1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift a Rocket!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I don't know if any players have complained or not but I do understand if people don't like it. I don't like it because it seems more like a celebration of himself as in, "look what I just did." Yes I do get a kick out of the "3" sign but that was more of a team celebration IMO. Not only did the other teammates on the floor flash the "3" but so did the bench. I don't think they ever directed it towards the other team, It always seemed like it was at each other.

I'll have to get use to it, but I doubt I'll ever find the same amusement from it.

2. aries323

aries323 Member

3. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

I too don't like Stro's post-dunk behavior. I just think that his celebration is different from other players' celebrations. Stro's behavior is more like being obsessed with himself. But for other players, say TMac, after he executes a nasty dunk, TMac will most likely celebrate with his teammates or there'd be some form of interaction with his teammates. For Stro, he'd just keep to himself.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

you guys need to take a chill pill... just be happy that we got the dude

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

much ado about nothing.

unless he allows his celebration to interfere with getting back on D...I dont care what he does.
    That is why sometimes I wish Deke wouldnt take the time for the wag...it keeps him from getting downcourt into the offense with everyone else....and when you are as slow up the court as Deke...that aint good.

but it isnt a dealbreaker...I like Swift..and I want Deke back..so again...I refer you back to the first line in this post.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nice video ~ Swift is going to be sick in Houston. :cool:

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

This is a bad thing? :D

9. Coogie3

Coogie3 Member

Marko on the market

Jul 22 - According to the L.A. Times, the Clippers are open to a sign-and-trade deal involving their restricted free agent, Marko Jaric. "The Clippers made it clear that they're very interested in re-signing Marko," agent Bill Duffy said, "but on the other hand they would not stand in his way if there was a great situation that was mutually beneficial to the Clippers and to Marko."

I know it is but a dream, but it looks like the Clips are looking at any offers for Jaric. Who wouldn't want to trade Jaric for Wesley, James, and or Spoon? HA! :rolleyes:

10. funksoultrader

I don't like excessive or unprovoked taunting, but I guess I just was expecting a lot worse from the video given some of the prior comments. My biggest concern is that it not be over the top, and more important, as someone has pointed out, that it not stop a guy from getting back on D.

But to be honest, I probably mind the celebration a good bit less now that I know he's coming to us. For example, a good friend from Phoenix hates Mario Elie because of the kiss of death, but I will admit I did not mind it as much as he did.

11. funksoultrader

I understand why it rubs some people the wrong way, and I think that's fair. It's all a matter of degrees - clearly some celebrating is ok and encouraged, but there's a line between celebrating and taunting or self absorption. I guess I see Stro's as still being ok with that line, though I haven't seen enough of him apart from clips, so others may fairly have a different view.

In the NFL, for example, I think Tomlinson is a stud for the way he just hands the ball to a ref after scoring a TD, and yet I also enjoy Priest Holmes's signature move after his TDs. But there are some obvious wide receivers who I think are way over the line of entertaining.

I'm curious if anyone thinks Stro is over the top, but Deke's finger wag is ok?

I guess if a guy is supposed to be a jerk, I find his on court antics more objectionable, but when everyone seems to say a guy is a good guy, it seems a little more all in good fun to me. I get the sense that people think Stro's a decent guy off the court, so maybe I'm biased to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the limited clips I've seen.

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is unhappy with him being here because of that. We're just chatting about it so there is nothing to chill from.

13. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Regarding Swift and accusations that he often doesn't play hard and is unmotivated and so on, I think it will help have Tracy there by him telling him, Look, I have openly admitted that i was the same way, taking plays and even games off, but since coming here to Houston i have changed, and under JVG and his system i felt comfortable and confident in giving 100 percent every night. I expect 100% from you, and u can definitely expect that from me.

Something to that sort, but with probably a few more different or choice words

14. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i dont think there is anything wrong with that sign he does. it only pissed me off when he had just slammed on yao. if i were watching a game with two teams not named rockets, i could care less.

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Oh, while this thread is still alive, I just wanted to gloat about completely calling this Swift signing during midseason.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=89023

Thank you. Thank you. Please hold your applause. ;)

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

good call m_c ;)

mogrod,

well, certainly...he needs to be there for rebounds. :p

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can we change the lyrics from cold hard b**** to Stomile Swift, i think it would be funny, actually make a full song out of it.

18. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I think alot of you guys are forgetting that stromile turned down 8-9 million a year to stay with the grizzlies. Did he turn that offer down because he wanted more money? Nope,He wanted a chance to start and Jerry West couldnt guarentee that since he is playing behind Pau, who the grizzlies signed to a large contract which means he wont be playing behind anybody.

Im not really worried about swift slacking off or underachieving with the rockets. The interviews with his agent said that Swift wanted to play under JVG, with JVGs reputation Swift knows that if he doesnt play 100% hes not goin to be anywhere near the court.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

[​IMG]

You narcissistic b*stard.

Why don't you go quote yourself in your sig.

[​IMG]

:D

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I recommended trying to get Swift back in March 2002:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=31154&highlight=Swift

Then again, I think I must have proposed hypothetical trades involving about 93 % of all current and former NBA players, so that doesn't really mean too much :D.