1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac for Baron Davis? (Update from Sporting News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 18, 2009.

1. HombreDeHierro

true..

at least 3 years i know. i just don't want to see another great player fade season by season =[ its sad

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Baron Davis
    Ron Artest
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

Rick the Ruler's offense

That doesn't sound bad.

3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEE

tmac + head/dorsey/even brooks

for

davis/kaman

omg

win

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

To fellow Jazz haters, as I'm sure most of you are-

If these clips don't sell you on Davis, I don't know what will...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j01q8A6pqps&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j01q8A6pqps&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTdERYOtqsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTdERYOtqsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah man, I was saying the same thing yesterday.

Baron's history implies that if he's put on a good team, he'll be healthy and ready to go. Baron doesn't like strict coaches...but player coaches who gives him the freedom he likes those. Or History shows that...

Adelman will give him the freedom he desires and Baron is not a selfish player. He actually WANTS his teammates to do well so he'll give it to Yao and Artest...well he kinda demands the ball.

If we're trading Tmac for Baron...its a risk but you have to take risk unless you're the Celtics or Lakers where other teams give you their star players.

6. Breaker

Breaker Member

Can this deal still go through? Even though T-Mac announced today that he going to be "out for the season"?

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

What I'm wondering.

8. worzel gummidge

Teams can waive a physical just like the Knicks did with Mobley.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Only if the clips allow it to happen. It sounds like they'd do it too because they want out of his contract.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now only if Les will get off his high horse and ship him out already.

11. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I doubt it but i wonder if they are considering other options. If Clippers want to dump Baron we could give them Alston, Head and Landry and a 2nd rounder.

They get 1 expiring contract this year in Head
    They get a replacement in Alston for this year and next year (clears for 2010)
    They get a productive young 4 in Landry to fill Brands shoes or trade away
    and a pick

Clippers get out from under baron's contract after it obviously failed. I doubt there are much better offers for Davis out there. Plus on a dollar to dollar level its cheaper to take these 3 than Tmac. and its pretty strong to say that 2 years of alston and 3 years of landry is probably going to be more productive than 2 years of Tmac(this year and next with this already a wash). So it makes more sense on the court.

if we did that next year we could have a starting 5 of

Baron Davis
    T-Mac
    Artest
    Scola
    Yao

that would be worth watching. we would be forced to resign artest cause with Davis and yao we would have no caproom for a long time so this would be it until it was completely blown up but "on paper" its interesting. We would have battier and brooks and wafer as the main players off the bench.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yes. It would be strictly a salary dump for The Clips.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where are you getting T-Mac in the starting lineup? Hes out, hes done with.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I dont know for sure, but I am pretty sure that after hearing Adelman on 1560, Tmac will never play another game as a Rocket. Healthy next year or not.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Are you daydreaming by putting mcgrady in the lineup?!!

16. Jacquescas

it ssaid NEXT year.... obviously this year would have Wafer or someone else starting in his place, Battier most likely.

17. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

mcgrady's career is over, at least with the rockets.

18. Jacquescas

see how it says next year, i assume this year is a wash. (first round bust or MAYBE second round tops)

19. Asian Sensation

01-05-2009, 06:14 AM #1127
    Asian Sensation
    MemberSince: Oct 1999Posts: 4,221 Member: #924
    Houston Trades:

Tracy McGrady and Rafer Alston

LA Clippers Trade:

Baron Davis and Marcus Camby

Depth Chart

Bdiddy/Brooks/Barry
    Artest/Head/Wafer
    Battier/Artest
    Scola/Landry/Hayes
    Yao/Camby/Deke

Ideal starting lineup would be:

B.diddy
    Artest
    Battier
    Camby
    Yao

Or we can go small and have a fastbreak/transition game just because we can. Also changes the tempo and gives the opposing defense different looks.

Diddy/Brooks/Artest/Battier/Landry

Let Brooks try and play the role of Monta Ellis from years past with Bdiddy running the point. Battier as lock down defender and spotting up in corner per usual. Use Artest in the opposite corner or let him post or take his man one on one. Landry and or Scola are pretty good at finishing in transition. With the proposed acquisitions we'd be incredibly flexible and complete.

Clippers lineup would be:

Alston/Jason Hart
    Mcgrady/Eric Gordon/Collins
    Thornton/Ricky Davis/ Novak
    Zach Randolph/Skinner
    Kaman/Paul Davis

This is a pretty good lineup for the Clippers and I'd say it's an improvement. We get rid of Tmac and Rafer Alston. Bdiddy is struggling, he doesn't seem to fit in and Clip fans don't seem to pleased with him. A change of scenery is desperately needed for both Mac and Diddy. We send Mac to a loser team where he belongs. Kaman's happy since he'll have his minutes back with Camby gone.

Clippers are going nowhere fast with Baron Davis right now. He's kind of holding them hostage right now as well if you really think about it. No fire/ No passion/coming off injury/not excited and or cheering for teammates/can't be seen on bench. Sounds familiar huh? Both Mcgrady and Baron's trade values are really low right now. More-so for Mcgrady I know that. However, Tracy's contract comes off the books in 2010 compared to Baron who recently signed a 5 year deal. Mcgrady will give the fans in LA something to get excited about temporarily but more importantly it gives them a bid for 2010 while we go about our business of trying to win the championship like we were originally supposed to. We cannot have Tracy dragging ass and holding us back. Each day and game things are only getting worse. Our window of opportunity is this year and next year. Yao/Artest/Shane are not getting any younger or better for that matter. If Baron Davis was excited to have an opportunity to play alongside Elton Brand before he bolted then he should be ecstatic to play with Yao and Artest and likewise from Yao/Artest. I really think this is a win-win situation for everyone. Make it happen!

I originally proposed this deal over a month ago in the random trade thread. It made a lot of sense at the time for both parties. Considering the way Tracy sabotaged us however (intentionally or not), by saying things like he'll come back stronger than ever, back to 100%, I'll have the last laugh etc. I think we reluctantly didn't trade him and might have shot ourselves in the foot with Mac's latest news.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I would be more intrigued if another outlet started running with this story. Never really heard of this Deveney guy. Is he reliable?