1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Switched to Comcast bc of CSN but now I've had it!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I have att now, but comcast internet destroys uverse. Even at the same level comcast internet is just so much faster.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love Comcast's product. The new box, the internet speed, the production quality of CSN. But yeah, should you have a problem and need to contact their customer service - you're ****ed. Absolutely ****ed.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

*When it is working.

A huge problem with Comcast for me was the internet going out. No rhyme or reason it would just stop working for an hour or two. Tried about 10 different routers and modems to no avial. Tested lines and the works. They simply couldn't give me a good reason for the outages.

Meanwhile, U-verse just keeps on ticking. It could be faster, but I'll sacrifice a bit of speed for stability - especially considering I work from home frequently. With that said, U-verse TV blows Comcast out of the water.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Never had an issue with them that wasn't fixed in a timely and friendly manner. Plus they're a great source of free AA batteries.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

This just happened to me again yesterday. Horrible.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Regarding internet, this is 100% my experience. Since the internet speeds in U-Verse are plenty fast enough for the streaming I do, reliability easily trumps speed this time.

The difference in TV was the whole-home DVR of U-Verse vs Comcast not having it. Forget everything else: This reason alone is why I could never go back to Comcast.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I don't think DirecTV blows in my opinion. Or Verizon Fios but that's not available in the Houston area.

I'm a happy Comcast internet subscriber. 105mbps service. The uptime on my router is about about 9+ months currently. Haven't turned it off since. Probably last time was due to a power outage.

Just don't use your own equipment with Comcast. I use a Buffalo Airstation router with DD-WRT on it and a Motorola 6141 as my modem. Got QOS setup (although probably not necessary with all my bandwidth), even have a VPN setup externally so I can be on my home network without actually being there, and it works great everywhere.

**** CSN. They will never be able to stop me from watching my Rockets and I'm a happy direcTV subscriber.

8. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

BALLSTREAMS DOT MUTHA FREAKIN COM!!

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How do you get the batteries?

Btw, have had Comcast for a year and other than having to call a robot to resend signal to my box a couple of times (signal comes back immediately) I've had zero problems with them.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Uverse + ballstreams FTW

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ilMx7k7mso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't wait for Google to start forcing these lazy telecom companies to actually you know IMPROVE THEIR PRODUCT.
    Why the **** am I paying $80/mo for 50mbps when I could get Google's 1000mbps internet for $70/mo.

WTF!!!!!! Please Google. SAVE US.

#31 RedRedemption, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

LOL! Now that's funny.

I love U-verse's wireless receivers too. I didn't have to run ugly cables all over the condo to get TV where I wanted it.

DirecTV is a great service if it isn't storming. No complaints otherwise. I had to opt for U-verse for the wireless receiver. If I didn't have U-verse I'd have DirecTV.

The whole internet speed problem in the US sucks! I'm in Austin right now, and AT&T is offering a 300Mbps for $75 a month - because Google is here to wake their asses up with Google Fiber. Which basically tells me they can offer that kind of speed anywhere, they are just too damn greedy to do it.