most of what was said save Chauncey's comment on Howard & Harden, ESPN will completely change it's tune if the unthinkable happens and Harden ends up in LA one day.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

I agree on everything except for the amount of blame Howard is getting. I feel like all this has been caused by Harden. I haven't really seen a lack of effort on Howard's part when he plays.

In the 8 games Howard has played he's averaged :

14 ppg, 13 rbpg, 2 blockspg

And almost had two back to back 20/20 games.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

ESPN people were right. Almost 100% right.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not know about that. Lots of clutchfans know so little, at least those three know something.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Only in the GARM. These gents are speaking the truth and some of y'all are getting butt hurt. Well thanks for proving the truth hurts.

Howard has some blame in this to. Playing a handful of games out of 10 will not cut it. You're one of the leaders and you can't play both games in back to backs. Yes we had success with the big fella missing a lot of games last season. But you really can't expect history to repeat itself twice all the times. So of course the locker room is in shambles.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Last year I would have flipped at this but its warranted so the slader is deserved

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

This doesn't change the fact that some of their points are valid. Any outside fan can see this.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Besides the first game where he was suspended, he has missed 3 games out of the 11 due to injury. I don't think the doctors have cleared him yet to play back to backs so it's not completely his fault. I'm sure he has some influence in that decision but I don't think he deserves the amount of hate he is getting right now.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he's right. Our play over the last 2 seasons has shown its true. Both just aren't mentally tough. Howard at least gives a **** and puts out effort though.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

sounds like a lot of people in here agree with t-mac! i love it.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This...

I defended MilkHair for the first 2-3 seasons. I think he got plenty of time with the team to find a rhythm and process of winning. He failed. It was apparent that he will not change or adjust to mistakes he was making.

We underachieved for the last 2 years. We were a better team than what our record showed. MilkHair simply is not a good coach.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Fine. But.....admit this one fact - ignoring all goodwill that may have been garnered since the respective incidents, quitting on your team in the PLAYOFFS while defending your championship is far worse than anything TMac did. Maybe admitting the far worse is not necessary - just admit the obvious fact that it is worse.

19. ibm

ibm Member

as much as i love max, i am with you on this one.

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the talent is there.

but as we've seen time and time again... that is only PART of the equation.