1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift a Rocket!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jul 18, 2005.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Classic!!!!!!!!

2. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

yeah i was reading the AP article then

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

Swift does not = Mo

Swift attacks the basket

Swift is a shot blocker

Swift is fast

Swift goes to the foul line

Cato is the better comparison, just add a jumpshot and athletisism.

Enough with the Mo stuff. :)

4. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

spot on analysis :D

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Good move for the money. I really think NJ can win the east with SAR at the 4. If Jefferson,Carter,Kidd and SAR can stay healthy, they'll do damage. Kidd would prefer to pass and not score anyway while SAR gives them their 1st legit post scorer. Now NJ doesn't have to just play fast break hoops.

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

finally i made it to the end of this thread. I am excited about the signing becuase of how much we paid for Stro. This has to be a good sign for the league, because the way other teams spend there money, its just crazy. 70-90 million for a SG. Dammmmn

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Okay... So when do we get to point and laugh at the pessimists who said that we would never get Swift for the MLE? :D

8. dkim81

dkim81 Member

very cool.

9. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

they are all basing the Stoudamire for the LLE thread.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, at one point this off season I suggested that the Rockets would be better off going for a shooting guard in this market because the depth of that position would inevitably land them a better buy.

Oops. :D

Sometimes it feels really good to be wrong.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wonder if some of my "Stro most likely won't take the MLE and we need a S&T for him" comments will make the Classic Moments? :( :D

12. aries323

aries323 Member

Congradulations to ALL of us Rox fans, today is a GREAT F***ing day!

13. munco

munco Member

oh yeah! i think we can contend this year. if stro can rebound, play d, hustle we'll be looking good! also, posted the news on my blog (see sig).

14. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I was thinking along the same lines that a guard would be easier to obtain than a big man because of the glut of them as FA's. that being said I think picking up Stromile Swift was a solid move that will help bring some balance to the team athletically and defensively. I'm very sure that JVG is doing cartwheels thinking about having Stro play some D. Swift could very well turn into the type of player that Marcus Camby was for the Knicks at the height of his playing ability.

I still think that the Rockets need a decent "2" guard, especially one that can slash to the basket occasionally, shoot the three and play some decent defense. I really like Antonio Daniels, but I doubt whether the Rockes are even on his radar now that there is a glut of guards on this team, and although he can play the 2, he seems more suited for the 1.

I'm very sure that this is not the last move the Rockets will make, and to be very honest I expect them to make a big move with some of the contracts that are up ant the end of the upcoming season.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Welcome on board.

:)

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is it 99% certain an SnT won't eventuate at the 11th hour?

17. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

about time...no not only to signing stro but about time i got to the last post before i can contribute to sighs of relief. im anxious to see what he brings to the lineup next year...other than that im just glad the rox did something. about time...
    whats next?

18. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

welcome to houston swift!!! welcome home!!! THIS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS! i might not be able to sleep tonight! :D

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Well the Time for excuses are over!!. it's time now to Time deliver for the Rockets.!!!