1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac for Baron Davis? (Update from Sporting News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 18, 2009.

1. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

If what you speak of would have to look like this...

Mcgrady to LA
    Davis to Golden state
    Maggette, Camby and Brandan wright or Azubuike to houston

Azubuike has to agree on trade but if not brandan wright would work as well!

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5028008

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Those "denials" mean nothing. He made those comments before McGrady had the surgery revelation. Now he can simply say things changed after that, he wants to compete this year, yada yada yada...

3. Jaee

Jaee Member

I'm sure you mean Baron Davis back to the team that he moved away from in the offseason, the Warriors. And i think wherever you heard that from, the source obviously havent thought if this trade would work in terms of salaries. Hell i would not mind this trade but it won't happen

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its not that far fetched. We've heard rumblings of a Davis to GSW deal. I wonder if GMs slept last night?

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I was hoping there would be more trade possibilities going on when I got up than just the one that numerous sources have now said wont happen...

6. Jaee

Jaee Member

Go back to sleep and wake up in a few hours :p

7. worzel gummidge

I wouldn't expect any new articles until noon.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I would if it werent for this damned thing called "work." :)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a heck of a lot more appealing to me!

10. ibm

ibm Member

based on reports out there, the clippers were willing to take mcgrady but we don't want baron. so it's either we're asking some other clippers or it's gotta be a 3-team deal.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sold, Sold it, Sold. Take the change and go Morey before the Lakers come a callin'.

12. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

wait wait wait for tracy was traded!!!!

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

14. 9495

9495 Member

First time to post here. Here is my humble opinion:
    1) This is not the year for the Rockets to win the championship. Second round in the playoffs would have been a huge progress in the loaded West.
    2) Give Yao a chance, to see what he is capable of with this group of talented players around him. Looks like he has gained the trust of his teammates. Minus Mcgrady, they still have time to gell before the playoffs. Home court for first round is a reachable goal. If they still can't pass the first round, the management has to think twice before giving Yao the maximum contract when he is 30.
    3) Surgery of not, Mcgrady's status has to be closely monitored. His expiring contract is more valuable next year for picking up additional building blocks. Don't make a desperate trade at the last minute for just one season (such as BDavis/Kaman with their long contracts).
    4) Without Mcgrady and those bad contracts, for sure Rockets can make a play in the 2010 free agent market. Hopefully, by that time, Yao's window hasn't closed yet.

Good luck Rockets!

15. buckinfaller

buckinfaller New Member

16. kept2aminimum

kept2aminimum Member

17. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Wow, no way the other two teams do this. The league will be in an uproar! Much more so than last year's Gasol trade.

This is ridiculously in favor of us.

18. rockets018

rockets018 Member

CBS is garbage... Their fantasy is horrible even though you pay a crapload for them to run it, they constantly provide mis information and report false reports.

I won't believe this til a more viable source reports this.

19. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

20. buckinfaller

buckinfaller New Member

Very true. Due to the current economic situation and teams wanting to dump salary by acquiring expiring contracts I can see some very contraversial trades going down today.