1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift a Rocket!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jul 18, 2005.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I still don't get people who say T-Mac can't start in the ASG as a forward. Didn't he start last year as a forward? What will prevent him this year from starting? He'll be better and the team will be better as well

Glad to see the optimism from Rox fans. First, he's as good or better than Duncan and KG. Second, he's way more popular than Tim Snooze Duncan and definitely as popular as Garnett

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He made it last year as a guard. Kobe-TMac-KG-Duncan-Yao

As far as him making it as a foward, I don't think it will be too much of a problem. KG has always been a lock, but if his team continues to struggle like last season, I think TMac has just as a good as a chance, if not better.

3. funksoultrader

Actually, I had missed that, so thanks. Now I can't watch the clip without cracking up. Love that enthusiasm.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

GATER, I agree. It is going to take some time for the roles to be defined. And when the season starts EVERYONE'S eyes will be on Stromile. Patience is the key.

BTW, you need to adjust your signature to reflect Swift's most likley 5yr 30M full MLE Salary. ;)

5. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

\Tickets seem to sell out faster since the arrival of T-Mac. But if you are referring to arriving to the games on time...I'm afriad the majority of Rocket fans are just going to be late. The posters here are the exception. :/

6. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Maybe they just went over 100 and she gets a free Big Mac?

7. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Deuce - I'm holding out until the CBA is ratified and all is "official"!!! :D ;)

10. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

Worthy to note that Swift also got blocked by Yao on all other occasions.

Anyway, one thing that gets me about Swift is his tendency to 'look down' on his opponent, after a dunk. He has to either strike a pose, throw up a sign, or even worse, stare down his opponent. I also distinctively remember a couple of dunks, where he -seemingly- purposely swings his legs around the opponents head.

11. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

Thats one thing I noticed too, prob wont fly with JVG.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

13. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

yeah, I really hate that...

14. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

He does his bird sign more often then not on his dunks, which is no different then Deke's finger way, and who says staring down is a bad thing? He gets fouled hard by them on a dunk and thats when he usually does it. I like it, it adds some attitude to the team. Oh, and when he "purposely swung his legs around the opponents head", that was on Dirk, so its exusable ;)

15. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

no ones gonna reup the Swift video that boomer83 posted?

16. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Did anyone listen to Lance Z's interview with the Grizzlies radio play by play guy this morning? I caught the tail end of it. The gist was that when Stro was drafted he was behind SAR, then Gasol, never found or had an opportunity to find his nitch or get comfortable. When Lo Wright was out (last year?) for an extended time due to his baby dying of SIDS, Stro was "dominant." Dominant at other times too, but mentally checks out from time to time. Good guy, humble, etc. It was a very positive review from someone who obviously has watched Stro for some time and has no reason to pump sunshine ....

Anyone else catch the first part of the interview?

17. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I've always hated that too about Stro, especially that bird thing pose or whatever it's called...but now that he's with us, I think it might turn out to be more of a positive then anything else. Both Yao and T-Mac are pretty quiet guys, although T-Mac speaks volumes with his game. But having someone like Stro, who can dunk the way he dunks and then throw it the opponent's face, it definitely changes the persona of the team. But who knows, the team is still changing and I guess we'll see.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cool, thanks for the update!

19. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I aplan to watch that video regularly for that reason. October/November is too far for me but this piece of vid will go a long way in making the wait worthwhile.

:)

20. haven

haven Member

Holy crap. I agree completely with pgabriel. How often does that happen?