1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swearinger Gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TMAC3, May 11, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

I'd be down for Laron landry for texans over trainer.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They should definitely re-sign Manning if they can get him on a cheap deal. He stole playing time from Swearinger last year anyway.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

We can always kick the tires on Daniel Manning. Have him run back kickoffs also.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They play big nickel a ton. They need a 3rd starting quality saftey almost as much as a 4th starting quality LB.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They did because they thought DJ was better than whatever the LB option was.

So they can either stick with that or they can find a LB to do that job. Either will work. I don't think they're beholden to 3 safeties over 2 LBs.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Typically I wouldn't care but his gruff attitude is piling up because he hasn't accomplished anything. First get the achievements then act like you have them.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

And lost Kendrick Lewis, Swearinger, and Manning.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

There's always Dawan Landry?

9. plee

plee Member

Pretty hard to blame Rick on Quessenberry...

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Especially when you deal with AJ the way he chose to. Cutting someone is one thing... making up a story about 40 catches is embarrassing.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#91 J.R., May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, people still wining about Andre Johnson being butthurt about being told that he'd have a reduced role if he stayed around....

Texans fans b**** even when the right moves are made.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Swearinger could hit, but could not tackle. RC probably coached him up on the tackling, but Swearinger failed to learn.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've been an advocate for getting rid of Johnson for 2 years now. The way it was handled was embarrassing.

15. magman

magman Member

Not to derail the thread more, but Johnson could have handled it better as well. As far as I can tell, the team has been mum, and everything we've heard has been from Johnson's camp, and stated in a way to embarrass the Texans.

On the Swearinger release, unless he's just a bad influence on the locker room, I don't see why you couldn't use him off the bench.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think you spend more time complaining about the complainers than the complainers do complaining.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, they were up front with him and treated him like an adult.....and then he threw a temper tantrum about it. It would have been embarrassing if they just cut him without giving him a chance to stay. He was so upset about a potential pay cut and role reduction that he took a pay cut and will have a reduced role on a different team....

What would have REALLY been embarrassing is if the Texans had decided to waste money on keeping him around at the same rate just to let him play out the ass end of his career here still throwing 150 targets his way so he can keep having 80 or 90 receptions a year. That would be embarrassing.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I've heard that he and Clowney are buds. The Texans don't really like DJ's character. He's really not a "Texans type" of player. And the team thought he was a bad influence on Clowney.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I tend to agree, they had to have really disliked something about him that was more than just his on-field antics to straight up cut him.