1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift a Rocket!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Do you plan to reup it so others can see it too?

http://www.yousendit.com/

Don't be a leech, they suck

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Where did I say that T-mac couldn't be voted in at the forward position. I just said that Duncan and KG would definitely get more votes than Stro, and so would T-mac if he was listed as a forward. I didn't say anything about T-mac's chances vs Duncan or KG.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys ended up starting. T-mac and KG are very popular and Duncan has a lot of credentials as a great player so he would be in the mix as well. It would be a close vote if they all went head to head.

3. Asian Sensation

I have no problem with him throwing up some signs or striking a pose..... Hell I'd be doing the same thing if I could do a reverse put back jam or come down the lane lookin to be out of control only to do a 180 left hand dunk.

As for staring opponents down..... I think a lot of players do that whether it's to put fear in an opponent or just to see the look on an opponent after getting posterized. Either way it's out of competition. As for swinging your legs on an opponents head i agree its not cool...... unless of course it's on Dirks head.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Definitely good news that Rocks picked up Swift. But it's a start, not a final piece.

We still need to get more if we're going to compete with San Antonio. We might match up with Dallas now though.

I'd still think we have a plethora of old/inexperienced guards and I'd love to see some of them moved for a true upgrade.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yao will teach him the way of the Sabonis, dunk and don't look back.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'd rather Swift teach Yao the way of the teabag.

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I still can't believe it. I mean Stro's last name is SWIFT. His last name alone by definition tells you he is for REAL!!!!! :eek:

8. aries323

aries323 Member

Nope, Thanks there captain obvious. I think you basically repeated my post...

At least we`re thinking along the same lines here.

Except one thing bothers me, Isnt Webber making Max and I know Stromile at this point in their career can play as good if not better than Webber... :eek:

Thanks for trying though

9. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I thought he already had? :D

10. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I know this isn't in the right post but I'm guessing we have forgotten about the 50 states espn poll because it is so far down the list now. But Emmitt has overtaken Hakeems spot and the Rockets are only leading the cowboys on most memorable list by .2%!!! I'm trying hard to keep the lead but they keep catching up. Come on Clutch fans lets get Houston back on top I can't do it alone! Over 145,000 votes now, I probably count for at least 400 of them.

11. famicom

famicom Member

LOL It's the only thing I'm seeing now that you mentioned it...well she's a kick as s fan!

12. famicom

famicom Member

Alright fellow posters, it seems yall need the Swift video...I hope this is the right one..

HTML:
    http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10B9MQRU2IQBZ276X6PR73SSSW

13. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

I actually like it when stromile swift throws up the Birdman sign after every dunk. it just shows that he can fly when he throws it up. it looks cool, and very gangsta!!!!!!!

14. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

[​IMG] [/IMG]

15. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Someone should really complain about that...all I would want is just the credit to Clutch.

16. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

No wait.....never mind. :eek:

17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

19. funksoultrader

Great job on that video. But what's all the hullabaloo over Swift's post-dunk behavior? I was expecting a lot of unsportsmanlike behavior and taunting based on what I was reading in this thread, but after seeing it, my reaction was, "huh?". I guess I don't see how Swift is any different from any other of the league's highflying dunkers. Someone pointed this out, but seems he does the stare downs mainly when he gets whacked across the face and still completes the dunk. And does he really do more stare downs than the Carters and Bryants and Stoudamires of the world?

Besides, what's the fine line that these guys are supposed to dance if there are complaints about Yao's lack of aggression on one hand and then complaints about Swift being too aggressive on the other? How come when Yao did a staredown on Ratliffe or gets a technical, everyone applauds?

Has any actual NBA player ever complained about Swift's post-dunk behavior? Just doesn't seem out of line to me.

20. Houstone

Houstone Member