1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac for Baron Davis? (Update from Sporting News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Landlord Landry

or why Houston is thinking about it, why are we dumping Tracy's contract for another longer Tracy contract.

yuck, I don't like this deal.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would we want Kaman?

And Baron Davis? BD is a guy who always looks better on another team. A low percentage, high volume shooter. Not what this team needs at all. We need an efficient player who can make shots.

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agreed, and this is what I'm hoping for. But remember, the Clippers management is completely inept.

4. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

I was thinking somethin like

T-Mac+Head for Davis+Camby...get rid of T-mac and get a PG who can score, and a legit backup center who can also play PF, and to add a little spice to the mix

Charlie Villanueva for Carl Landry...Landry is good but Charlie V is 6'10 and can guard guys like boozer and KG, and can also shoot the 3, plus his contract expires after this year so that leaves us with more money to resign guys like Artest

And it works on trade machine..sorry i couldnt link it, its only linking the homepage of the trade machine site

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets...do this...

Kaman will back up Yao, and Baron will start...Kaman and Yao will be perfect for extra large teams like the Lakers.

Also if the Refs are being stupid that night against Yao...at least we have Kaman...who averages a double double I believe....

DO THIS NOW! STOP WAITING AND DO IT! JUST DO IT!

6. Bruins&RedSox21

All right, I seem to have missed something important. Where did the talk for B-Diddy start? & additionally, would the Clippers REALLY take TMac? Hes not playing for the rest of the year, right? I'm pretty confused right now. :confused: :confused:

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I do not want Kaman. He is a dealbreaker, IMO.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They would do it to get out of Baron's 4 more years of his contract.....and Tmac will be playing next year IN A CONTRACT year, so will probably be highly motivated.

Just get Tracy out of here and if you can get BDiddy and Camby, or Bdiddy and Kaman, you do it.

Got to try to win while Yao is still a viable center.

DD

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

No way they take Kaman. It's either Davis and Camby or no deal.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

They get one and a half seasons of Tmacs contract and dump 4 and a half years of Bran Davis' contract. It would be strictly a salary dump.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

DD, why would you want Baron? He is the type of player I'd think you would hate.

12. Aus_Rocket

Aus_Rocket Member

Agreed, although the contracts are ugly, this is the sole reason why you do this deal.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Getting Davis and Camby would solve at least 3 problems:

1. Getting a talented, functional player to replace McGrady.
    2. Improving our PG situation.
    3. Adding length, rebounding and shotblocking to our frontcourt.

From the Clippers perspective, they would have to be truly desperate to get rid of Davis' contract for this to make sense. There are plenty of rumors that this is the case and it's not like they are going to be competitive this season anyways.

The biggest downside for us would be Davis' contract. I don't see his contract as that bad, especially if he plays well. The contract starts at $11.25 million and increases 900K for the next 4 seasons. You have to pay for players either way and even if Davis isn't the best option in the opinion of some, Yao's window is closing fast. Without worrying too much about Davis' contract, this deal would clearly improve our team. I will be ecstatic if the deal goes down.

14. Bruins&RedSox21

Thanx for the clarification, DD. I suppose its more them wanting to get rid of Baron then acquiring somebody of great return to them. I want TMac gone as a Rocket for good, and I would welcome Davis with open arms. As long as its TMac / Head / maybe Landry? we definitely would have a solid core.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you guys any deal that would send tmac to the clippers and bring davis back would have to include brooks imo. the clippers have no real pg after davis.

if davis came here and alston stayed rafer would be on the bench and so would brooks.

the clippers would rather have brooks who has more upside and on a rookie contract.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Ha Ha! I was just thinking that.

I think, like most of us, he just wants to see Mcgrady gone.

I do, but not if Kaman is attached.

17. worzel gummidge

Has 1560 or 610 discussed this deal or revealed anything new?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why, he is a great scoring PG with fantastic vision. I wanted Baron when Francis was here and doing well.

Baron is a very good player, just not the guy you want to focus everything on, but someone that can get 20 dimes in a night...

I have been a fan of his game for YEARS.

DD

19. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Morey would be stupid then (and we all know that he isn't). You want Davis and Camby, but you'd take Davis and Kaman.

20. Goomboss

Goomboss Member

At first this deal sounded exciting, but I think Alston is still a better fit for this team than BD. Especially with the way he has played some of these last couple games, where he's taken less shots and scored less points, but gotten double digits in assists.

If Rafer can continue that trend, and there's no reason to think that he won't with Mac out, than taking on David's ridiculous contract definitely isn't worth it!