1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SXSW

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chrisjent, Feb 6, 2007.

1. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

SXSW is only a month and change away, and the official band listing has yet to be released. Still, there have been a number of leaks from various band websites/my space pages, etc. Pasted, and reformatted, below are 500 or so bands that are confirmed to be playing (from austinist.com). For those of ya'll coming from parts unknown, and for anybody that cares, a few of my favorite local acts that will have showcases (and be playing various day parties) include:

White Ghost Shivers
    Weary Boys
    Octopus Project
    Black Angels
    Ghostland Observatory
    Brothers and Sisters
    Mother Truckers

Without further ado...a partial list (it'll grow to over 1,400+ bands once the official list is released):

SXSW Performers as of February 5, 2007:

+/- , 120 Days, 22-Pistepirkko, 28costumes, 65daysofstatic, Ad Astra Per Aspera, Against Me!, Airbourne, Akimbo , Albert Hammond Jr., Alela Diane, Alexi Murdoch, Alina Simone , Allison, AM , AM Syndicate, Amy Millan, Amy Winehouse, An Angle, Andrew Winton, Andrew WK, Ane Brun, Annuals, Antibalas, Apes & Androids, Apollo Sunshine, Apostle Of Hustle, Apples In Stereo, Aqualung, Aqueduct, Architecture In Helsinki, Ariel Pink, As He Bled, As Tall As Lions, Asobi Seksu, Attack Formation, Audible Mainframe , Awesome Cool Dudes,

Badly Drawn Boy, Band Of Bees, Bang Gang, Baptist Generals, Barzin, Battle, Beach House, Bears, Beasts Of Bourbon, Bedroom Walls, Berko, Besnard Lakes, Best Fwends, Bic Runga, Big A little a, Big Business, Bishop Allen, Black Fiction, Black Helicopter, Black Lips, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Black Rose Band, Blake Miller, Blindspott, Bloc Party, Blonde Redhead, Bloody Hollies, Blues Control, Bonde Do Role, Boris, Bosque Brown, Bound Stems, Brave Radar, Brett Dennen, Brothers & Sisters, Buffalo Killers, Buildings Breeding,

Call Me Lightning, Calla, Callisto, Canada, Car Stereo (Wars), Carly Binding, Casket Salesmen, Castanets, Catfish Haven, Charalambides, Charlie Louvin, Children Collide, Chingo Bling, Chris Bathgate, Chris Garneau, Chris Lee, Chris Mills, Chris Smither, Circa Survive, Clipd Beaks, Clouds, Cold War Kids, Crooked Still, Crystal Castles, Cute Is What We Aim For,

Dallas Crane, Damien Dempsey, Daniel Johnston, Danny Saul, Dark Meats, Datarock, Daughters, David and the Citizens, David Cross, David Vandervelde, Daylight's For The Birds, Dead Rock West, Dead Town Revival, Dear and the Headlights, Deerhunter, Delorentos, Demander, Devin The Dude, Die! Die! Die, Dimmer, Diplo, Dirty Fuzz, Dirty On Purpose, Dirty Projectors, Disco Ensemble, Do Make Say Think, Dosh, Dujeous, Duncan Sheik,

Ecstatic Sunshine, Eilen Jewell, Elemeno P, Emily Haines, Emma Pollock (ex-Delgados), Emmylou Harris, Erase Errata, Errors, Eugene, Eugene McGuinness, Evangelicals, Evermore, Every Move a Picture, Experimental Aircraft,

Faceless Werewolves, Fancy, Fatal Flying Guilloteens, Ferraby Lionheart, Field Guides, Fight the Quiet, Fionn Regan, Flosstradamus, Foals, Forward Russia, Four Year Strong, Frida Hyvonen, Friends of Dean Martinez, Frog Eyes, Fujiya & Miyagi, Future Of The Left,

Gallows, Gasoline Cowboy, George Byrne, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly., Ghostland Observatory, Girl Talk, Glacier Hiking, Go! Go! 7188, Golden Dogs, Good Shoes, Grand Island, Great Lakes Myth Society, Gruff Rhys,

Hadouken, Hard Lessons, Haunt (Matt Hebert), Hazey Janes, Headlights, Hedrons, Hello Stranger, Hera, Hero Pattern, High Dials, Hit By a Bus, Holy ****, Honeycut, Honeydogs, Hoodoo Gurus, Hopewell, Hot Club De Paris, Hot Cross, House of Fools, Hummersqueal, HY, Hymns,

I Heart Hiroshima, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, I Walk The Line, IAMX, Ian Wadley, Ice Age Cobra, iLiKETRAiNS, Imperial Teen, IV Thieves,

Jamie T, Jandek, Jape, Jeffrey Foucault, Jeremy Warmsley, Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter, Jessie Deluxe, Jesu, John Digweed, Johnossi, Josh Pyke,

Kaki King, Kate Walsh, KBC, Kill Surf City, Kings Of Leon, Kiosk, Kris Delmhorst, Kristoffer Ragnstam, KTU,

Lab Partners, Ladybug Transistor, Ladyhawk, Land of Talk, Les Savy Fav, Lexie Mountain Boys, Lily Allen, Lionheart Brothers, Lions in the Street, Little Birdy, Little Man, Little Man Tate, Little Ones, Lodger, Loney Dear, Los Abandoned, Louis XIV, Love In October, Loxsly, Luminous Orange, LZ Love,

Macromantics, Mae-Shi, Magik Markers, Magnet, Malajube, Mando Diao, Marca, Margot and the Nuclear So And Sos, Marnie Stern, Mason Proper, Mastodon, Mates Of State, Matt & Kim, Meat Puppets, Melissa Ferrick, Menomena, Messiah J & The Expert, Metermaids, Mezklah, Michael Zapruder's Rain Of Frogs, Michelle Shocked, Mickey Avalon, Midlake, Mika, Mika Miko, Minipop, Mint Chicks, Moe., Money Waters, Monotract, Mooney Suzuki, Moonlight Towers, Morning After Girls, Mother Truckers, MSTRKRFT, Mud, Mute Math, MV+EE, My Latest Novel,

Nellie McKay, New Buffalo, New Violators, New Young Pony Club, Nicole Atkins,

O'Death, Oakley Hall, Octave Museum, OFFICE, Okkervil River, Oh No! Oh My!, Oppenheimer, Oreska Band, OWKMJ (Ore Wa Konna Mon Janai), Oxbow, Oxford Collapse, Ozomatli,

Pagoda, Painkiller Hotel, Palm School Choir, Panthers, Patrice Pike, Pattern Is Movement, Paul Collins Beat, Paul Kelly, Pelican, Pete Townshend, Peter & the Wolf, Peter Elkas, Phonograph, Pig Out, Pilot Spiral, Pink Nasty, Pistol Valve, Plan B, Popup, Protokoll, Prototypes,

Quetzal,

Rachel Fuller, Rachel Sage, Rahim, Razorlight, Real Ones, Reigning Sound, Richard Swift, Richmond Fontaine, Riverboat Gamblers, RJD2, Robbers on High Street, Robyn Hitchcock, Rock Plaza Central, Rocky Votolato, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Ruby Isle, Rumble Strips,

San Saba County, Sarah Blasko, Sasquatch, Saturday Looks Good To Me, Say Hi To Your Mom, Schoolboy Humor, Scissor Sisters, Scout's Honor, Sean Lennon, Secretary Bird, Shaky Hands, **** Disco, Shout Out Out Out, Simian Mobile Disco, Simple Kid, Sinden, Sissy Wish, Six Nation State, Sloan, Small Sins, Snowden, So So Modern, Sondre Lerche, Sonic Flyer, Soular, Sparkle Motion, Spektrum, Spod, Starky, Stars of Track and Field, Stax 50th Anniversary Soul Review, Steel Train, Steve Earle, Stiletto Formal, Subtle, Sunburned, Sunwrae,

Tall Firs, Tally Hall, Teitur, Temposhark, The 50 Kaitens, The Affair, The Amity Front, The Attorneys, The Automatic, The Berg Sans Nipple, The Big Sleep, The Black Angels, The Black Hollies, The Boggs, The Bravery, The Broken West, The Caribbean, The Cinematics, The Comas, The Creteens, The Dears, The Deaths, The Early November, The Early Years, The Emeralds, The Envy Corps, The Ettes, The Frames, The Fratellis, The Gear, The Gentle Good, The Good, The Bad, and The Queen, The Have, The Hero Factor, The Horrors, The Hot Puppies, The Hourly Radio, The Immediate, The Isles, The Lucky Stiffs, The Melismatics, The Melvins, The Moaners, The Moog, The Narrator, The Needles, The Octopus Project, The Old Soul, The Panda Band, The Phoenix F oundation, The Photo Atlas, The Pipettes, The Ponys, The Presets, The Rosebuds, The Sammies, The Scare, The Secret Fire, The Shivers, The Shondes, The Shys, The Silent Years, The Sleeping, The Soft Hands, The Sterns, The Stooges, The Storys, The Strange Boys, The Sunshine Underground, The Theater Fire, The Thunder Boys, The View, The Walkmen, The Weird Weeds, The White Barons, The Wildhearts, The Wombats, The Young Knives, The Zebras, These Arms Are Snakes, Thinking Aloud, Thirteen Seconds, Thunderbirds Are Now!, Thurston Moore, Tigercity, Tin Bangs, Tiny Masters Of Today, Tokyo Police Club, Tom Brosseau, Tom Morello, Trainwreck Riders, Turbonegro, Twilight Sad,

Uncrowned, Uncut, Under Byen, Union Of Knives,

Via Tania, Victorian English Gentleman's Club, Village Green, Vincent Black Shadow, Vincent Van Go Go, Viva Voce, VNV Nation, Voxtrot,

W-S Burn, Walter Meego, Watson Twins, Waxplanet, Wendy Colonna, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Wild Eyes, Winterkids, Winterpills, Wolf and Cub, Wooden Shjips, Wooden Wand, Working For A Nuclear Free City,

X-Wife,

YACHT, Yip Yip, Yoko Ono, You Am I, Young Galaxy, Young Love, Youth Group, Yuppie Pricks,

Zach Galifianakis

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

3. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Thanks Leroy,

Might want to add my post to that thread...New bands have been released since the last posting. And how could anyone not want my recs? ;)