1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Syria is heartbreaking.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dankstronaut, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

i give credit when it's due : you are one of kind on this D&D,you are not a shia in closet, honest to what you are ,nothing like a taqiyah-less guy .I hope others follow your example

-you admits they have a better life but this is a different topic
    -Israel/US/Turkey/Saudi/Qatar are not the one who rape their own Shiea in prisons , it's your mullahs , and this is not exclusively a sick systematic abuse toward oppositions only , it is a way of life that target every member of the society there
    Shias: “Come, let us sleep with your wife, daughter, and sister, so the Mahdi may return”
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2008/10/...e-daughter-and-sister-so-the-mahdi-may-return

"The Shiite faithful believe that in the world’s darkest hour, Imam Mahdi will return and bring justice and calm. But where mainstream Shiite believers wait patiently for that day, groups such as the one that tried to enlist Iman are convinced that they can hasten his reappearance by spreading chaos."

-insanity is not limited to Khomeini-khamenei , there is a dozen of shitty mullahs who are enlisted in Imam Mahdi army in Iraq alone who claims to speak directly to Imam Almahdi and taking direct orders , "Bring the chao ,Mahdi will return"

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This isn't about being Shia or Sunni. I'm not sure why you always bring that up. This has to do with green and black.

At the end of the day, the Shia armies are the ones fighting ISIS since you bring it up. Which side are you on?

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

well it's not about poor palestinian either.

if you are under the illusion that Iran-Syria under attack from their enemies , then think again: they are their own people worst enemy, no hater wish those people worst than that . a guy like Shah of Iran an enlightened with ambitious plan for his nation is a threat , those Mullah/Army who grabbed the power aren't.

iranian militias that known to public exceeds 40 militias , each is on bar with ISIS, they coordinate to ruins it people

Iranian- militias flags :

[​IMG]

4. TheresTheDagger

I had wanted to watch this doc on TV the other night, but was busy and couldn't. FRONTLINE is one of the few true journalism programs left in this country. Thanks for the link.

I also watched it and along with what you wrote above, it also shows the fractures in the Obama administration about what exactly to do and more importantly how to "frame" the situation to the american people. I hate the word "frame". What that word really means is we want to be political with regards to how to describe what is going on instead of simply being honest. This is one of the MAIN reason the public doesn't trust politicians.

In any case...all the descriptions of the Obama administration downplaying bad news while touting successes that weren't really there have been verified with this documentary. I particularly found interesting the Obama claim he never believed in a plan to create a Syrian Free Army...even after he asked congress for the $500 million needed to fund it. Head shaking stuff.

One thing I will credit Obama for. He constantly asks "If we do this action you recommend...what happens next?" That is the right question to ask. What I will criticize him for is the idea that "Doing nothing" is also a choice with consequences. Those consequences are hundreds of thousands dead, hundreds of thousands more migrating to Europe and America, Russian involvement in the Syrian issue, strained relations with a NATO ally...Turkey, tremendous pressure applied to our ally Jordan, and a Saudi Arabia fed up with waiting for American leadership taking matters in their own hands while suspicously eyeing Iran after our horrible nuclear deal which threatens destabilization between Iran/Saudi Arabia.

That is the legacy of the last 5 years of stepping back from leadership in that region. I hope whomever is elected next doesn't continue these failed policies.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, but we can count it as a strike against anyone who would ally themselves with Assad.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll have to ask some friends who work in Middle East analysis what they think should've been done in the early days of the revolution against Assad and why a Libya-like approach wasn't taken (although the consequences of that have also not been good). I don't know if regional powers like Iran and Saudi Arabia were already gearing up for a proxy war in Syria after seeing regimes in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia go down (and protests squashed in Bahrain and Algeria). The early days of the Arab Spring were tumultuous for longtime regimes and I don't know how proactive the huge players would've been as protests spread around the region.

I largely agree with you: I think President Obama wanted, above all else, to avoid another full-scale war in the Middle East. The American public's appetite for more intervention was nil and I believe he chose the politically easy solution (not doing much of anything in the early days) over a more involved presence. Once Assad dug his heels in and began using chemical weapons/barrel bombs against his own people, the situation devolved into what we see today. Vacuums were created that allowed groups hated by everybody around them (ISIS, Syrian rebels, Kurds) to gain position and fight to a stalemate. While I'm largely appreciative of President Obama's reluctance to get us involved in large-scale military action, I do think his hesitancy in Syria was a mistake. I see no way forward for that country or the regional powers that have asserted themselves directly or covertly.

#46 mtbrays, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    TheresTheDagger likes this.
  7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-syrian-refugee-crisis-immigration/

Watch the story about it on 60 minutes.

90%+ of these people are just in a bad situation. They aren't terrorists. They just want to get out.