1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac for Baron Davis? (Update from Sporting News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 18, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

B.Diddy, Artest, Yao.....WOW! I like that! (prays)

2. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Because Les is in love with T-Mac and said he doesn't want him traded. You have to listen to your boss or else your going to get fired. 2nd trading away 2 starters is risky and might hurt out chemistry but we are sooooo deep. With the emergence of ( I can't believe I'm saying this lol) Von Wafer and having Artest on the bench who is a starter will not hurt. Also im sure if a trade like this was to happen there would be another trade to get a wing or we could pick a body up in free agent.

3. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

I guess no deal would be done. The club always have the option to sit Tmac till the end of 2010 if they wants to.......

4. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

BTW, If you are going with this then this is horrible. Why would you want a 10mil dollar back up center who is just has injury prone as T-Mac. He won't see the floor that much with Yao Scola and Landry playing well. This is just a bad idea.

5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

If the Clips are willing to absorb Tmacs contract, I think this is a nobrainer.

6. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

7. mms

mms Member

Obviously Morey is selling Tmac hard. What Les said was just some kind of damage control procedure.

You dont know the chem after Baron gets here. We were deep when tmac was here but we didn't have chem and the whole team is underachieved. So it's not about the depth, it's all about chemistry. Baron is also a problematic player. He has some history in Hornets and now in LA. It's very risky to have him in the team and his contract makes him even more dangerous asset.

If we can get him and camby w/o losing our basic lineup, we will have some room for error but of coz Morey doesn't like the idea.

8. xiaohai

xiaohai Member

Davis better than Tracy McGrady,because he is more like a Man.

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

^^ with Mcgrady more Merman?

10. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

I don't believe this. Everyone is always saying stay away from problem players blah blah blah. If they can play why not go after them. Artest was a problem player while he was with the Bulls, Pacers, and the Kings. Look where he is now. Who cares if the player is a problematic player as long as you have guys on the team that would tell them to chill out why not take a chance. Also winning solves all of that. Winning takes away alot of problems :D

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! Nice post...

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

we need to do this trade...this would get my belief back in managments.....there have no reason to keep TMAC on the roster...pointless, useless

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

TMAC will not get Microfrature surgery....why would he ..next year is a contract year for him...he wants to get paid...if he gets the surgery, he won't play next season..no team will give him big money in his last contract...thats why I think this is just a ploy by TMAC...it doesn't make any sense for him...he just doesn't want to get traded...which is low for him to sabotage the Rockets...
    I will be so happy if Morey somehow trades him...just get us something in return and I woiuld love to stick it to STACY!!!

14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Damn! I know this wont freakin happen.....stuff like this never happens for the Rockets.

If it is Kaman and Baron for Tracy McLady.....look at that lineup!

Baron
    Wafer
    Shane
    Scola
    Yao

Ron
    Rafer (back to the bench as a back-up which he really is)
    Landry
    Kaman
    Barry
    Brooks
    Hayes

Deke/Dorsey relegated to suits, while Deke is playing player coach.

How could they not be favored to win???

15. mms

mms Member

My main point is losing 2 starters for Baron is a high risk move. Even if he behaves himself good, that doesn't mean we surely will have good chem. As to Ron, he is the reason for our locker room issues (if you dont believe there were no issues) and finally Tmac went out of control. Baron has huge ego so it's hard to say if we can stay in the right track.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Isn't the trade deadline in like 40 minutes?

I guess nothing will happen.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't waste your breath. JKillaD23 hates any trade involving tmac and will rationalize it in any way possible.

18. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

That looks like a pretty good deal. Lets do it.

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Tons of trades get announced later in the day. Bottleneck syndrome.