1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac for Baron Davis? (Update from Sporting News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 18, 2009.

1. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

im getting nervous guys! i hope morey pulls this deal off ... BABY BARON! PLZPLZPLZPLZOLZPLZPLZ!

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

This deal is dead as can be. Not happening unless Morey shocks us. No big deal is happening. Most likely to stand pat.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you call that simple?

I call that highway robbery.

If morey does anything like that they should start building his memorial next to Dream's right now

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know the deal is pretty much dead but this is what one guy had to say. Probably not a source but I would do that deal, def.

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-2964.html#42802

"I heard on another board that it could Shane Battier, Rafer Alston, and a 2010 first-round pick (instead of McGrady) for Baron Davis. That's not a bad trade idea...hell, it wouldn't make us more worse than we are now. Battier gives the Clippers much need defense on the perimeter, plus a he's a good outside shooter, and Alston can be streaky but probably wouldn't be that bad of a Baron Davis replacement."

-Mr.Hill from Clippers forum

5. mms

mms Member

If that goes through, Morey better start to find another job.

6. c6111

c6111 New Member

No,we can't trade Alston.

7. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Why is that. I believe that is a steal for us honestly. Giving up Battier, Rafer Aslton and a 2010 first round pick for Baron Davis while still keeping Artest. Why would Morey have to find another job. I would say Morey needs to be given a medal if that was to happen. Even though i don't believe it but that would be crazy.

8. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

I agree with JKilla. Ron cancels out Battier b/c he is just as good on D as Shane plus he's a bigger offensive threat. I would LOVE the baron. Bring it on DMoney!

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who said we can't trade Reefer?

And why not?

Just because he 'knows' the offense doesn't mean that he shouldn't get traded. If you have a viable upgrade at PG then I say you should make a trade.

I consider that an excuse, Veteran NBA PG's are generally smart players and can learn a system easily, just need time to accumulate themselves to a new team.

10. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

let me add that I'll jump all over this deal regardless of the contract Davis has. what are we playing for. Are you worried about the contract or winning a ring. Might I add that I don't even think those 2 guys contracts adds up with Davis. Would that deal even work? Battier Alston 2010 1st round pick for Davis. Hmmmm i see failure all over it. Salaries don't match i can see it now.

11. mms

mms Member

Morey doesn't want to lose Battier and take back BD's fat contract. Your trade actually achieve both impossible missions.

12. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My problem with Baron Davis isn't the money, it's the talent. He's just not as good as people seem to think.

14. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

I'm not sure who posted it but it was said in an article earlier, its in one of these threads, that Morey wouldn't mind taking on a large contract. He wants to do whats best for the team something like that. As for losing Battier I think he can be replaced. I love his fundamentals and all but guys like Battier can be replaced. Artest is a 2way player who can spell Battier. Plus if you have a deal like this you shouldn't have to think twice about it.

15. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Lol would this make you think twice about gettin him here. :D :D Look closely at the team he is playing :D :D :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j01q8A6pqps&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j01q8A6pqps&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. mms

mms Member

Then why wouldn't Morey do BD Tmac trade while the only downside is long contract? Also, trading 2 of your starters away definitely hurts the chem and we dont have much time to try. If BD doesn't work well, we are screwed in every aspect.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

more importantly look at what round of the playoffs it is

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Youtube highlights are the worst way to judge a player's value.

19. mms

mms Member

BTW, I vote for Mac and BD+Camby deal.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

if we can ditch a useless body for one that scores I think it'd be a good move. As long as he'd fit in with Adelman's system and fast.