1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sylvester Stallone Used HGH

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Refman, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I guess he'll get a Congressional subpeona soon
    NEW YORK -- Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use.

"HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed." Because it is nearly undetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" movie, which arrived in theatres Friday.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Isn't it legal, though?

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I do not believe that the substance is legal. Not sure, but I believe this is a controlled substance. They are dragging all kinds of athletes into Congress to testify about it. If Congress has their collective panties in a bunch about the stuff, why would they not hound an actor who has also made millions off its use?

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Put an asterisk on his Walk of Fame *Star.

6. g1184

g1184 Member

does HGH affect your health and well being like anabolic steroids (rage, big head, small dick, acne) ?

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I know alot of weightlifters and other people at the gym who take HGH. You can get it prescribed by a physician pretty easily. I really haven't heard of that many side effects to this. From what I know its just a supplement to naturally forming substances in the body. You heal faster, you lose fat faster, you build muscle better. Its a pretty good supplement regime, but relatively expensive.

HGH is used in the mainstream health community to treat such things as MS, obesity and the most common use is in all these anti-aging clinics.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

It was funny to see him say that his problem in Australia was "just a misunderstanding".

Not only did he bring in enough HGH to keep a herd of elephants going for years, but when they knocked at his hotel room on time his staff started throwing all sorts of things out the hotel window so they didnt get caught with it.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ban him from the Hall of Fame.

10. mishii

mishii Contributing Member

I might be wrong, but I really don't know any "mainstream" health community that has solid clinical evidence that HGH is a therapy for MS or obesity. I know it is not FDA approved for either. MS has much better drugs, the anti-inflammatories, while obesity really has only a couple of approved pharmacological therapies (none of which really work all that well compared to say gastric bypass or banding surgeries). The anti-aging is its most touted role, but again it has not to my knowledge been proven in any controlled clinical setting.

One of the side-effects I could imagine is its possible tumor-inducing role as a growth factor (all growth factors have this potential problem). Just because your body naturally makes it, does not mean that it would be safe or even effective to take it at high doses.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

So how much is it to get some?

12. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

If it's good enough for Cobra, it's good enough for me.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

In other news, Elton John is gay.